#SHIRTGATE

Guest Hillsborough Mole

If the team conceded as many own goals as we do off the pitch with stuff like this - we'd be relegated by Christmas

I'm effing furious tbh. Son went to bed buzzing for getting his shirt today ready for our hols. Now I'm reading this I won't be going to OITT. Once again we've done our utmost to pee off the fans. Bit of an overreaction but after the past 12mths, right now I honestly feel like taking a break from swfc. Seriously done my nut in. 

Edited by Semedo's ferret

1 minute ago, Semedo's ferret said:

I'm effing furious tbh. Son went to bed buzzing for getting his shirt today ready for our hols. Now I'm reading this I won't be going to OITT. Once again we've done our utmost to pee off the fans. Bit of an overreaction but after the past 12mths, but right now I honestly feel like taking a break from swfc. Seriously done my nut in. 

Completely agree. I live in Leeds and I was setting off at 9am to get my lads one each. Just found out 30 minutes ago that there are no sizes for them.

They really need to sort themselves out.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
26 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Are any other clubs charging 100 quid for a shirt or just us ?

Adult shirt price confirmed at £59 on Twitter

CONLISIO.jpg

The £99 option doesn't bother me one bit. All the top prem clubs and European giants do the same. One price for the fans shirt. One price for exact replica of players shirt. They'd have sold 15-20k shirts today. Average of £50. That's around £1 million. Idiots. 

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

£99 for a pro shirt.

Ive said many times £59 is too much. But isn't that the same as last year?

£99 is for an exact player replica shirt. I'm sure some other clubs (EPL) do likewise. Buying isn't compulsory.

If you don't like the price of season tickets don't get one

If you don't like the POTG prices don't go

etc etc etc etc

There's a dark pattern emerging every time innit

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bulgaria
22 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Adult shirt price confirmed at £59 on Twitter

CONLISIO.jpg

And now folk are gonna be saying..." It's only 59 not 99" 

And the mad Scrabble to get one commences.

Still ridiculous price.

That badge. Brutal.

Gimme that plain owl back.

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

£99 for a pro shirt.

Ive said many times £59 is too much. But isn't that the same as last year?

£99 is for an exact player replica shirt. I'm sure some other clubs (EPL) do likewise. Buying isn't compulsory.

Was £59 last year, but was launched on "offer" at £49.

Doubt many, if any, paid £59.

32 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

What a fu*king joke! The Club never fail to disappoint me. 

I was about to set off from Leeds in 30 minutes or so to get my twin lads one each and now there aren’t any sizes for 6 year olds.

Its yet another PR disaster - releasing the kit, then coming out and saying it’s a soft launch. Were they expecting some more kits yesterday? It’s anybody’s guess?!

To only have infants, women’s kits and pro fit kits available is a bloody joke.

Agree completely. I’ve promised my 12 year old the new kit too. I’m not buying this only the pro £99 kit has arrived business. This has been done on purpose to see how far we can be pushed as fans. Obviously the bulk audience when it comes to buying shirts are adults and juniors. So they are seeing how many they can sell at £99 first. Will some people just give in and buy it? Kids will be left disappointed if not etc. I love the club but really don’t like this approach.

i wish the club were as shrewd as this when it comes to negotiating transfers and contracts etc, rather than us fans getting the sh1tty end of the stick. Let’s face it £59 for cheap bit of nylon is overpriced but £99. Wow just wow.

:carlos:

Edited by Sticky belly
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Am I being subject to the biggest whoosh ever?

Wheres the evidence that a full range of shirt sizes won't be available?

I going fake news and a gullible herd mentality.

Why call it a soft launch? It doesn’t say that the men’s and junior shirts will be available. All shirts will be showcased - ye, you can look at them but not available to buy.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If you don't like the price of season tickets don't get one

If you don't like the POTG prices don't go

etc etc etc etc

There's a dark pattern emerging every time innit

That's life.

I put what money I have towards watching Wednesday. Having a shirt or other merchedise is secondary.