3 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

To be fair almost every striker ends up in that position because they are a big time charlie. Di Canio was a big time Charlie, Hirst was a big time Charlie, Hirst Jnr is a big time charlie. You need that arrogance as a striker imo.

Arrogance  along with being a big time Charlie is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard if you have yet to score a goal at senior level lol

Got to laugh at some posts on here.

Pull up his goalscoring record. It’s outstanding.

He may not be technically the best footballer you’ll ever see but he knows where the back of the net is.

I’d like to see someone compare the goals per game record in the careers of our strikers. 

I dont care care about if the guy is a 2hat or not, I just want players that score on a consistent basis. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Arrogance  along with being a big time Charlie is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard if you have yet to score a goal at senior level lol

I agree with you but my 9 year old nephew is a wannabee striker, big time charlie and an arrogance beyond youthful enthusiasm.

He has everything he needs with the exception of footballing ability.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, torres said:

He isn’t that good first and foremost so if we can get rid of him that would be perfect 

Didn’t rate him as a player up til his goal away at Barnsley - after his celebration I couldn’t stand him

Scores infront of Full away end, who sang his name throughout-despite him being garbage - perfect opportunity to say I’m with these now, your abuse doesn’t mean anything - sadly not he goes and runs in the opposite direction to say “look at me, look at me” 

Not for me thank you 

To be fair he ran to area of supporters who gave him some reight hammer/chucked something at him & stood there like... ‘what?’.

...and his stats over the last few seasons don’t lie. He’s a goalscorer. English goalscorers go for extortionate money.

he maybe a bit of a bad egg but nothing that can’t be managed by the right gaffer.

6 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Got to laugh at some posts on here.

Pull up his goalscoring record. It’s outstanding.

He may not be technically the best footballer you’ll ever see but he knows where the back of the net is.

I’d like to see someone compare the goals per game record in the careers of our strikers. 

I dont care care about if the guy is a 2hat or not, I just want players that score on a consistent basis. 

Totally agree, some posters on here make me laugh as well. And not in a good way. A striker's main aim is to SCORE GOALS and Winnall does that, end of. Is he a big time charlie? Seriously, why would any true fan of this club care? How many successful footballers aren't? To be any good at anything in life you have to have a bit of arrogance. Maybe extreme confidence is a better phrase. But, just like our managers we sign, our fans demand that they are also nice people. Beggars belief, no wonder we are where we are.....

I just don’t know how people can judge someone without actually knowing them but I may be old fashioned.......heresay, speculation, rumour, mate of a mate and all that sh!te.

Get him back here, clean slate, best for both parties.

22 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Thing is, he ain’t that good and he’s now in a pickle Burnt his bridges with us, Derby probably won’t want him, and I can’t see Stoke fans thinking he’s the sort of signing they need

Depends who took over as stokes new gaffer bud, they had a striker for years under pulis always gave 100% would run chase and Harry anything that moved, wasn't prolific, but did a lot for the team, think his name was Walters, very similar to winnal. 

10 hours ago, richowl said:

To be fair he ran to area of supporters who gave him some reight hammer/chucked something at him & stood there like... ‘what?’.

...and his stats over the last few seasons don’t lie. He’s a goalscorer. English goalscorers go for extortionate money.

he maybe a bit of a bad egg but nothing that can’t be managed by the right gaffer.

He was 2 metres from our supporters but wanted the limelight all to himself.

I take him being a complete tool if his play merited it....it doesn’t 

Winnall is obviously a good striker. But we should sell because 

1) he apparantly fell out with members of our squad and seems a bit of a ****

2) he clearly wants to play for someone else (derby)

3) we can use the money to buy someone younger and with more potential 

• Like 1