1 hour ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Ive found with alot of our fans that the way a player looks or runs or jumps, or even walks is vitally important to whether that player is any good or not.

strange, must be a sexual thing!

Yep the likes of Tudgay where idolized cause they ran about alot

4 hours ago, sage owl said:

have you got one that covers the last 3 seasons  ?.

Scored just shy of 40 goals in under 200 appearance for Wednesday according to stats. Quite a few as sub. If thats right then not bad for a bit part player. While we are on about stats wonder what the other strikers are like.

3 hours ago, brando said:

spot on,let's see what happens next season

That comment smacks of eager anticipation of a barren spell next year so that the "I told you he was cr@p" comments can be rolled out.

Temporary or not; we've got a player that scores as frequently as almost all other players in the division. Can't we just celebrate that in a post on Owlstalk?

Never been a fan of his and with good reason up, until the last half of this season.  Often thought that too often he's out of position, picks the wrong pass, didn't impose himself enough on the defenders.

But fair play to him he's made me eat my words, in the last part of the season he has played out of his skin, been a joy to watch.  

The acid test is of course next season when he needs to keep to the excellent standards he's now set himself and aim for at least15 goals.

At no point have I hated him (if it comes to that, I have never hated any footballer).  It's fantastic to watch a player prove the critics wrong.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

I don't think there are any anymore. 

Oh there are; they've just being quiet over the last few months of the season.

Don't worry, they'll find their keyboards again as soon as he misses a few chances next season.

• Like 2

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, poite said:

Just for clarity. If I neg this thread because I think it's rubbish does that mean I 'hate' you?

No but if you do it 10 times a day for the next 3 years it might indicate a fairly strong dislike.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
12 minutes ago, Chilli said:

Oh there are; they've just being quiet over the last few months of the season.

Don't worry, they'll find their keyboards again as soon as he misses a few chances next season.

Regrettably probably true. Same with the Jos critics that have had to withdraw into the shadows but you just know that they're primed and ready to reappear after a couple of setbacks.

6 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Ive found with alot of our fans that the way a player looks or runs or jumps, or even walks is vitally important to whether that player is any good or not.

strange, must be a sexual thing!

Sadly true.  Loads of our fans didn't rate Carlton Palmer, Lee Chapman, Nigel Worthington, Keith Ellis, John Hickton because they looked clumsy.  It's like judging a book by it's cover.  

7 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I have a mate who hates him

Even after his recent good run, my mate puts his improvement down to having chances he can't miss

I kid you not

I also have a friend who hates Adam Reach

I need to get new friends

Or maybe your mates need to get new friends.

:ohmy: :tongue: ;-)

Edited by daleblue