Carlos is missing us !

On 21/06/2018 at 10:06, Mrmason69 said:

I'm sure he misses a power crazed owner who decides whom we buy and sell, who effectively picks the team, whom drives away our best young players, whom is a complete dictator. 

Wow, there's so much to miss at Hillsborough. What can be keeping him away? 

Kin'ell....I wouldn't like to live in your world.

On 21/06/2018 at 11:44, @owlstalk said:

On the flip side you could look at the players and money he had at his disposal and seen that if we gave it to Terry Curran and told him to get promoted with it he would have. Easily.

Gi'oor soft lad...ave a drink...chill out.:tango:

4 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Thats exactly my point. Why would my opinion of an ex manager be full of praise or hate for him.  I get the fact that most people can't seem to see beyond that.

He made some mistakes and he did some things brilliantly.

Thats just life

i'm up there with you on the 'mistakes', care to point out the 'brilliant things'?

8 hours ago, dnhc said:

carlos had what the vast majority of wednesday managers have not had, 'plenty of money', despite spending an absolute fortune (by our standards) his achievements were to alter our style of play into a 'southern european' style, with no plan B for when things went wrong, and (perhaps the most telling) introduced a fitness (or should i say lack of fitness) regime that was utterly staggering for a modern day professional football club.

none of us yet know fully what departures and (if any) incomings will be, to lose ff, bannan, jaoa, etc. will hit us hard, however if we can hold onto such players i do believe jos has already showed us enough to suggest he may have a tad more oil in his lamp than 'el clownio' had.

By our standards, it was plenty of money but nothing particularly special in the Championship and the plan nearly worked but as we all know nothing is guaranteed in football.

So we got to the playoffs. with no plan B?  Yeah right.

The fitness regime argument is based mainly on rumours, hyperbole and one or two players jumping on the bandwagon to excuse themselves of possibly shouldering the blame as a collective. 

Said all along that we will be starting the season with the same squad as we finished the season, FF and Bannon will be nigh on impossible to replace and hopefully, DC has the two onside.

Where I do think CC went wrong was discarding the tactics of the first season attacking the opponents in their half and quickly counter-attacking.

Really hope Jos pulls it off, I'm sure that he will be attacked viciously on social media should he not make the playoffs hope I'm wrong though.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You're overly obsessed with this point

Fans have every right to express their opinions. That's the whole point of social media

You are using the classic Strawman argument, I have never argued that fans don't have right to express their opinion.

What I don't agree with is the abuse that often goes with it.  Which is already rearing its ugly head in the Hirst thread.

15 hours ago, Watson said:

By our standards, it was plenty of money but nothing particularly special in the Championship and the plan nearly worked but as we all know nothing is guaranteed in football.

So we got to the playoffs. with no plan B?  Yeah right.

The fitness regime argument is based mainly on rumours, hyperbole and one or two players jumping on the bandwagon to excuse themselves of possibly shouldering the blame as a collective. 

Said all along that we will be starting the season with the same squad as we finished the season, FF and Bannon will be nigh on impossible to replace and hopefully, DC has the two onside.

Where I do think CC went wrong was discarding the tactics of the first season attacking the opponents in their half and quickly counter-attacking.

Really hope Jos pulls it off, I'm sure that he will be attacked viciously on social media should he not make the playoffs hope I'm wrong though.

'nothing special in the championship' IF it was 'nothing special' how come we're up against the FFP wall now?, it was as much as COULD be spent.

if you think he had a plan B, perhaps you could tell me why with 3 minutes of the wembley v. hull play off final game our keeper was still rolling it out to the f/b, who was squaring it to the c/b, who in turn squared it to the other f/b, and on until 20+ seconds later with any luck we are in a position to cross the halfway line?.

are you actually trying to say that you cannot see that our side under him became less and less fit during his tenure? that the reason the rotherhams, and burtons troubled us so was that 'effort' was all they had to bring, and that (over time) was the one thing we could not counter due to lack of fitness.

