Carlos is missing us !

On holiday in Portugal at the minute, and who pops up as a pundit on their World Cup coverage, only Carlos ! Asked the bloke behind the bar to translate. Apart from the normal discussion about Portugal's games so far, he talked about his time in England and how he was shocked by our passion for football. Said he loved Sheffield and the people, and his biggest regret was not winning at Wembley. Swansea was a good opportunity to manage in the Premier League , but it was a hard ask to keep them up and didn't have the finances to compete. Bloke behind the bar didn't really know who he was, but said he talked a good game, and seemed to genuinely miss being in England. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

On holiday in Portugal at the minute, and who pops up as a pundit on their World Cup coverage, only Carlos ! Asked the bloke behind the bar to translate. Apart from the normal discussion about Portugal's games so far, he talked about his time in England and how he was shocked by our passion for football. Said he loved Sheffield and the people, and his biggest regret was not winning at Wembley. Swansea was a good opportunity to manage in the Premier League , but it was a hard ask to keep them up and didn't have the finances to compete. Bloke behind the bar didn't really know who he was, but said he talked a good game, and seemed to genuinely miss being in England. 

Get ready!!

IMG_4707.JPG

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Although we could have used Nostradamus to simplify the press conferences  WTF:

Yes, I never was able to find a Portuguese "cobblers" to English translation App for iPhone......

If I'm honest I do slightly miss having to watch the press conference three times and still not having a clue what was going on!! lol

Just now, Morepork said:

Yes, I never was able to find a Portuguese "cobblers" to English translation App for iPhone......

If I'm honest I do slightly miss having to watch the press conference three times and still not having a clue what was going on!! lol

When the mighty fisherman from far eastern lands came to save the flock of owls he chose a wizard from the land of explorers that found the new world.

However this wizard lacked wisdom and left his players broken and lacking in fitness so the mighty fisherman banished him to the land of Wales to ponder his sins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Didn’t have the finances to compete to keep Swansea up. 

How msbt points and goals did they get in the last 9 games? Maybe don’t lose to relegation rivals. Maybe don’t bottle it and revert to defensive tactics at the first sign of trouble.

Joke of a manager and I hope he’s done in England 

23 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Didn’t have the finances to compete to keep Swansea up. 

How msbt points and goals did they get in the last 9 games? Maybe don’t lose to relegation rivals. Maybe don’t bottle it and revert to defensive tactics at the first sign of trouble.

Joke of a manager and I hope he’s done in England 

Think it was time for him to leave but to discard the football he had us playing in our first season is unfair. Think he’d make an excellent coach somewhere alongside an experienced Manager. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AwokenGiant said:

Think it was time for him to leave but to discard the football he had us playing in our first season is unfair. Think he’d make an excellent coach somewhere alongside an experienced Manager. 

An excellent coach ? Did you see the state of our squad when he left :carlosswfc:

Guest Jack the Hat

All managers eventually leave for one reason or another . I think it's nice when they talk about us affectionately afterwards. Carlos even bigged us up when he was at Swansea. It was his dream job which went like a dream for 12 months. All the best for the future cc.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

The hatred of Carlos, who gave us our best football and 2 highest finishes since we left the Premier League, is absolutely bizarre

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

The hatred of Carlos, who gave us our best football and 2 highest finishes since we left the Premier League, is absolutely bizarre

You can't argue with the league positions but the football was only good for part of his first season. No other manager has had the resources that he was given and left behind a squad of players that were so unfit and under prepared. He was also lacking in man management.

• Thanks 2