14 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

With Rowett parting for Stoke and Derby seemingly on FFP trouble where do we think this leaves Winnall? Does he have a future at the club ? Would he be welcomed back?

I've personally never known a player go out on loan and purportrate like he is their on a permanent contract.

Purportrate? Mod, can we have a section just for made up words, a new dictionary section?

3 hours ago, Animis said:

Winnall's first oppetuantety of moving out would have been January due to his injury.  He's our player and under our medical care until he's fit, which my reading of predictions is towards the end of the year.

Wonder which year that will be then :ph34r:

15 hours ago, steveger said:

He started so well for us but it seems the clown never liked him...

After seeing how good Fred is , I wouldn't trust carlos's judgement on players. 

15 hours ago, wawawuto said:

I would love him to stay.

Unpopular opinion I know, but I don't have a clue whats gone on behind the scenes, all I ever saw was that he gave 100% on the field.

We have many players that we can't say the same about sadly.

I concur, as long as he is reticent I would love to see him banging them in for Jos.

4 hours ago, cookeh said:

jesus wept..

Expand on your point, one is 27 Years old, one is 31 Years old, this season in raw stats

Fletcher 20 Games 3 Goals 1 Assists

Winnall 21 Games 7 Goals 3 Assists

Both players are still under contract at us are they not? If we are taking into account lowering the age of the squad, getting rid of big earners in an over subscribed area of the pitch and a player with a history of niggles and injuries, one is a striker who has been one of the most prolific in the country in the past few seasons and the other is not. As I said previously in the case of Winnall I do not care whether the is playing for himself of the badge on the shirt, scoring goals is the most important thing for a forward. I do not doubt Fletcher has his qualities but since we have signed him he is either playing with an injury or has been out with an injury is he effective yes is he as productive as Winnall this past season no regardless of who they played for. I am just offering up an alternative and with us having just signed Nuhiu to a new contract he does a similar job to Fletcher no?  As we are not going to ask Fletcher to play the FF or Joao role we saw last season. 

6 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Was told by someone close to the club Winnall is a bit of a bigtime Charlie .Good riddance for me if true.

To be fair almost every striker ends up in that position because they are a big time charlie. Di Canio was a big time Charlie, Hirst was a big time Charlie, Hirst Jnr is a big time charlie. You need that arrogance as a striker imo.

3 hours ago, LanceKeyring said:

Purportrate? Mod, can we have a section just for made up words, a new dictionary section?

Yes I'd like to know what "GENERALATION" is,  as used in an earlier thread.         :biggrin:

21 minutes ago, Watson said:

From what I hear he wasn't to well liked in the dressing room.  Some players threatened to leave if he didn't.  (The club not the dressing room).

If true and some players threatened to leave the club just because they don't like a team mate, then I'm afraid that says a lot more about them than Winnall.

Let them them f!!k off, who do they think they are.

UTO

Or we just get rid of Winnall who won't get in the team anyway?

Upfront is the one area of the team where we can afford to be as choosy as we want to be. Joao, Hooper, Forrestieri and Nuhiu is a frightening lineup for this level and that doesn't include Fletcher or Rhodes.

He wants to go, teams will want him and he'll fetch some cash. Get rid.

8 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

If true and some players threatened to leave the club just because they don't like a team mate, then I'm afraid that says a lot more about them than Winnall.

Let them them f!!k off, who do they think they are.

UTO

If true we need to know why there was so much unrest.  Could be that violence was involved or something.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe he’s a total arse, maybe he isn’t 

We need to get rid of him cos he’s crap

It's been happening for years but it's almost like Wednesday fans have a constant fear about players leaving. You always see it. "What if he does well for whoever we sell him to!" or panicking about depth. 

If we sell Winnall it still leaves us with 6 players vying for 2 positions - maybe 3 if we assume FF will freely roam in the final third alongside a front 2 - of which pretty much any combination of them could be deemed good enough for the top 6.

Sod Winnall.

The last word surely belongs to JL,IF Winnall can offer something he thinks we cant do without,then fine,Id back the player and JL.

New manager should mean a fresh start for them all,a chance to put the past behind them and unite behind new ideas and approach,what happened under the old regime is confined to history for me

1 hour ago, Hughthecone said:

And then hardly played him.??

WTF:

The point is he brought him to the club so that's surely evidence of good player judgement and not poor player judgement? Sure he didn't play him but it doesn't mean he didn't rate him. It was just that Van Aken was above him in the pecking order.

• Like 1