the 'fitness regime' or perhaps better referred to as 'lack of fitness regime' was his belief that the squad could reach full fitness without putting the hard yards in, and it showed in our performances.

the man had (was it) more than a dozen jobs in 14 years?, his longest tenure was with us, he was a failure, a hoaxer, a bullsh*t talker, a smoke and mirrors man, a snake oil salesman, all of these, he spent all the money the club had to spend within the rules, and ended up with a side half full of stuart gray players, whilst he bought a second Xl to watch the first team play.

he may be some people's 'champion' but to me he was a fraudster and clown, with very few ideas in his head, and that's why eventually sheffield wednesday had to agree with his previous dozen clubs, and now add to that list swansea city.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dnhc said:

'nothing special in the championship' IF it was 'nothing special' how come we're up against the FFP wall now?, it was as much as COULD be spent.

if you think he had a plan B, perhaps you could tell me why with 3 minutes of the wembley v. hull play off final game our keeper was still rolling it out to the f/b, who was squaring it to the c/b, who in turn squared it to the other f/b, and on until 20+ seconds later with any luck we are in a position to cross the halfway line?.

are you actually trying to say that you cannot see that our side under him became less and less fit during his tenure? that the reason the rotherhams, and burtons troubled us so was that 'effort' was all they had to bring, and that (over time) was the one thing we could not counter due to lack of fitness.

the 'fitness regime' or perhaps better referred to as 'lack of fitness regime' was his belief that the squad could reach full fitness without putting the hard yards in, and it showed in our performances.

the man had (was it) more than a dozen jobs in 14 years?, his longest tenure was with us, he was a failure, a hoaxer, a bullsh*t talker, a smoke and mirrors man, a snake oil salesman, all of these, he spent all the money the club had to spend within the rules, and ended up with a side half full of stuart gray players, whilst he bought a second Xl to watch the first team play.

he may be some people's 'champion' but to me he was a fraudster and clown, with very few ideas in his head, and that's why eventually sheffield wednesday had to agree with his previous dozen clubs, and now add to that list swansea city.

We aren't up against the wall regarding FFP now.

Maybe rolling out the ball to the F/B etc was Plan B, certainly wasn't the same plan which got us to the Final.  Which would have been Plan A and rolling out the ball would be Plan B.  We also came up against a team who on the day was better than us, it does happen. 

I didn't see any evidence of lack of fitness in his time here, this argument has grown out all the injuries we suffered last season and people putting two and two together and making five.

If he is a failure does that mean you wouldn't employ someone with two playoffs out of three seasons?  

This topic needs moving to a different section. If we do not have a section named water closet can one be created and put this thread in it along with others relating to this fool and flush them away.

We are still paying for him and his agents abysmal handling of the club. Two of physio team hired last summer have not had contracts extended obviously made good impression.

25 minutes ago, dnhc said:

Exactly this .... the state our players were in when he left was abysmal. You summed him up perfectly, a frauster who spouts bulls!t to hide his incompetence 

10 minutes ago, Watson said:

We aren't up against the wall regarding FFP now.

Maybe rolling out the ball to the F/B etc was Plan B, certainly wasn't the same plan which got us to the Final.  Which would have been Plan A and rolling out the ball would be Plan B.  We also came up against a team who on the day was better than us, it does happen. 

I didn't see any evidence of lack of fitness in his time here, this argument has grown out all the injuries we suffered last season and people putting two and two together and making five.

If he is a failure does that mean you wouldn't employ someone with two playoffs out of three seasons?  

we ARE up against the FFP wall NOW, and proof will be in the upcoming window.

extensively playing it out from the back was (his only) plan A.

i did see lack of fitness, and that as you point out did lead to a staggering injury list above any i have ever seen from any football club during the decades i have watched football.

whilst 2 play off failures and a disastrous third season are not enough, his employment record prior to us should have 'screamed' out loud as a huge warning. i can think of no circumstances where such a record would endear me to it's owner when in the position of offering a post.

