Carlos is missing us !

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

not you as well , I thought you had more sense than to think carlos would be the one doing the contracts …….

No of course not , there are hundreds of people to blame for those. Carlos is certainly not the main culprit for that . I think what I mean is if we had somebody like jos in before , we’d have ended up with more sensible recruitment from the off .

My issues with how the club has been run certainly doesn’t lie solely with Carlos. I know I sound bitter and like a stuck record,  but when we had a major cash investment in 2015, it really should have been handled better . 

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No of course not , there are hundreds of people to blame for those. Carlos is certainly not the main culprit for that . I think what I mean is if we had somebody like jos in before , we’d have ended up with more sensible recruitment from the off .

My issues with how the club has been run certainly doesn’t lie solely with Carlos. I know I sound bitter and like a stuck record,  but when we had a major cash investment in 2015, it really should have been handled better . 

i'd agree with that …..we've fecked up big time on a number of fronts and the short term fix of signing aging and crocked players will continue to bite till there contracts run out ..I defend carlos because i'm not convinced he had a free reign on signing players  he wanted rather he signed players that whoever was advising chansiri at the time offered him …….lets hope they give jos a bit more of a free hand .

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

The hatred of Carlos, who gave us our best football and 2 highest finishes since we left the Premier League, is absolutely bizarre

He did it with a team whose fitness and ability he inherited and progressively diminished during his tenure.

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Never seen anyone mention that they hate him.

The relentless gloating in the other football section when swansea were relegated and the behaviour/comments of the fans last autumn says otherwise.

Why would you go on the internet to rejoice in the failings of a manager of a different team unless it somehow it affected you..?

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

4 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The relentless gloating in the other football section when swansea were relegated and the behaviour/comments of the fans last autumn says otherwise.

Why would you go on the internet to rejoice in the failings of a manager of a different team unless it somehow it affected you..?

Probably because of the relentless gloating that came our way from opposition fans when he had that little purple patch at the start of his Swansea career.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Didn't there used to be a chant that  went something like 'Carlos had a dream,To build a football team.......'

My memories of Carlos are mixed. In the season he took over, we saw some superb football. He took a team that was never Premiership class, and after a final third of  a season, pushed them to finish 4th (above their actual worth IMO) and a very disappointing Wembley visit. The second season he had them comfortably qualifying for the play-offs, only to fail in front of their own crowd. His last season saw a drastic change in both results and tactics, and he quite rightly moved on, though many would argue not soon enough. He had not only been hit by injuries to many key players, but appeared to have losst the dressing room.

His last six months at Hillsborough were enough to rightly bring the wrath of his fans down on him. His departure - pre-planned? -came as a relief, and his legacy has been questioned, but in view of past 'glories', I feel that, pleased as I am that he is gone, his record at S6 does not warrant the volume of abuse he receives.

Correct

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They haven't

That's just a myth put about by Carlos sympathisers who just don't get that criticising his fitness regime, tactics, approach to certain players etc isn't hate

I replied to someone who called hin a ‘joke of a manager’ 

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Wasnt really a joke of a manager for the first 2 seasons was he? Maybe blame the players for bottling it at wembley. Last season it was time for him to go, course ut was, but lets give the bloke a bit of respect for what he did. !

I wont give a bloke respect who ruined players and played them when not fit.

For a man who played negative tactics and neglected basic fitness. He did well because he had the most money to spend  of any manager in our history, had the players Gray brought in and kept fit. 

When it it was clear his attitude rubbed off our performances dropped. I raised concerns after the Rotherham win.

He tainted his ‘legacy’. Spunked our best 2 chances in 2 decades of gettting back to the premier league with negative tactics. 

Yeh let’s respect that shall we. 

3 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Strange how short peoples memories are.  Thrashing Arsenal, beating Newcastle three times and all the other great results are conveniently forgotten.

Finishing 4th and 6th were not failure.  Could be years before we finish top six again. 

On the flip side you could look at the players and money he had at his disposal and seen that if we gave it to Terry Curran and told him to get promoted with it he would have. Easily.

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, wednesdaylander said:

On holiday in Portugal at the minute, and who pops up as a pundit on their World Cup coverage, only Carlos ! Asked the bloke behind the bar to translate. Apart from the normal discussion about Portugal's games so far, he talked about his time in England and how he was shocked by our passion for football. Said he loved Sheffield and the people, and his biggest regret was not winning at Wembley. Swansea was a good opportunity to manage in the Premier League , but it was a hard ask to keep them up and didn't have the finances to compete. Bloke behind the bar didn't really know who he was, but said he talked a good game, and seemed to genuinely miss being in England. 

I find Carlos a bit of a tool - he went Swansea manage to turn it around and got them safe then managed to balls it up better then when Sheff United only had to get a point a home to Wigan to stay in the Premier League. One thing I have learn from Carlos it is never his fault while with us it was the pitch, the ref, playing 3 games a week, the fans, the weather never the man picking the team or the negative tactics. 

Then goes to Swansea and had a lot of talent their and scope to bring players in for a full transfer window and he wasn't up to the job. 

No hard feeling for him but he need to realise the reason he has 15 jobs over an 18 year career he gets found out after 6 months when he is in charge of the squad.

Will go down as one of the best managers we’ve ever had and an utter gentleman. Always calm and collected under pressure, clear and concise with his tactical analysis and an absolute stickler for player fitness.

Wish he was still here, I miss him.

57 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Probably because of the relentless gloating that came our way from opposition fans when he had that little purple patch at the start of his Swansea career.

You genuinely care about what fans of other teams think/say/sing so much you let it affect your opinion on a person.?

We had pissed Derby fans in our face shouting 'Carlos has now gone, your going down the sh@tter'...We just laughed at them and their ignorance.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I find Carlos a bit of a tool - he went Swansea manage to turn it around and got them safe then managed to balls it up better then when Sheff United only had to get a point a home to Wigan to stay in the Premier League. One thing I have learn from Carlos it is never his fault while with us it was the pitch, the ref, playing 3 games a week, the fans, the weather never the man picking the team or the negative tactics. 

Then goes to Swansea and had a lot of talent their and scope to bring players in for a full transfer window and he wasn't up to the job. 

No hard feeling for him but he need to realise the reason he has 15 jobs over an 18 year career he gets found out after 6 months when he is in charge of the squad.

He did very well for about 2 years when he was here, that can't be disputed.

What happened after thats another story

I'm just amazed at the fickleness and genuine negativity of this forum...Well perhaps I shouldn't be..

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

I'm just amazed at the fickleness and genuine negativity of this forum...Well perhaps I shouldn't be..

You shouldn't be,it happens with the players as well,once a few decide a particular player is injury prone/old/cack etc it becomes a matter of fact within months.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On the flip side you could look at the players and money he had at his disposal and seen that if we gave it to Terry Curran and told him to get promoted with it he would have. Easily.

If Meggy had the money and players that Cluelost had at his disposal, we would have been crowned Champions of Europe by now.

• Haha 2