#SHIRTGATE

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I can’t wait to see the que snaking all around Hillsborough to buy a shirt that’s absolutely disgustingly overpriced and nobody will ever buy 

Thing is, not everyone is all over social media etc. There'll be people walking in and seeing the price on the tag and going apeshit in the store, guaranteed.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Thing is, not everyone is all over social media etc. There'll be people walking in and seeing the price on the tag and going apeshit in the store, guaranteed.

If I was a Megastore sales assistant I’d be calling in sick 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

100% there in for a terrible time 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

"£99, is that a misprint?"

'No, it's correct. It's a players shirt'

'Players shirt, who's is it? we've not played a game yet'

'no, it's the same as the players shirts, then there's a fans shirt'

'eh? what's the difference'

'they're cheaper- they're £59'

'where are they?'

'we haven't got any yet'

'FFS, typical Wednesday'

....AND REPEAT

'

• Haha 7

So the pro shirt is 99 quid, and the replica adult shirt is 59. 

Basically offering an option for those with the dollar...fair enough. People will spend it. But it’s poor that the 59 quid option for blokes isn’t available tomorrow. 

Is it the same supplier from down under? 

The way I see it, if anyone thinks that previous replica shirts have been anything close to what the players wear... think aruddygain. What you buy in the megastore isn't even close to the actual kit... it seems like with these new £100 shirts, Chansiri is giving fans the option to do so. 

It comes down to this for me: Is the replica kit released in a timely fashion, and is the kit a fair price? Ignore the premium version... ask yerselves, is £59 a fair price for a replica shirt? If the answer is yes... then whoop, it's fine. If not... oh dear. Equally is it released in a timely fashion? If it's out before the start of the season... great. If we get to the 4th of August and there's still only a £100 version available... then oh dear.

IMO ignore the more expensive kit, and decide on the answer to the above questions yourself. I have no idea if £59 is a fair price. My instinct is that it's not, but that's me... it'll be down to individuals to choose on that one. Equally, when would it be "too late" to release the kit with full availability? I'm pretty sure most clubs don't have this season's shirts available to buy yet, so again... down to individuals to decide. 

But also... with all the above said... seems a wee bit of a cheeky kit launch to me. 

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Or maybe they’ll see how good the shirt looks and buy it? Some people would pay good money for merchandise that will help fund the club it’s called being a loyal fan.

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Rumour has it Abdi maybe spotted at OITP wearing a Wednesday for the first time in over 2 seasons.

Don't shoot the messenger.

For £99 or £59, bugger Abdi, he best have Messi ready to sign tomorrow!

5 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

"£99, is that a misprint?"

'No, it's correct. It's a players shirt'

'Players shirt, who's is it? we've not played a game yet'

'no, it's the same as the players shirts, then there's a fans shirt'

'eh? what's the difference'

'they're cheaper- they're £59'

'where are they?'

'we haven't got any yet'

'FFS, typical Wednesday'

....AND REPEAT

'