Westwood Going

Apparently being moved on in the summer and has already said his goodbyes to the playing staff. 

Heard from a friend who has who knows someone in the first team squad.

Before anyone has a pop about it being made up - I’m just sharing what I’ve heard from what has previously been a pretty reliable source, and secondly I don’t benefit from making stuff up!

thoughts if true? 

Edited by Ballmeist
  • Thanks 1

Great keeper and been a good servant.

If true it's no surprise as this is an area where we have strength and depth with two up and comers and generates some much needed revenue to reinvest.

where he ends up and the Fee will be interesting....

Edited by Fuzzy logics

Without doubt one of the best keepers in the division, if not the best. However, if someone was to say we were going to lose one of the big 4 in FF, BB, KW, GH, I know who I'd rather say goodbye to.

If true, all the best fella.

• Like 1

It would make perfect sense. We'll probably get a transfer fee of around £1-2m, as well as a big saving on his wages that can be redistributed to other areas of the squad where it's better needed.

I'm more than happy with either Dawson or Wildsmith being the number 1 next season. Both have proven themselves to be reliable under pressure.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Off to Rangers. Part of the Gerrard revolution.

imo.

Nah as much as I like him he supports the "dark side" plus Rangers have just re-signed McGregor from Hull.

Edited by steveger

I'd be disappointed if he went if I'm honest. He is still our number 1 choice in my opinion and as good as Wildsmith & Dawson have been I think if we are to compete at the top we need his experience. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if he went. 

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

League One here we come

Why do you say that Acqui?

He only played 13 games last season and we did fine considering the other injuries.

• Like 1