7 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Exactly this .... the state our players were in when he left was abysmal. You summed him up perfectly, a frauster who spouts bulls!t to hide his incompetence 

but some are still using the 'snake oil' he sold them, in the hope it'll regrow hair, and make your d*ck longer.

13 minutes ago, Quist said:

This topic needs moving to a different section. If we do not have a section named water closet can one be created and put this thread in it along with others relating to this fool and flush them away.

We are still paying for him and his agents abysmal handling of the club. Two of physio team hired last summer have not had contracts extended obviously made good impression.

i only reply to those 'championing' the clown, as they often see two failed playoffs as a good return for his expenditure, whilst being willing to overlook his array of shortcomings.

10 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we ARE up against the FFP wall NOW, and proof will be in the upcoming window.

extensively playing it out from the back was (his only) plan A.

i did see lack of fitness, and that as you point out did lead to a staggering injury list above any i have ever seen from any football club during the decades i have watched football.

whilst 2 play off failures and a disastrous third season are not enough, his employment record prior to us should have 'screamed' out loud as a huge warning. i can think of no circumstances where such a record would endear me to it's owner when in the position of offering a post.

Now?  Maybe next season but not now.  I do believe that we will be going into the new season with the squad as it is.

In his first season, we played a high tempo game getting the forwards to get in the opponent's faces.  Plan B was rolling the ball out etc.

I don't see why having injuries leads to the conclusion that the players aren't fit.  They were injured as that is the nature of football and unfortunately for us very bad timing.

12 minutes ago, Watson said:

Now?  Maybe next season but not now.  I do believe that we will be going into the new season with the squad as it is.

In his first season, we played a high tempo game getting the forwards to get in the opponent's faces.  Plan B was rolling the ball out etc.

I don't see why having injuries leads to the conclusion that the players aren't fit.  They were injured as that is the nature of football and unfortunately for us very bad timing.

How have you come to that conclusion based on losses of £30m over the last two seasons... with a total of £39m allowed over the course of a three season-rolling period? Average losses of £15m a season... we need that to be cut to £9m for the next financial year in this period. Yes, lack of transfers will help that, contracts expiring will help that... but not by loads. Seems to be we're pretty close to the FFP wall... how have you decided otherwise?

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

How have you come to that conclusion based on losses of £30m over the last two seasons... with a total of £39m allowed over the course of a three season-rolling period? Average losses of £15m a season... we need that to be cut to £9m for the next financial year in this period. Yes, lack of transfers will help that, contracts expiring will help that... but not by loads. Seems to be we're pretty close to the FFP wall... how have you decided otherwise?

We will be promoted

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, dnhc said:

but some are still using the 'snake oil' he sold them, in the hope it'll regrow hair, and make your d*ck longer.

His did, well err his hair did.

:stuwinky:

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

We will be promoted

OK, cool... that'll be great for the financial year 2019/2020

However... we have the financial year of 2018-2019 to get through first... which will be the fourth financial year under Chansiri. From memory:

Year 1: c. £10m losses

Year 2: c. £20m losses

Year 3. UNKNOWN AND BEEN AND GONE. This covers most of the 2017/2018 season and some of 2016/2017. Will be revealed in March. 

Year 4. We're in it now

So again... how the heck can we not be in a position to worry about it, when we're two-thirds of the way through our period of £39m allowed losses and we're £30m in the red during that period? 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

OK, cool... that'll be great for the financial year 2019/2020

However... we have the financial year of 2018-2019 to get through first... which will be the fourth financial year under Chansiri. From memory:

Year 1: c. £10m losses

Year 2: c. £20m losses

Year 3. UNKNOWN AND BEEN AND GONE. This covers most of the 2017/2018 season and some of 2016/2017. Will be revealed in March. 

Year 4. We're in it now

So again... how the heck can we not be in a position to worry about it, when we're two-thirds of the way through our period of £39m allowed losses and we're £30m in the red during that period? 

I never we shouldn't worry about it, I'm sure that its more or less all DC is concentrating on at the moment but as yet we are not under any restrictions as far I know from the Footballing authorities.