#SHIRTGATE

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

The megastore was shut all day yesterday. I assumed it was so they could sort out all the kit stock. I reckon there's either been a delivery missed or all the stock they have is somehow wrong or unsellable. There's no way they would shut the shop and lose a whole Saturdays sales surely? Unless they've given the staff the Saturday off so they can work the Sunday? All seems a bit odd to me. 

Conflict resolution and anger mananagement training course.

Make of that what you will.

I really think the club needs to save itself a lot of pain later and put on website, Facebook and Twitter “The £59 shirt is not available today in any children’s sizes (apart from under 4’s) and any adults sizes (apart from ladies)”.

it will stop a few thousand people going, which will help a lot.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Infants shirts up to four years and the ladies version can be purchased on Sunday 

Also says.... So from 10.00am in the Owls Megastore, the blue and white striped replica shirt will be showcased to supporters from the infant range, juniors, men’s and ladies.

9 hours ago, Miruic said:

But there will be people who would have bought a shirt tomorrow that now never will. We will not get more money. Very few will spend £99 on a shirt so instead of tomorrow being our biggest day of shirt sales we’ll sell hardly any and make very little 

This ^.

Was prepared (today) to spend up £100 for a full kit for my 12 year old.

Not going to bother; if it costs more for the delux version.

Not going to be ripped off; or settle for a cheaper imitation. So won't do either.

Kits are a great equaliser; worn by kids from all classes.

Not going to go for this delux or cheap version trick/poo .

It starting to feel like SWFIUA.

Edited by zzmdu

Spare a thought for the poor sods in the club shop who will get nothing but agro from some very disgruntled supporters today. Clearly it isn't their fault. 

What might be better is our Chairman or who ever decided on the pricing, and the person or persons who didn't check on a regular basis that the order for ALL options to be available today of AKL days be put in stocks so folk could throw rotten fruit at. It might give some folk some inner peace.( Not advocating violence by the way) Might raise some serious cash such is the mood amongst some fans. Rightly so.

lol

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

Spare a thought for the poor sods in the club shop who will get nothing but agro from some very disgruntled supporters today. Clearly it isn't their fault. 

What might be better is our Chairman or who ever decided on the pricing, and the person or persons who didn't check on a regular basis that the order for ALL options to be available today of AKL days be put in stocks so folk could throw rotten fruit at. It might give some folk some inner peace.( Not advocating violence by the way) Might raise some serious cash such is the mood amongst some fans. Rightly so.

lol

Mr Chansiri should be behind the counter all day today chatting with fans and gauging the success of the kit launch today

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

lol

He needs to get behind the counter today and front up for his fizz up.

Great early morning read is this, grown men blubbing because they can't get  a footy shirt to walk around in!

Not to mention poor little Tarquin who will have to wait a few weeks instead of getting what he wants immediately. 

Didums 

• Thanks 1

Just now, the monk said:

Great early morning read is this, grown men blubbing because they can't get  a footy shirt to walk around in!

Not to mention poor little Tarquin who will have to wait a few weeks instead of getting what he wants immediately. 

Didums 

UBERFAN 1 - 0 NORMAL FANS 

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

To be fair - people posted a whole press release, then the relevant two paragraphs and you sill needed it cutting out into a few words.

I'm gonna let you off though mate - cos its early, its Sunday and its been bloody hot the last few days lol 

That may well be true.

However, when you get your morning coffee and log on to Owlstalk and the first thread is a mega "Shirt-gate" you read it. The fact that the supporting evidence has disappeared onto page two doesn't help.

That's my excuse anyway.

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the monk said:

Didums 

Does anyone seriously call their children Tarquin or is this an urban myth aimed at beating the upper classes.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Finally the Truefans have got their own shirts and a means of identification and standing out from the regular fan.

Yep

It's finally actually really happened in Sheffield

And even worse it's being defended by fellow fans

What's going to be the next tiered/VIP offering? Toilets?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

That may well be true.

However, when you get your morning coffee and log on to Owlstalk and the first thread is a mega "Shirt-gate" you read it. The fact that the supporting evidence has disappeared onto page two doesn't help.

That's my excuse anyway.

lol

Theres your mistake

I have to have at least 3 coffees before I even contemplate opening Owlstalk