Were you as emotionally involved last night?

Guest Jack the Hat

I love Wednesday and I love England. The intensity of the celebration depends on the importance of the goal. Most goals in the World Cup are important, not all championship goal are. which did I celebrate most Kane's winner or wallaces cross that drifted into the Brighton net? Both. I lifted off 100% into planet football. Can't understand why people wouldn't love watching their country in the worlds biggest tournament which only pops around every four years,  but it's their loss. I'm quite happy to bounce around the pub with a plastic World Cup on my head on a Monday night. 

21 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

I love Wednesday and I love England. The intensity of the celebration depends on the importance of the goal. Most goals in the World Cup are important, not all championship goal are. which did I celebrate most Kane's winner or wallaces cross that drifted into the Brighton net? Both. I lifted off 100% into planet football. Can't understand why people wouldn't love watching their country in the worlds biggest tournament which only pops around every four years,  but it's their loss. I'm quite happy to bounce around the pub with a plastic World Cup on my head on a Monday night. 

I agree completely. Meaningless England friendlies don't do it for me. But in the world cup i support England like i support Wednesday - full blooded. I don't see that as been disloyal to Wednesday or anything daft like that, because they can never be rivals, but i am fiercely proud of my nationality and during a world cup or major event i will be England till i die as i'm Wednesday till i die during the season. There is room for both imho!

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
22 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

11 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

I agree completely. Meaningless England friendlies don't do it for me. But in the world cup i support England like i support Wednesday - full blooded. I don't see that as been disloyal to Wednesday or anything daft like that, because they can never be rivals, but i am fiercely proud of my nationality and during a world cup or major event i will be England till i die as i'm Wednesday till i die during the season. There is room for both imho!

100%agree with these.

16 minutes ago, Malcolm Cooper said:

This country is not big!

I meant population wise. There’s over 50 million of us, and we as Sheffielders are different from even people in nearby Barnsley nevermind London.

I can identify with a person from Sheffield but not Barnsley hence why I don’t really follow England. It’s just a collection of Towns and Cities to me. 

Guest Jack the Hat
10 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I meant population wise. There’s over 50 million of us, and we as Sheffielders are different from even people in nearby Barnsley nevermind London.

I can identify with a person from Sheffield but not Barnsley hence why I don’t really follow England. It’s just a collection of Towns and Cities to me. 

People are the same and different throughout the world. When I went backpacking a few years back I got on great with people from all over the world. Would you believe the funniest guy I met was German . Yet I would happily give my next door neighbour a slap for repeatedly being a complete tool. As Ian Brown said it's not where you're from it where your at.

16 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

People are the same and different throughout the world. When I went backpacking a few years back I got on great with people from all over the world. Would you believe the funniest guy I met was German . Yet I would happily give my next door neighbour a slap for repeatedly being a complete tool. As Ian Brown said it's not where you're from it where your at.

He says with a union flag displayed in his avatar. Sir you have a flag there that is well known around the world for causing pain and misery to millions yet you want to preach we are all the same. 

Disgraceful display of cognitive dissonance there sir.

Guest Jack the Hat
38 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

He says with a union flag displayed in his avatar. Sir you have a flag there that is well known around the world for causing pain and misery to millions yet you want to preach we are all the same. 

Disgraceful display of cognitive dissonance there sir.

You forget. You've caught me hook line and sinker before. Not this time. Good try though.

4 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Can you at least neg me a little please? I need them.

I will, because I love you deeply.