1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Sadly true.  Loads of our fans didn't rate Carlton Palmer, Lee Chapman, Nigel Worthington, Keith Ellis, John Hickton because they looked clumsy.  It's like judging a book by it's cover.  

I remember Sheridan being booed

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

8 hours ago, torres said:

That is all it is! which is how it should be.

This ''haters'' nonsense drives me mental. American garbage!!

I fully agree.

All these stupid Americanisms creeping into the English language.

My biggest bug bear is the word garbage.

It's absolute trash.

FFS.

• Haha 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

He's certainly improved:

2017/18 132 mins/goal 11 Goals 28 Apps

2016/17 367 mins/goal 0  Goals 20 Apps

2015/16 686 mins/goal 3 Goals  41 Apps

2014/15 371 mins/goal 8 Goals  43 Apps

2013/14 288 mins/goal 8 Goals  38 Apps  

Too right, especially  when you consider goals per minutes on the pitch and factor in an extra 3 goals from cup games.

9 hours ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

He's certainly improved:

By my calculations, in his first four seasons with us, David Hirst (the greatest SWFC striker I have seen) scored 35 goals in 130 games - near to 1 goal in every 4 games. At the time, I heard some people refer to Hirst as “The Boy Wonder”, some refer to him as having potential or others refer to him as being useless. Hirst then went on to score 68 goals in the next 128 games (better than 1 goal in every two games) and the doubters and those that did not believe in him disappeared (and quite rightly so). 

Obviously, it’s unfair to compare Nuhiu with Hirst as the latter was far superior then to what the former is now but my point here is that players can change; Hirst found his mojo under Big Ron’s management and continued under Trevor Francis - maybe Jos Luhukay is Nuhiu’s “Big Ron”. 

I would also say that forwards bring more to games than just goals and those that rate strikers purely on their goal scoring records know little about football in my opinion. Hirst terrorised defenders and made (although not necessarily assisted) goals for teammates. Nuhiu is obviously different to Hirst in style but he too contributes significantly other than scoring and has done in every season he’s played with us with his “back to goal”  “hold up” play, “fast feet” and aerial presence; I would hazard a guess that Nuhiu’s assist rate is relatively high also. 

I really wish we could put the Nuhiu debate to bed and that all Wednesdayites could support him. In our current FFFP situation, we need an in-form Nuhiu more than ever. 

For the record: I always believed in Hirst and I have and always will believe in Nuhiu. 

10 hours ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

He's certainly improved:

The real stats are goals per minute played which are not truly represented above.

There is no doubting his recent improvement though and can only be put down to different coaching.

Atdhe has to maintain this improvement to win over the few remaining,  lets call them doubters, in the coming season.

It will be very difficult to dislike one of the league's leading scoreres IF he can keep it up..

Guest Jack the Hat
20 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I have a mate who hates him

Even after his recent good run, my mate puts his improvement down to having chances he can't miss

I kid you not

I also have a friend who hates Adam Reach

I need to get new friends

These are the two players that probably divide opinion but neither are hated . However not everyone wants to have a big love in because the big guy banged a few goals in towards the back end of the season and comes across as a nice guy in interviews . Thus far he has been a disappointing signing if you consider his time here collectively . He should be judged on next season when he has all the foundations in place and he isn't playing for a contract. Despite being the player of the season - and a poor season at that- reach still drifts in and out of games and fails to tackle. So there is plenty of room for improvement. Are you sure these players are hated or is it just people expressing reasonable opinions that aren't what some people want to hear. There's a bit of an OT. PC collective on here that don't like constructive criticism.

And on the subject of the big fella.....I've been a fan of his all the way through his time with us and I don't think he has particularly improved on what ability he had already but have been given a chance to play games with the better players we have now compared to when he regularly started games under SG.

Under Carlos people talk about his goal return which is really unfair as he was used to kill off games when we had a lead.  Getting the last 15 mins to hold the ball up and run it into the corners and slow the play down... He was rarely sent on to try and score a goal just to waste time which he is really good at too!

He has always had good technical ability and you can see that by watching things he did prior to this season but not seen enough as he was used sparingly and as a game killer.... Now hes had the opportunity to have a good run in the side with our better players we are seeing what he is actually capable of but hasn't had the chance to prove...

Go on Adthe lad.... keep the moaners quiet!!!! 

1 hour ago, Lichfield alien said:

That's a myth

No its not,

I remember cleaarly his being booed after two or three very poor games when he seemed reluctant to get involved in play.It clearly shook him up and after a few words from Big Ron he was restored to his best form the next game.

That's a myth

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

It’s a myth I witnessed then. He was booed against Oxford I think. I was there when it happened. 

1 hour ago, Cash in the Attic said:

no it isn't!  it happened i remember it..... trying to remember who we were playing but it definitely happened 100% i was embarrassed listening to it at the time it made me cringe!!! 

It was oxford and it never happened

54 minutes ago, Blatter said:

No its not,

I remember cleaarly his being booed after two or three very poor games when he seemed reluctant to get involved in play.It clearly shook him up and after a few words from Big Ron he was restored to his best form the next game.

I remember it well

At the end of his bad run of form, he scored a penalty in front of the kop and most of the team mobbed him, whilst pointing viciously to Wednesdayites on the kop, it may have been against Ipswich, not really sure now

But yeah, it's a myth

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

I fully agree.

All these stupid Americanisms creeping into the English language.

My biggest bug bear is the word garbage.

It's absolute trash.

FFS.

No need to wet your diapers!