#SHIRTGATE

Guest Hillsborough Mole
7 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Clever move, with the £99 shirts being the only ones there people’s desire to be the first ones to own the shirt will get the better of them and they’ll cave in.

He’s a smart man Mr C, we’re in good hands.

Youre either the most relentlessly sarcastic man alive, or a very tiresome troll

I'm going with the latter

6 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

The way I see it, if anyone thinks that previous replica shirts have been anything close to what the players wear... think aruddygain. What you buy in the megastore isn't even close to the actual kit... it seems like with these new £100 shirts, Chansiri is giving fans the option to do so. 

It comes down to this for me: Is the replica kit released in a timely fashion, and is the kit a fair price? Ignore the premium version... ask yerselves, is £59 a fair price for a replica shirt? If the answer is yes... then whoop, it's fine. If not... oh dear. Equally is it released in a timely fashion? If it's out before the start of the season... great. If we get to the 4th of August and there's still only a £100 version available... then oh dear.

IMO ignore the more expensive kit, and decide on the answer to the above questions yourself. I have no idea if £59 is a fair price. My instinct is that it's not, but that's me... it'll be down to individuals to choose on that one. Equally, when would it be "too late" to release the kit with full availability? I'm pretty sure most clubs don't have this season's shirts available to buy yet, so again... down to individuals to decide. 

But also... with all the above said... seems a wee bit of a cheeky kit launch to me. 

I know you understand the meaning of the word "replica".

It's meaning is corrupted in relation to football kits.

Think the Megastore staff will be incredibly grateful and thankful for this £99 shirts evaporation technology for fluids this morning 

they’ll be able to use it to mop up the spit and the blood from fans going on a mentalist rampage in the shop when they find out the kit situation

lol

thank god for Evapor8 eh?

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Or maybe they’ll see how good the shirt looks and buy it? Some people would pay good money for merchandise that will help fund the club it’s called being a loyal fan.

you're right, maybe they will. Also some people will turn up with £90 in their pocket hoping to buy a shirt and spend the rest in the Park. Does that make them 90% loyal?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

you're right, maybe they will. Also some people will turn up with £90 in their pocket hoping to buy a shirt and spend the rest in the Park. Does that make them 90% loyal?

This whole point is why tiered shirt pricing exists

the £99 shirt buyers will immediately elevate themselves to superfan level and start lording it up round the park today like some Oscar winning actress just out of rehab

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

the £99 shirt buyers will immediately elevate themselves to superfan level and start lording it up round the park today like some Oscar winning actress just out of rehab

lol

Very true. Can't wait to see how athletic they look.

• Haha 1

What a fu*king joke! The Club never fail to disappoint me. 

I was about to set off from Leeds in 30 minutes or so to get my twin lads one each and now there aren’t any sizes for 6 year olds.

Its yet another PR disaster - releasing the kit, then coming out and saying it’s a soft launch. Were they expecting some more kits yesterday? It’s anybody’s guess?!

To only have infants, women’s kits and pro fit kits available is a bloody joke.

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

According to one poster on here it makes you a “loyal fan” (mug more like) that would make anyone that doesn’t buy it a disloyal fan.

Unbelivable Geoff !