Liam Palmer

26 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Should have been given a chance to really flourish in central midfield for us.

Saw him play a reserve game at Port Vale back in the days of Steve MacLean etc - he was so far ahead of the others in terms of vision and passing ability he looked like a genuine international class player.

Battle of the vision and passing ability.

Bannan v Palmer 

lol

Agree should have been given more of a chance in midfield

but wouldn't go as far as international class.

1 minute ago, scotty_owl said:

Interesting over the years where I sit, same people who think Palmer is worthy of a place also though Sean McAllister was a good player at the time!!

Was a much better passer then Palmer will ever be.

10 minutes ago, scotty_owl said:

Interesting over the years where I sit, same people who think Palmer is worthy of a place also thought Sean McAllister was a good player at the time!! Cringe!!

When we had Sean McAllister we really were at bare bones and had no alternative.

He did well and maybe his career nosedived because of being dropped in at the deep end with us, in other circumstances he really could have become a player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Jesus wept. Some of the comments in this thread?!

Liam Palmer is a league 1 player, its as simple as that. So is Morgan Fox for that matter. Nothing against the lad but he is not good enough for where we want to be. 

This 100%.  It's ALL about where we want to be. For some sides he'd be ok. 

Played 136 games in the championship and 66 in league 1 under various managers. Can't be all that bad can he?Admittedly he isn't premier league, but he is a solid championship right back. One of our own which most other clubs fans would back and celebrate. A decent back up right back imo.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

No longer a kid, and with quite a bit of game time under his belt.

Does he have a future with SWFC?

Persistently manager after manager at Wednesday have said he is technically good enough to play top flight, yet often he is considered a weak link?

Turned to full back, even after a successful full season in the heart of midfield out on loan (more first team starts for Tranmere than any other time in his career)

I ask because i've just been told, rather jokingly, that the pigs are in for him - but I personally think like a lot of players, he could fulfill his potential here with the correct mentoring - just like it seems Nuhiu has.

I know most comments will be "not good enough, get rid" but I do wonder why so many have suggested he is good enough to play higher level?

Nope, he’s pants!

10 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

You aren't the only one

I'm sure the OP's not making it up (why would he?), but these comments have completely passed me by. If he or anyone else could find them, I'd love to read them in order to work out what kind of illegal substances our various managers had been consuming whilst making them!

Palmer's a decent squad player in the Championship, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's destined for the top level.

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Jesus wept. Some of the comments in this thread?!

Liam Palmer is a league 1 player, its as simple as that. So is Morgan Fox for that matter. Nothing against the lad but he is not good enough for where we want to be. 

Exactly this - we are so desperate for  one of our own to make it that we cling onto players like Palmer who are nowhere near good enough