Westwood Going

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Try butterfield and Venancio !

don't really count as they were loans ,and butterfield was a swap for winnall so wages didn't change . as for venancio he will be coming back just need 800k for the fee ,hence 1 reason why westwood will be leaving ,ive know about this for weeks no shock whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

don't really count as they were loans ,and butterfield was a swap for winnall so wages didn't change . as for venancio he will be coming back just need 800k for the fee ,hence 1 reason why westwood will be leaving ,ive know about this for weeks no shock whatsoever. 

Wow,so Venancio didn't get paid,what a guy,playing for free.

You don't know what the wages were for Butterfield or winnall.

Of course you did,why wouldn't ya !

10 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Yeah, "you don't win anything with kids!"

Plus he's only an asset if he is available to play which he hasn't been for 6 months!

Not sure who youre quoting.

I doubt hes gonna rely on 2 keepers so  i guess another kids getting a contract.

Anyway, its still just rumours/made up stuff youse all lap up.  Remember everyone losing their shít over Vardy signing for Leeds not so long ago.

9 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I hope it isn't true,  I would hate him to go to another championship club. 

I would love him to go to one of our rivals, especially if his current injury issues continue. Let them have the problems whilst we move on.

All injured players are liabilities not assets, it doesn't matter who they are or what position they play in. The only questions are:

1.  can they come back from the injury fitter and stronger?

2. do we have adequate cover?

In KW's case we don't know the answer to the first question, but the answer to the second question is most definitely "yes"! 

Edited by Utah Owl

3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Not sure who youre quoting.

I doubt hes gonna rely on 2 keepers so  i guess another kids getting a contract.

Anyway, its still just rumours/made up stuff youse all lap up.  Remember everyone losing their shít over Vardy signing for Leeds not so long ago.

Wind-up surely?

But at the risk of a "whoosh" Alan Hansen talking about Manure 25 years ago on MOTD.

I feel like this might be the sort of hard-headed decision we'll be seeing a fair bit of this summer and I'm not necessarily opposed to it. Westwood has been a terrific keeper for us and I'm a big fan of his, but he's had his share of injury troubles of late. If we can bring in £4/5 million for him then that's pure money in the bank as we've got two or even potentially three lads coming through from the youth time to replace him. 

17 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

5 players off wage bill? who are they? only Wallace,loovens gone.  hirst and clare are on pocket money probably a few hundred a week. 

16 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Try butterfield and Venancio !

Plus Keane

7 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Has he played with or against Gerrard in the past tho? 

My comment that Westwood might go to Rangers was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. That said, and I know nothing of Rangers and their financial situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit (and I stress the "bit") of Souness in Gerrard's appointment, I.e. players crossing the divide (sectarian and border).

59 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Personally I have no problem with it. Too many injury problems for me plus we have two capable deputies and it helps with FFP.

Agreed totally. And apparantly we have another up and coming well thought of prospect at under 18 level.

5 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Wind-up surely?

But at the risk of a "whoosh" Alan Hansen talking about Manure 25 years ago on MOTD.

My Ferguson Videostar was being repaired and didnt record that episode of MOTD hence i didnt know.

• Haha 1

It is easy to say we should keep him as he is our best keeper but who knows how many games he will be fit for next season. If it is the same as last season then we would be wasting a considerable amount of money which we probably can’t afford to do.

He is fragile for a keeper, I think that is obvious.

It is a tough decision but if it makes sense financially then I for one wouldn’t criticise the club if it turns out he does well elsewhere.

I can imagine Leeds would fancy him.

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

It is easy to say we should keep him as he is our best keeper but who knows how many games he will be fit for next season. If it is the same as last season then we would be wasting a considerable amount of money which we probably can’t afford to do.

He is fragile for a keeper, I think that is obvious.

It is a tough decision but if it makes sense financially then I for one wouldn’t criticise the club if it turns out he does well elsewhere.

I can imagine Leeds would fancy him.

Who knows maybe he will be fit for every game and not let a single goal in.

He's not fragile for a keeper that much is obvious.