Carlos is missing us !

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

The hatred of Carlos, who gave us our best football and 2 highest finishes since we left the Premier League, is absolutely bizarre

It’s not hatred at all . We obviously finished higher because we spunked loads of money for the first time since relegation. We won in spite of Carlos , when it came to the crunch we bottled it every time , just like his Swansea side did against Southampton. The fact his legacy of crocked players and fat contracts for players that offer nothing is still living on is what annoys me . 

• Like 2

Tactically too rigid. 

Lacked the bottle to finish the job and got away with it due to us being the surprise package season 1 when everyone was still fit and organised from stu's regime. Man management was poor, see Abdi, mcgugan, venancio and the youth products etc... 

We move on and leave him to it. 

I liked Carlos. 

Admittedly it was time for him to go, but the best recent memories have all been via him & his style of play. 

Arsenal 3-0, Wembley, 2x playoffs contenders. 

Maybe if he dropped into League One/Two and brought a team up, he’d get some love back - like a Swindon or Blackpool etc and got them flying high. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

It’s not hatred at all . We obviously finished higher because we spunked loads of money for the first time since relegation. We won in spite of Carlos , when it came to the crunch we bottled it every time , just like his Swansea side did against Southampton. The fact his legacy of crocked players and fat contracts for players that offer nothing is still living on is what annoys me . 

Exaxtly right, in the Wednesday universe Carlos was given a rare golden egg, and instead of producing a delicious omelette and chips he came up with scrambled egg on slightly burnt toast.  There’s no hatred just disappointment that we didn’t hire a proper chef to begin with. I’ve forgotten what point I’m making but if my girlfriend is reading this I want omelettes and not scrambled egg, thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Exaxtly right, in the Wednesday universe Carlos was given a rare golden egg, and instead of producing a delicious omelette and chips he came up with scrambled egg on slightly burnt toast.  

And dropped it on the kitchen floor, smashing the plate, and watching in dismay as the dog ran over and lapped it all up before running off to lick it's balls

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Exaxtly right, in the Wednesday universe Carlos was given a rare golden egg, and instead of producing a delicious omelette and chips he came up with scrambled egg on slightly burnt toast.  There’s no hatred just disappointment that we didn’t hire a proper chef to begin with. I’ve forgotten what point I’m making but if my girlfriend is reading this I want omelettes and not scrambled egg, thank you. 

I keep reading about all the cash he had, but to put into context it’s at a time lots of other clubs have even more. Let’s remember 5he first good season eh? Yes it went pear shaped but let’s no5 get too b8tter. Time moves.

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You could say a similar thing about Trevor Francis who ruined our club

David Pleat ruined our club

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

The hatred of Carlos, who gave us our best football and 2 highest finishes since we left the Premier League, is absolutely bizarre

It bemuses me. Can only think those criticising haven’t sat through the previous 20 years of utter gash like a select few of us have. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

not you as well , I thought you had more sense than to think carlos would be the one doing the contracts …….

4 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Didn’t have the finances to compete to keep Swansea up. 

How msbt points and goals did they get in the last 9 games? Maybe don’t lose to relegation rivals. Maybe don’t bottle it and revert to defensive tactics at the first sign of trouble.

Joke of a manager and I hope he’s done in England 

Wasnt really a joke of a manager for the first 2 seasons was he? Maybe blame the players for bottling it at wembley. Last season it was time for him to go, course ut was, but lets give the bloke a bit of respect for what he did. !

Didn't there used to be a chant that  went something like 'Carlos had a dream,To build a football team.......'

My memories of Carlos are mixed. In the season he took over, we saw some superb football. He took a team that was never Premiership class, and after a final third of  a season, pushed them to finish 4th (above their actual worth IMO) and a very disappointing Wembley visit. The second season he had them comfortably qualifying for the play-offs, only to fail in front of their own crowd. His last season saw a drastic change in both results and tactics, and he quite rightly moved on, though many would argue not soon enough. He had not only been hit by injuries to many key players, but appeared to have losst the dressing room.

His last six months at Hillsborough were enough to rightly bring the wrath of his fans down on him. His departure - pre-planned? -came as a relief, and his legacy has been questioned, but in view of past 'glories', I feel that, pleased as I am that he is gone, his record at S6 does not warrant the volume of abuse he receives.

• Like 1

I'm sure he misses a power crazed owner who decides whom we buy and sell, who effectively picks the team, whom drives away our best young players, whom is a complete dictator. 

Wow, there's so much to miss at Hillsborough. What can be keeping him away?