He isn’t that good first and foremost so if we can get rid of him that would be perfect 

Didn’t rate him as a player up til his goal away at Barnsley - after his celebration I couldn’t stand him

Scores infront of Full away end, who sang his name throughout-despite him being garbage - perfect opportunity to say I’m with these now, your abuse doesn’t mean anything - sadly not he goes and runs in the opposite direction to say “look at me, look at me” 

Not for me thank you 

• Like 1

if we can lose maybe Rhodes & Fletcher I’d prob keep him. 

Hopper Nuhiu Winnall João as our 4 

2 playing / 2 on bench. Not sure how fit Winnall or Hooper will be after missing large parts of the season. 

But they are both Try’ards 

:happy:

I thought Winnall was doing alright prior to his loan and I was surprised we let him go out at the time.

I wouldn't mind having him back and when fit i think he can challenge for a starting place and has plenty to offer still.

New manager, clean slate and all that.

UTO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BDM4nil said:

I thought Winnall was doing alright prior to his loan and I was surprised we let him go out at the time.

I wouldn't mind having him back and when fit i think he can challenge for a starting place and has plenty to offer still.

New manager, clean slate and all that.

UTO 

By the end of the season, we were starting to play football Nuhiu, Joao and Forestieri, all comfortable on the ball

You couldn’t slot Winnall into that, he’s not a footballer

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

By the end of the season, we were starting to play football Nuhiu, Joao and Forestieri, all comfortable on the ball

You couldn’t slot Winnall into that, he’s not a footballer

Bit harsh that. Although i know what you are getting at; his game is effort and pressure. He does know where the goal is and record prior to arriving was excellent.

He makes a good sub when chasing the game, similar to how Derby used him. 

His injury has changed the whole complexion for this summer, but his public comments seem to suggest he's determined or desperate to sign for Derby. Maybe one to sort out for January 2019 when he's fit and has some game time.

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

how do people know he's a troublemaker and hated by the other players ?

I don't think people do know, but this seems to fit a lot of people's chosen agenda.

Maybe he did cause a bit of trouble, but if so, how about another chance?

FF has largely been forgiven for refusing to play for us, which is a worse thing to have done IMO.

• Like 1

His apparent issues with us clearly go beyond the former manager. He's removed everything to do with SWFC on his Twitter, stating he's a Derby County player, which now isn't technically correct. 

There must be something in the rumour relating to the player bust up. So, get what we can and let him leave. My worry is that if Rowett does go, where does it leave Winall? and Will he still be wanted. He's clearly burned his bridges here at S6. Silly lad.

1 hour ago, 442 said:

I'd be happy with the 500K back.

I'd want more than this. If Madine goes for £6m (and he isn't worth it but Colin paid stupid money for him) then Winnall has to be worth an absolute minimum of £3m (probably nearer £5m) as I reckon he's better than Madine. He has more to his game and a better goal scoring record at this level

9 hours ago, steveger said:

He started so well for us but it seems the clown never liked him...

Jo’s will need to see him fit and can then make his mind up on him, like so many others sadly. I expect a better season than last with a few surprises due to FFP,

He is a horrible and nasty player Winnall but in the best way possible, I personally would much rather us look to offload Rhodes and a injury prone and wrong side of 30 Fletcher before Winnall (easier said than done I know). He strikes me as a very selfish and Ego driven striker who was just desperate to prove himself at Wednesday and found his chances very limited in the short spell he was actually at the club. 

With everything that has come out this past month about the malaise and complacency that had set in around our club during the summer could it just be that he wanted it more than others, and when his path was still blocked by players he saw not trying as hard as him he maybe told a few home truths?  I am not defending or sticking up for anyone but no one can question his desire to succeed not necessarily for any club but himself just insert any one of his goal celebrations it is like he has won the lottery.  

The reason why he seemed to enjoy his time at Derby was although he was not starting games he had a manager who knew how to handle him and someone he respected in charge, perhaps Jos will get a similar reaction if we keep him who knows. Winnall strikes me as the sort of player who no matter what club he is playing for as long as he is scoring goals and feels he is given a chance he is happy maybe he gets that chance under Jos. 

If we were to sell him I do not think we would be short of offers, his injury may cause a slight hiccup but he is a 5 million pound player in today's championship market at least, to let him go for less (especially because of the FFP situation) would be IMO the wrong decision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest Maxine

I'm not suprised he felt happy there Ihe didn't feel loved here. I'd love to keep him if he could be happy here, now we have a new manager it could be possible. 

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Heard from an unreliable source (twatter) that Derby offered Butterfield plus £1M for him, we said no so they came back with a £3M offer. The fact they rate Butterfield at £2M is laughable but I'd snap their hands off for the £3M if it's true.

They’ve pulled the wool over our eyes once with butterfeet, now we’ve seen him play can’t see us falling for it again.

would snatch their hands off for 3m for winnall though, seems a bit of a 2 hat and technically poor, and him or FF there’s only going to one winner...

Edited by Mr Meadows