Westwood Going

I like Westwood and don’t want to lose him. However if there is a big deal on the table for him, he’s probably the one you would sell. Cannot sell Ff, Bannan or Lees. 

If financially possible, I would keep him and loan Wildsmith out and have Dawson as back up. We need to get promoted next season and we have a better chance with him as number one. 

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

It is easy to say we should keep him as he is our best keeper but who knows how many games he will be fit for next season. If it is the same as last season then we would be wasting a considerable amount of money which we probably can’t afford to do.

He is fragile for a keeper, I think that is obvious.

It is a tough decision but if it makes sense financially then I for one wouldn’t criticise the club if it turns out he does well elsewhere.

I can imagine Leeds would fancy him.

That plonker Heckingbottom was trying to get the board at leeds to agree to sign that Yiadom fella,and i very much doubt they'd agree to him wanting Westwood..........................just my two penneth.

Will be sad to see him go but we picked up 20 points from the last 10 games without him. Dawson and Wildsmith have the potential to do the job for us.

They will make mistakes but so do all 'keepers including Westwood.

Jos wants a younger fitter squad, Westwood hasn't played under him. It would make sense under FFP to offload one of the bigger earners and get a few quid to invest elsewhere in the squad.

Edited by andytrig

33 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Wow,so Venancio didn't get paid,what a guy,playing for free.

You don't know what the wages were for Butterfield or winnall.

Of course you did,why wouldn't ya !

winnall is on 18k butterfield is on crazy money at derby way more than winnalls , clearly we didn't pay derby 15k a week plus winnall to get butterfield, was clearly a loan swap ,a totally stupid and crazy swap but your m8 carlos well he did stupid things that's why we wont be spending ,apart from money we get from any  sales . 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

winnall is on 18k butterfield is on crazy money at derby way more than winnalls , clearly we didn't pay derby 15k a week plus winnall to get butterfield, was clearly a loan swap ,a totally stupid and crazy swap but your m8 carlos well he did stupid things that's why we wont be spending ,apart from money we get from any  sales . 

A kid never tried in the Championship showed Butterfield how to play for a few games last season.

I can't understand from what I see why Butterfield would be on that kind of a wage.

1 hour ago, Ballmeist said:

Apparently being moved on in the summer and has already said his goodbyes to the playing staff. 

Heard from a friend who has who knows someone in the first team squad.

Before anyone has a pop about it being made up - I’m just sharing what I’ve heard from what has previously been a pretty reliable source, and secondly I don’t benefit from making stuff up!

thoughts if true? 

Heard it from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from a friend  you know fizz all

I think most fans know it's time to get shot if we can.    Dawson and Wildsmith have proven they are good enough and can still improve.

That's a hard thing to say, Westwood is a brilliant keeper - on his day the best in this division and good enough for the Premier.  

We have not got a cat in hells chance of selling him right now though, played sod all games last season and when he did he was not up to what we know he can be.

I think the only chance we have is that some lower Prem side want him as backup.

5 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Can you provide evidence for all these claims you make, you seem to be very well informed.  

29 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Plus Keane

kean I forgot about him another 1 of Carlos's great signings.  though I can imagine his wages would have been very low ,probably well under 5k a week so doubt we will be getting a championship quality player with the wages saved on kean leaving . I reckon with Wallace,loovens ,kean we ,might have 30-35k a week available for wages this summer,that would increase be appx 25k if westwood departs , fans need to realise that we wont be able to compete this summer with big clubs for signings ,whoever we get needs to work and stay fit ,unlike most of the carlos signings . I'm just been realistic .

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Can you provide evidence for all these claims you make, you seem to be very well informed.  

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

well seen that your Watson I'm holmes . lol 

Wildsmith had a hard learning curve.

I'd cut him some slack despite the things he does wrong - mainly on crosses.   He was improving a lot on crosses in his last few games before Dawson was given the gloves for the last few games.

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

Ya see,there ya go again,don't care how many times ya say it,you do not know how much any one player at swfc earns,ya can say ya do,ya can guess,just like everyone seems to,but ya don't.

A classic example of yours was to say just the other day that one of our players earns four times as much as nuhiu,ya guessing fella.

And again with the "we won't be spending".....................why do ya persist,its about as factual as that mrmason 69 posting the inane made up cack he does.

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ya see,there ya go again,don't care how many times ya say it,you do not know how much any one player at swfc earns,ya can say ya do,ya can guess,just like everyone seems to,but ya don't.

A classic example of yours was to say just the other day that one of our players earns four times as much as nuhiu,ya guessing fella.

And again with the "we won't be spending".....................why do ya persist,its about as factual as that mrmason 69 posting the inane made up cack he does.

It was quoted on radio Sheffield Winnall was on 5k a week at Barnsley and singed a 16k a week with us