Were you as emotionally involved last night?

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

This. I want England to win because I’m English and I like football. This ‘I domt care about England’ attitude is so boring 

It’s all the millennial tryin to be cool saying they hate England...heard a few local radio presenters(blokes)...mumpin about soaps getting rearranged...it’s tragic :picnic:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

It’s all the millennial tryin to be cool saying they hate England...heard a few local radio presenters(blokes)...mumpin about soaps getting rearranged...it’s tragic :picnic:

Pathetic isn’t it . It’s your national team , it’s not ‘cool’ not to care. I had a great evening down the boozer . If you don’t care then fine but bore off and let those that do enjoy something that happens only once every 4 years 

• Like 1

I work shifts so booked the day off yesterday so that I could watch the whole match including pre match build up! 

Love england so much....even through the “tough” times......which by the way are not really that tough! (Some teams don’t qualify for World Cups for decades)! 

I love what Southgate has done with the team. Hated our old rigid 442 system, love our new found fluidity in midfield and the fact he has the balls to drop players like Hart, Wilshere and Rooney. 

Last night we attcked from the off......I cheered like mad with Kane’s winner! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jesus said:

Not trying to turn this into a club versus country debate for people to say how much they hate England etc but my question is, were the emotions the same for you last night watching England win?

I lost all enthusiasm for England but am behind Southgate and the team this year a lot more. However still sat there last night and struggled to get that emotionally involved in the game. Didn't cheer when we scored, I was pleased and may have even smiled, but didn't cheer. When Wednesday score I go mad. Yet the friends around me went mental, much more so then when the clubs they support score.

Does it feel different to you? Should it feel different? 

I only get emotional when Wednesday score. 

I will celebrate the England goals with gusto.

but,

I find myself being more frustrated with the supposed best players this country can produce than anything else.

I have no empathy or willingness to accept mediocrity as they are not 'our own'.  I expect them to be competent footballers, who can kick with both feet, do not miss sitters and do not foul a full back facing his own goal line by the corner flag time after time.

I expect them to have skill, drive, pace and creativity...they are England, they are highly paid and they must therefore be better than we have at S6.

More often than not they fail to live up to their own hype with lack lustre performances.

The reality is that England are never as good as we think they are.

9 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

England to win the World Cup over Wednesday to win the league all day long. 

You are having a laugh surely aren't you??? 

So if you had the choice of Wednesday getting promoted next season or England winning this World Cup you would go with England. 

Each to their own I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

So if you had the choice of Wednesday getting promoted next season or England winning this World Cup you would go with England. 

i'd swap winning the world cup for doing the double over the blunts …….cant believe anyone would put there country before there club .

3 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Man City bought the league,, most domestic football is down to money. 

Nationality, however is harder to corrupt.

11 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Man City bought the league,, most domestic football is down to money. 

Nationality, however is harder to corrupt.

Given FIFA's recent track record that comes across as incredibly naive!

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Given FIFA's recent track record that comes across as incredibly naive!

I dont mean the competitions as such, more how money can corrupt the competition. 

Ofcourse Sep and Platini are corrupt and pretty much the last 20 odd years if International tournaments have been corrupted, but by money. 

League football is nowadays purely down to money and the competition, is corrupt. 

4 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

I dont mean the competitions as such, more how money can corrupt the competition. 

Ofcourse Sep and Platini are corrupt and pretty much the last 20 odd years if International tournaments have been corrupted, but by money. 

League football is nowadays purely down to money and the competition, is corrupt. 

Ref's can be bought, so can players, at any level.

The standard of refereeing was so poor in the England game with such obvious decisions not even being given a second look it has genuinely got me thinking. We have ruffled both FIFA's and Russia's feathers considerably the last few years so nothing would surprise me, especially at a FIFA tournament held in Russia!