ENGLAND vs PANAMA | Official Matchday Thread

1 minute ago, Southernblues said:

Rashford in for Sterling would be a good start

maybe Loftus-Cheek for Lindgard

I'd not disagree with that

To be fair I'd not mind if Southgate swapped the whole first starting eleven out and gave the others a game - don't see a downside to doing that

Owlstalk Shop

Watchd the mach. We stated off at a rigt pace, ten slowed naturall. 

My overall view of the game -Apart  from the two suprbly taken goals by Harry Kane, for long periods, it reminded me of Carlos' Wdnesday. So slow in the build up, finishing none exsistant, far too much time spent passing the ball to eaach other in their own half. Oh, and Refereeing TERRIBLE.This rather surprised me because, of the matches I've seen so far, the standard of referreeing has been excellent.. Like the look of the VAR system. Think it will be excellent when its refined in use.

By the way, can I be RACIST? Whoever, on an England world cup match, in a competition that Scotland failed to qualify for, decided to use a Scots commentator with an accent that only the most central of Glaswegians could understand? Yes, I'm biased, but, in an age where spoken English is deteriorating rapidly everywhere, surely we must have some reasonably good commentators who cn actually speak a language that the maajrity of us can understand. Carlos was bad enough, but surely?   

Yes. Keep the side, but bring on Rashford and Loftus-Cheek much earlier. And what was the thinking behind playing Delli Ali so long after he had obviously picked up some kind of injury. Has Southgate been subjected to some of CC's ideas and thinking? The .longer the game weent on, the more it began to look like a carlos' side. 'We've got a point. Let's make sure of that!' Carlos thinking.

I prefer Danny Rose as left wing back.

Agree with Rashford for Sterling, though he may want to protect Sterling's confidence by not dropping him.

I can see little change to the starting lineup though if I am honest.

Young is no good at left wing back with no left peg....always cuts inside and momentum is gone....

Stirling always disappoints iin an England shirt.

can anyone take free kicks? We could have Beckam just wandering around just for the moment when we have a one around the box.

No major issues anywhere else....

don't know who replaces them but young ,sterling & Lingard don't look up to playing at this level on what I saw last night ……...maguire reminded me of van aken can obviously play but got a mistake or two in him ,would hope that was a one game blip but if it wasn't i'd be having him out as well 

22 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Yes. Keep the side, but bring on Rashford and Loftus-Cheek much earlier. And what was the thinking behind playing Delli Ali so long after he had obviously picked up some kind of injury. Has Southgate been subjected to some of CC's ideas and thinking? The .longer the game weent on, the more it began to look like a carlos' side. 'We've got a point. Let's make sure of that!' Carlos thinking.

That was a strange move. It was clear he was well off the pace following the injury and should have been replaced at half time. 

So far the "lesser" nations have had a go and played with pride and effort. Tunisia just resorted to time wasting, dirty tactics and throwing 11 men behind the ball. Glad they got nothing from the game. 

53 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

My overall view of the game -Apart  from the two suprbly taken goals by Harry Kane, for long periods, it reminded me of Carlos' Wdnesday. So slow in the build up, finishing none exsistant, far too much time spent passing the ball to eaach other in their own half. Oh, and Refereeing TERRIBLE.This rather surprised me because, of the matches I've seen so far, the standard of referreeing has been excellent.. Like the look of the VAR system. Think it will be excellent when its refined in use.

By the way, can I be RACIST? Whoever, on an England world cup match, in a competition that Scotland failed to qualify for, decided to use a Scots commentator with an accent that only the most central of Glaswegians could understand? Yes, I'm biased, but, in an age where spoken English is deteriorating rapidly everywhere, surely we must have some reasonably good commentators who cn actually speak a language that the maajrity of us can understand. Carlos was bad enough, but surely?   

Fair play what you on about :laugh:

Sterling's legs are his own worst enemy, trips over himself and never seems to make a proper contact on the ball. 

Probably stick with it for the Panama game, but as others have said, be prepared to hook him for Rashford a lot sooner. 

54 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Written English not as important to you then? If you write a post that the maajrity of us can understand, your point will carry more weight.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Watched the mach. We started off at a right pace, then slowed naturally. 

My overall view of the game -Apart  from the two superbly taken goals by Harry Kane, for long periods, it reminded me of Carlos' Wednesday. So slow in the build up, finishing none exsistant, far too much time spent passing the ball to each other in their own half. Oh, and Refereeing -TERRIBLE.This rather surprised me because, of the matches I've seen so far, the standard of referreeing has been excellent.. Like the look of the VAR system. Think it will be excellent when its refined in use.

Far from being anti-Scottish, I have a great deal of respect for them - when I can understand what they are saying.

Have a reat deal of respect, too, for ritten english. And quite a good grounding in it. Unfortunately, my fingers are not as nimble a my tongue or my mind. It's somethig called AGE. It comes to us all, unfortunately - even computers, which don't work as well as they age.have corrected most of he piece I wrote. Ihope this satisfies you..

I'm guessing he'll go with the same line up and maybe/hopefully take Alli out of the starting 11 if injured. No left footers in the team makes us a bit predictable as well. Rose in for Young to get some bombing on going, like Trippier did first half. I personally thought we did well for 20-30 mins or so then were bang average to below average for the rest. 

59 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Watched the match. We started off at a right pace, then slowed, naturally. 

My overall view of the game -Apart  from the two superbly taken goals by Harry Kane, for long periods, it reminded me of Carlos' Wednesday. So slow in the build up, finishing none exsistant, far too much time spent passing the ball to each other in their own half. Oh, and Refereeing -TERRIBLE.This rather surprised me because, of the matches I've seen so far, the standard of referreeing has been excellent.. Like the look of the VAR system. Think it will be excellent when its refined in use.

By the way, can I be RACIST? Whoever, on an England world cup match, in a competition that Scotland failed to qualify for, decided to use a Scots commentator with an accent that only the most central of Glaswegians could understand? Yes, I'm biased, but, in an age where spoken English is deteriorating rapidly everywhere, surely we must have some reasonably good commentators who can actually speak a language that the majority of us can understand. Carlos was bad enough, but surely?   

My apologies for any typo errors. That any better?