Were you as emotionally involved last night?

Not trying to turn this into a club versus country debate for people to say how much they hate England etc but my question is, were the emotions the same for you last night watching England win?

I lost all enthusiasm for England but am behind Southgate and the team this year a lot more. However still sat there last night and struggled to get that emotionally involved in the game. Didn't cheer when we scored, I was pleased and may have even smiled, but didn't cheer. When Wednesday score I go mad. Yet the friends around me went mental, much more so then when the clubs they support score.

Does it feel different to you? Should it feel different? 

I enjoy the World Cup try and watch most of the games if not watch the highlights.

As regards England in a daft way it's similar to watching Wednesday, good at times, awful others, potentially with the talent in the team should do much better. 

Yes I want England to do well but won't lose any sleep if we crash out early. 

In my younger years watching Wednesday used to hate it when we lost nowadays, just grin & bear it.

11 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Not trying to turn this into a club versus country debate for people to say how much they hate England etc but my question is, were the emotions the same for you last night watching England win?

I lost all enthusiasm for England but am behind Southgate and the team this year a lot more. However still sat there last night and struggled to get that emotionally involved in the game. Didn't cheer when we scored, I was pleased and may have even smiled, but didn't cheer. When Wednesday score I go mad. Yet the friends around me went mental, much more so then when the clubs they support score.

I got emotional at the 2 - 1 result, my third correct score prediction in a row on super 6 :ghoulguy:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

the 'swear box' was full by halftime, blame sterling not me, and two penalty decisions, one given, the other somehow denied.

• Like 1

Kane’s last minute goal got a loud “yeeeessss” off me last night but if that had been Wednesday I would’ve still been jumping around now.

Like you though Southgate has seemed to rekindle some of the passion I used to have for England around Euro 96 and France 98 time. Hopefully it will only be stoked higher the longer we and the tournament goes on.

Interesting comments.

I am 43 now and I’ve been well into England up to the 2006 World Cup but given recent insipid and passionless performances in recent tournaments I have lost all motivation.

However, last night I did get my mojo back. We played exceptionally well in the first half and what I was most impressed with was the pressing and the high energy which we has deserted us over the last decade. I want to see an England team with high energy with movement and pace. We are definitely not the most gifted team technically and therefore I want us to play to our strengths.

I bought into the passion last night and I also like Southgate. He’s adopted a new system which is quite unique in international football and he’s trying something different to what his predecessors have done. He’s a genuine good guy. I am right behind the England team in this tournament.

One thing I will say is that I am concerned with refereeing performances in England matches. Time and time again, we are on the wrong end of decisions. Those 2 penalty decisions that we didn’t get and the soft Walker penalty makes me wonder whether we are liked as a nation. Whether its a political thing or a jealousy thing, I don’t know!

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Interesting comments.

I am 43 now and I’ve been well into England up to the 2006 World Cup but given recent insipid and passionless performances in recent tournaments I have lost all motivation.

However, last night I did get my mojo back. We played exceptionally well in the first half and what I was most impressed with was the pressing and the high energy which we has deserted us over the last decade. I want to see an England team with high energy with movement and pace. We are definitely not the most gifted team technically and therefore I want us to play to our strengths.

I bought into the passion last night and I also like Southgate. He’s adopted a new system which is quite unique in international football and he’s trying something different to what his predecessors have done. He’s a genuine good guy. I am right behind the England team in this tournament.

One thing I will say is that I am concerned with refereeing performances in England matches. Time and time again, we are on the wrong end of decisions. Those 2 penalty decisions that we didn’t get and the soft Walker penalty makes me wonder whether we are liked as a nation. Whether its a political thing or a jealousy thing, I don’t know!

Take 3 years off that and it's exactly how I feel so I'll save some typing and just quote you

Edited by Sultan_Pepper

Nothing is the same as a Wednesday last minute goal, but I'm very invested in this World Cup and DID go crazy when Kane nodded home.

I love the freshness of this team and if we went on to win the world cup it'd be HUGE and very very special.