Westwood Going

In all honesty if Westwood goes, I can see it being on a free.

It's a gamble for any side to take him on.   We would be happy with the wage off the books, and no team would want to spunk a load of cash on both wages and transfer fee on a gamble.

Just now, HubristicClapper said:

In all honesty if Westwood goes, I can see it being on a free.

It's a gamble for any side to take him on.   We would be happy with the wage off the books, and no team would want to spunk a load of cash on both wages and transfer fee on a gamble.

Why the hell would signing Westwood be a 'gamble' :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

If we are only goin to get 2 mill for Westwood it's not worth doin the deal imo...and since when has he been 'injury prone'?

Come on Lichfield,thats how it works on here,one person posts it,others agree with it,and hey presto....................he's injury prone !

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

It was quoted on radio Sheffield Winnall was on 5k a week at Barnsley and singed a 16k a week with us

Winnall I can understand he's on quite a lot.   Maybe we doubled his wage, maybe more but I don't reckon 16k is reasonable.

Butterfield, I cannot see that wage - no chance.

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

Why the hell would signing Westwood be a 'gamble' :duntmatter:

Because you imbecile, why would you sign a player who is rarely fit.

That would be on a gamble he is fit.

It's a gamble.

Do you understand the word?

GAMBLE!

Is Lichfield full of simpletons like you?

2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

It was quoted on radio Sheffield Winnall was on 5k a week at Barnsley and singed a 16k a week with us

Well,i didn't hear that news snippet,but again i would question how they would be so specific with wages earned at one club as opposed to what another offers.

Just now, HubristicClapper said:

Winnall I can understand he's on quite a lot.   Maybe we doubled his wage, maybe more but I don't reckon 16k is reasonable.

Butterfield, I cannot see that wage - no chance.

He was telling all and sundry he had more than tripled his wages..he's not shy is winnall

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

It's a gamble.

GAMBLE!

a player who had 17 clean sheets in two seasons?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Nice attempt at deflecting, now can you provide the evidence? 

what on winnall getting 18k a week ? its common knowledge ,its also fact that out wage bill went up to 26 million for 2016/2017 which I also predicted correctly months before accounts were announced on feb 28th 2018 a rise from 17 million to 26 million ,they have since risen to 27 million ,I got some flack and abuse on here saying I was well out with my figures ,well Watson do ya investigating and you will find I was right.  the whole point I'm making is purely our wage bill wont and cant get any higher so the players what have left Wallace,loovens,kean are the only wages we are saving and what can be made available for any out of contract player on loan signing , that's why jos mentioned the word u23 u23 u23 so much before season finished and why dawson played the last 3 games because he was seeing if dawson is good enough to play as either our no1 or no2 keeper a test what he passed . 

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

It's a gamble.

GAMBLE!

Rarely fit ..sum body post his wednesday stats pleez :picnic:..as for Lichfield I Wundt know..but strange things happen :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Not read the thread, so apologies if it’s already been covered. But I seriously doubt any player would say his goodbyes unless a deal was v much complete - there is a lot of water to go under the bridge before any deal is finalised. Being told someone can leave - ie finding another club - and them actually leaving are two different things. With this in mind, I’d doubt the credibility of the rumours/hearsay. That said, I think KW will be one of those players we will be looking to cash in on. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Andy Rhodes looks to have done a phenomenal job over the last few years. You'd like to think he's been consulted on the goalkeeping situation, and whether he feels Wildsmith or Dawson are ready to be a number one for the whole season.

It's a big risk if we're serious about challenging (letting a proven, top quality keeper go in favour of relatively inexperienced youngsters) but if Rhodes thinks one of them is ready then fair enough.

It's not a case of letting him go because we have two decent back ups though- it's whether either of them is truly ready/good enough for a team supposedly aiming for promotion.

There's a big difference between being competent and being outstanding. Westwood has shown he can be outstanding, and you often need an outstanding keeper to get promoted.

17 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

kean I forgot about him another 1 of Carlos's great signings.  though I can imagine his wages would have been very low ,probably well under 5k a week so doubt we will be getting a championship quality player with the wages saved on kean leaving . I reckon with Wallace,loovens ,kean we ,might have 30-35k a week available for wages this summer,that would increase be appx 25k if westwood departs , fans need to realise that we wont be able to compete this summer with big clubs for signings ,whoever we get needs to work and stay fit ,unlike most of the carlos signings . I'm just been realistic .

Based on our record with "Big" signings and competing with the "Big Clubs" I'll just settle for Jos doing his thing this summer and making sure we get the "right" signings.

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

what on winnall getting 18k a week ? its common knowledge ,its also fact that out wage bill went up to 26 million for 2016/2017 which I also predicted correctly months before accounts were announced on feb 28th 2018 a rise from 17 million to 26 million ,they have since risen to 27 million ,I got some flack and abuse on here saying I was well out with my figures ,well Watson do ya investigating and you will find I was right.  the whole point I'm making is purely our wage bill wont and cant get any higher so the players what have left Wallace,loovens,kean are the only wages we are saving and what can be made available for any out of contract player on loan signing , that's why jos mentioned the word u23 u23 u23 so much before season finished and why dawson played the last 3 games because he was seeing if dawson is good enough to play as either our no1 or no2 keeper a test what he passed . 

Common knowledge and predictions without evidence to back it up are merely guesswork. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Rarely fit ..sum body post his wednesday stats pleez :picnic:..as for Lichfield I Wundt know..but strange things happen :ph34r:

2014/15 - 43 games

2015/16 - 34 games + 3 play off matches

2016/17 - 43 games + 2 play off matches

2017/18 - 13 games

Source Wiki.

Just now, Utah Owl said:

2014/15 - 43 games

2017/18 - 13 games

Source Wiki.

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

2014/15 - 43 games

2017/18 - 13 games

Source Wiki.

Cheers...we might as well call him sicknote...

• Haha 1