1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Thing is, he ain’t that good and he’s now in a pickle Burnt his bridges with us, Derby probably won’t want him, and I can’t see Stoke fans thinking he’s the sort of signing they need

Penny for his thoughts when Rowett asked to speak to Stoke!

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

By the end of the season, we were starting to play football Nuhiu, Joao and Forestieri, all comfortable on the ball

You couldn’t slot Winnall into that, he’s not a footballer

He isn’t as polished as some of them, but he isn’t a total clogger either. sometimes under CC we over played and when he came on and did something simple like push the ball forward and simply have a shot it did us the world of good.

No idea what's gone on behind the scenes and I would love Rhodes to find his form, go on and become a Wednesday legend but if we'd had Winnall play all the minutes Rhodes played last season I think he'd have had a good season and we'd have been a good few places higher up the table.

But I suspect balancing the books will mean anyone that we have cover for with an incoming offer will be off

Doubt he will be playing for anyone until after Christmas. Now Rowett has gone probably blows our only chance of selling him, as others would want to see he has recovered before taking a chance. 

Suspect we might see a January loan move maybe. Shame, had Rowett stayed put could have anticipated a £2m(ish) deal but suspect he will be shopping with a bigger budget now and different targets at Stoke?

Depends on who the new Derby boss is and how skint they are, maybe Vydra might follow Rowett leaving a gap at Derby, which if not filled might see a return for Winnall in January?

What is it with Wednesdayites? At the time of his purchase, Winnall was scoring goals for Barnsley in the Championship, almost for fun. At the same time, so was Jordan Rhodes for M'boro. A certain CC couldn't apparently sign Rhodes, so he snatched up Winnall , next best thing. Shortly after, a certain Mr.Rhodes becomes available, so we buy him. We are left at this point with TWO of the league's most prolific strikers.nThis should have been Football Heaven. Instead, what happens. Goals from BOTH strikers suddenly dry up, Wednesday go weeks without having a shot on goal, so both strikers stop scoring goals.

Without putting the blame on either player, here is another scenario -  no striker can score goals without the ball being played to him. If neither Rhodes nor Winnall score, and neither does any other forward, or defender for that matter, I would venture to suggest that the system and not the players has broken down. Remember, at the time, we,the fans, were crying out for a striker, especially Rhodes, We go out and obtain, seemingly unexpectedly, one of the best (at the time) then shortly after, up comes the one we have been crying out for. Then, on their arrival at S6, BOTH goalscorers stop scoring.

I would put it that scorers don't just stop scoring. Scorers are FINISHERS, and if no chances arrive for them to finish,we should look elsewhere. A great example of this is the change in Atde Nuhiu since the arrival of Jos. 

Just now, striker said:

Doubt he will be playing for anyone until after Christmas. Now Rowett has gone probably blows our only chance of selling him, as others would want to see he has recovered before taking a chance. 

Suspect we might see a January loan move maybe. Shame, had Rowett stayed put could have anticipated a £2m(ish) deal but suspect he will be shopping with a bigger budget now and different targets at Stoke?

Depends on who the new Derby boss is and how skint they are, maybe Vydra might follow Rowett leaving a gap at Derby, which if not filled might see a return for Winnall in January?

Winnall's first oppetuantety of moving out would have been January due to his injury.  He's our player and under our medical care until he's fit, which my reading of predictions is towards the end of the year.

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

What is it with Wednesdayites? At the time of his purchase, Winnall was scoring goals for Barnsley in the Championship, almost for fun. At the same time, so was Jordan Rhodes for M'boro. A certain CC couldn't apparently sign Rhodes, so he snatched up Winnall , next best thing. Shortly after, a certain Mr.Rhodes becomes available, so we buy him. We are left at this point with TWO of the league's most prolific strikers.nThis should have been Football Heaven. Instead, what happens. Goals from BOTH strikers suddenly dry up, Wednesday go weeks without having a shot on goal, so both strikers stop scoring goals.

Without putting the blame on either player, here is another scenario -  no striker can score goals without the ball being played to him. If neither Rhodes nor Winnall score, and neither does any other forward, or defender for that matter, I would venture to suggest that the system and not the players has broken down. Remember, at the time, we,the fans, were crying out for a striker, especially Rhodes, We go out and obtain, seemingly unexpectedly, one of the best (at the time) then shortly after, up comes the one we have been crying out for. Then, on their arrival at S6, BOTH goalscorers stop scoring.

I would put it that scorers don't just stop scoring. Scorers are FINISHERS, and if no chances arrive for them to finish,we should look elsewhere. A great example of this is the change in Atde Nuhiu since the arrival of Jos. 

To be fair Rhodes wasn't even getting a kick for Boro in the prem so he certainly wasn't scoring goals for fun. In fact he hadn't for a good number of months. He only scored 6 in 24 for them 

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If he’s injured going into the new season then we are stuck with him.

When he’s fit however I’d be looking to get rid, it’s clear he doesn’t want to be here so if we can get £3m for him take it.

Indeed. He will need game time at SWFC to move on once he's declared fit. Therefore, January is likely to be the next window. Winnall's comments were clearly designed to engineer a move to Derby; a big club in the championship where he clearly feels happy at. It now will be out of his hands and if he still wants out by Christmas, hopefully we can move him on to a similar club with minimum impact on the team, and make a decent profit at the same time.

Even if all the rumours about his character aren’t true he’s made it abundantly clear through his own public comments that he does not want to be a Sheffield Wednesday player. Parting ways would be the best outcome but like others have said, it makes it less likely now that Rowett has gone to stoke. 

Derby or anyonelse wont be offering anything. He's injured until well into next season and don't forget the transfer window shuts early. 

My guess is he'll stay here, get fit. Maybe have 1 or 2 games for us before January where he is either sold or loaned out again. That is unless he impresses Jos. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

11 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Even if all the rumours about his character aren’t true he’s made it abundantly clear through his own public comments that he does not want to be a Sheffield Wednesday player. Parting ways would be the best outcome but like others have said, it makes it less likely now that Rowett has gone to stoke. 

I wonder when he made those comments whether it was that he didn't want to work with Carlos, or the other Wednesday players or the club as a whole.

I wonder whether that opinion might change once he starts training under Jos?