Liam Palmer

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We should get rid of him just for being so unprofessional as to get a belly like that.

Probably speaks more volumes about our fitness coaches than it does the players.  

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Whilst seeing your point, you’ve got to have more professional pride than that.

Yep I agree with you 100%.  No doubt about that.  

Still, the job of our fitness coaches is to get them fit, that is their job description, they are paid to deliver that.  

I don't think Jos rates him...

He's not terrible, despite what the haters claim. 

In saying that, I don't think he's good enough IF we want to be challenging for a top 6 spot. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Palmer is our best right back Can we find better? Yes of course we could

Hunt is a better player imo. 

Neither are exactly great, but I see more upside with Hunt. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I agree with a lot you say but that is complete rubbish. Hunt is far better and is more of an outlet. Palmer should be in league 1 with your mate, Rhodes.

Problem with Hunt though he doesn't score many, if at all.  Doesn't set that many goals up himself.

If we are going to sacrifice wingers on the wing to play in an expansive 3-5-2, then our wing backs, both sides need to deliver a whole lot more than they are doing right now. 

5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Problem with Hunt though he doesn't score many, if at all.  Doesn't set that many goals up himself.

If we are going to sacrifice wingers on the wing to play in an expansive 3-5-2, then our wing backs, both sides need to deliver a whole lot more than they are doing right now. 

Hunt and Reach are tailor made for wing back - they are probably the fittest players at the club and you need to be playing this role.

I see Reach being a revelation at left wing back next season. I like Hunt probably more than most but I agree he needs to

work on his final delivery. We need more of the crosses for the Rhodes goal at Hull and Winnall’s goal against Brum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hunt and Reach are tailor made for wing back - they are probably the fittest players at the club and you need to be playing this role.

I see Reach being a revelation at left wing back next season. I like Hunt probably more than most but I agree he needs to

work on his final delivery. We need more of the crosses for the Rhodes goal at Hull and Winnall’s goal against Brum.

Thing for me is, how often we see Hunt in an attacking position, he receives the ball out on the right hand side, we have 3-4 players in the box and eventually a poor cross goes in and gets cleared.  

Would like to see Hunt in the box more often, one twos, take a shot on  goal, create havoc.  That in turn will give him more confidence to get more involved in our attacking play.  

Reach I agree has the engine for the left side.  That surely has to be the way forward. 

• Like 2

:luhukay: = Clean Slate for everyone, He's had a right Baptism as we are all aware ?

but by now he has an idea who's the Sparkling Gems,

the Diamond in The Rough,

the lump of Coal,

and the pile of Dogshìt .

Liam Palmer is definitely not the latter , he's a team player  he does his best and could look to the Big Man for inspiration. .

"One man's scrap is another man's Gold" ...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

How anyone can forgive Palmer's half arsed lazy attitude is beyond me. Does my shed in when I watch him amble back into defence after a forward run. Lack of ability I can readily forgive if the player gives it his all. Palmer takes the effing wee wee. More life in a tramps vest.

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

How anyone can forgive Palmer's half arsed lazy attitude is beyond me. Does my shed in when I watch him amble back into defence after a forward run. Lack of ability I can readily forgive if the player gives it his all. Palmer takes the effing wee wee. More life in a tramps vest.

He must be on the wind up as Palmer is nowhere near Hunt’s level and Hunt is still a long way from the finished article. 

Palmer is a league 1 player and is overall fitness is very poor. 

3 hours ago, Ronio said:

We could move Palmer back into centre midfield imo, and bring in a new upgrade to compete with Hunt.

That's his best position IMO. His level? Probably low championship but potentially higher. Over to you Jos...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He must be on the wind up as Palmer is nowhere near Hunt’s level and Hunt is still a long way from the finished article. 

Palmer is a league 1 player and is overall fitness is very poor. 

Initially I did wonder whether it was a lack of fitness with Palmer but from watching him I just think he can't be bothered tracking back or putting a shift in.

Thing is I thought he upped his game and work rate when Jos arrived and then soon reverted to type.