ENGLAND vs PANAMA | Official Matchday Thread

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Panama looked really poor so i would make plenty of changes to try and get the majority of the squad involved / given a chance.

Walker, Maguire, Young, Henderson, Alli, Lingard, Sterling all step down

Cahill, Jones, Rose, Dier, Rashford, Loftus-Cheek and Vardy to start with Alexander-Arnold, Welbeck and Delph coming off the bench.

Would agree with most of that but would probably keep Maguire in.

Hate to say it in some ways but he was the pick of the defenders and heavily involved in both goals.

Alle, Sterling and Lingard contributed nothing meaningful, and Walker should never again be found in the middle of a back three. Obviously taught how to use his elbows at a young age by someone at S2.

I thought Ali was alright last night. Sterling and Lingard were pathetic. The latter nearly gave me a burst blood vessel when he sliced it from 5 yards. You’re paid hundreds of thousands a week and practice every day in training. Unacceptable 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I thought Ali was alright last night. Sterling and Lingard were pathetic. The latter nearly gave me a burst blood vessel when he sliced it from 5 yards. You’re paid hundreds of thousands a week and practice every day in training. Unacceptable 

So you wouldn’t have Sterling playing for for us then , seeing as though he’s so chronic makes me wonder who is picking the England team , how on earth can a player who is so bad get anywhere near playing for his country ??

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you wouldn’t have Sterling playing for for us then , seeing as though he’s so chronic makes me wonder who is picking the England team , how on earth can a player who is so bad get anywhere near playing for his country ??

It’s a mystery, but he offers us nothing 

well the one thing he offers is pace, but that’s obsolete if he can’t bloody control the ball 

Just had a look at the Man City forum cos i'm bored at work

They're defending Sterling on the fact that Ali, Lingard and even Rashford were just as bad..Slight club bias there I guess.  Also saying he was playing out of position.  But fair do on the opinion he didn't have the world talent around him like he does at Citeh.

38 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s a mystery, but he offers us nothing 

well the one thing he offers is pace, but that’s obsolete if he can’t bloody control the ball 

I think you are being harsh on him he scares defences with his pace , ok there isn’t always a finish but I actually like him would you believe , offers more than Lingard I reckon . 

35 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I think you are being harsh on him he scares defences with his pace , ok there isn’t always a finish but I actually like him would you believe , offers more than Lingard I reckon . 

No point running past defenders if you don’t have the ball with you lol 

He hasn’t developed whatsoever over the past few years 

Edited by FreshOwl

On the other side of the field.. I was surprised to Blaz Perez as their lone striker.  Don't get me wrong - he is a great player (he played for my Vancouver Whitecaps 2 seasons ago and had an amazing MLS career with FC Dallas before that) - however he was let go by Vancouver because age had finally caught up to him.

That being said  - I would be very careful of him - he only needs 1/2 a chance to put one in.

As for England - We need to play the entire game at the pace we started the first one.  Maybe Rashford gets a start?  A win and wer'e in!!
WAWAW

7 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Have we changed the name of this website from "Owlstalk" to "Englandtalk" all of a sudden ?.

I get more excited when SWFC get a corner than when there's an Engerlund game on !

log off for a month then kid

• Haha 3

Id go 4-3-3.

Henderson the holding midfielder and Maguire stepping further forward with Cheek and a front 3 with pace and power.

This can change instantly to 3-4-3 when attacking with Henderson dropping off when going forward allowing Rose and Trippier to bomb on.

Play to our strengths and let Panama worry about our attacking threat.

Replace Young, Sterling and Lingard.

Pickford

Trippier

Stones

Cahill

Rose

Henderson

Maguire

Ali / Loftus-cheek

Rashford

Kane

Vardy