17 hours ago, matt_johno43 said:

Expand on your point, one is 27 Years old, one is 31 Years old, this season in raw stats

Fletcher 20 Games 3 Goals 1 Assists

Winnall 21 Games 7 Goals 3 Assists

Both players are still under contract at us are they not? If we are taking into account lowering the age of the squad, getting rid of big earners in an over subscribed area of the pitch and a player with a history of niggles and injuries, one is a striker who has been one of the most prolific in the country in the past few seasons and the other is not. As I said previously in the case of Winnall I do not care whether the is playing for himself of the badge on the shirt, scoring goals is the most important thing for a forward. I do not doubt Fletcher has his qualities but since we have signed him he is either playing with an injury or has been out with an injury is he effective yes is he as productive as Winnall this past season no regardless of who they played for. I am just offering up an alternative and with us having just signed Nuhiu to a new contract he does a similar job to Fletcher no?  As we are not going to ask Fletcher to play the FF or Joao role we saw last season. 

One issue with getting rid of an injury prone player in favour of Winnall is that Winnall is injured and will be for a long time yet.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

One issue with getting rid of an injury prone player in favour of Winnall is that Winnall is injured and will be for a long time yet.

Precisely. The other post also fails to mention that the season before Fletcher dragged us into the playoffs with some huge goals, in the biggest games and finished with a respectable goals per minute ratio, the best at the club that season. 

This season, Carlos threw his eggs in one basket and played him with an injured knee since August. Hardly a surprise he broke down.

18 hours ago, Watson said:

From what I hear he wasn't to well liked in the dressing room.  Some players threatened to leave if he didn't.  (The club not the dressing room).

Well , if that was includes Fessi then Sam has to go as FF 's our main hope.

When fit , we should make a tidy profit on him.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Seems to split opinion on here, that’s for sure Bottom line for me though, he isn’t a footballer I’d pay to watch

You don't pay to watch players score goals then? Bizarre....

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Some players yes, not players like that though Awful footballer

Yep truly awful.

Given scoring goals is a rather important objective in football, this is his record :

Senior career 208 games and scored 83 goals.

To be honest, I couldn't care if he's an ignorant, wife beating, one legged, half blind midget, if he can score goals at that rate then he is potentially a valuable asset if used and played to his strengths.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

12 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Yep truly awful.

Given scoring goals is a rather important objective in football, this is his record :

To be honest, I couldn't care if he's an ignorant, wife beating, one legged, half blind midget, if he can score goals at that rate then he is potentially a valuable asset if used and played to his strengths.

I'd rather keep Nando, who is a far superior player. 

Hooper is better and Adthe, Lucas all bring things that Winall can't. 

Or a small transfer fee with a large add-on once he’s made say 10apps. Okay so we won’t have the money for this transfer window, but it would free up wages and insure some money coming in for January assuming his rehab goes well.

He had a very serious injury and it will tale time. Fairly certain it said would unlikely to be fit for start of season. Does anyone think a team will buy a player who is unfit and not proven after a serious injury. Whats more Derby are in difficulty with FFP as well so unlikley to put money into something not likely to get any reward. Think we can assume at Wednesday until January and think he is type of player who may do well under Jos.

On 23/05/2018 at 07:42, gurujuan said:

Thing is, he ain’t that good and he’s now in a pickle Burnt his bridges with us, Derby probably won’t want him, and I can’t see Stoke fans thinking he’s the sort of signing they need

Crap loan all round. We got buttercup for half a season and got an injured Winnall back. Should have said to Derby you can have him on a full transfer.

7 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Yep truly awful.

Now I’d pay to see that!

• Haha 1

winnall I think is the 5th highest scorer in league 1/championship over last 2-3 years ,strikers cost money ,theres no way he should go for less than 5 million , that rules derby out straight away with there money troubles ,what gets me is if derby are in or close to trouble with ffp then we must be in dire straights , didn't derby sell ince for 12 million,hendricks 10-12 million hughes 7 million  just the ones what stick in my mind . I think winnall would have been sold this summer as I don't think forestieri and winnall would get on ,but no club will be signing him as he is in the middle of recovering from a very serious injury . 

Some people are obsessed with these type of players, seemingly blinded by their individual goal scoring exploits We’ve had it with ALF, Rhodes (that went well) and now Winnall All have impressive scoring rates but add very little to the team ethos 

People seem to forget, football is a team game, and nowadays, you can’t carry players like that

Edited by gurujuan