George Hirst

Regardless of what the offer was, it is for a player who has yet to make a breakthrough into the first team.

Does anyone for a moment think that if GH were to make that breakthrough that there wouldn't be a very generous contract on the table toute d'suite?

Also does anyone for a single moment think that the only reason for all this fuss (dozens of threads  and hundreds of pages) is simply down to his last name? Where's the fuss over Clare in comparison?

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

They've both been offered deals, they'll come a time when these deals will get withdrawn if they don't sign em or they sign for another club.

30th June would be my deadline.

Clare can't have a medical anywhere including us! His leg is in a pot! 

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Regardless of what the offer was, it is for a player who has yet to make a breakthrough into the first team.

Does anyone for a moment think that if GH were to make that breakthrough that there wouldn't be a very generous contract on the table toute d'suite?

Also does anyone for a single moment think that the only reason for all this fuss (dozens of threads  and hundreds of pages) is simply down to his last name? Where's the fuss over Clare in comparison?

Exactly. He could have signed for the offer now, and got a stipulation in the contract that after he's broken into the side and played 10 or 20 first team games, it goes up to what he wanted in the first place. 

But no hes after a big pay day, so I say see ya later daft lad.

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Exactly. He could have signed for the offer now, and got a stipulation in the contract that after he's broken into the side and played 10 or 20 first team games, it goes up to what he wanted in the first place. 

But no hes after a big pay day, so I say see ya later daft lad.

But its already been WELL ESTABLISHED moneys not the issue,its the clauses in his contract.

Do keep up

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

But its already been WELL ESTABLISHED moneys not the issue,its the clauses in his contract.

Do keep up

Not sure it has been well established at all. Do you think money and contract clauses aren't one and the same in football contracts? Most of the time they usually are. Everything in a footy deal is about money.

Unless this is new information from the last month or so then I've not heard it. Got bored of this a long time ago.

35 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not sure it has been well established at all. Do you think money and contract clauses aren't one and the same in football contracts? Most of the time they usually are. Everything in a footy deal is about money.

Unless this is new information from the last month or so then I've not heard it. Got bored of this a long time ago.

Well clauses can be quite restrictive as well pal,think a bit wider,hes well chuffed with his pay rise,hes an Owl,but.... hes got to make a living from what maybe a short term career,have a think bruv.

CLUE.....The answer is on the various GH threads on here.

FFS cant u feckers read

Edited by legendaryswan

8 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Well clauses can be quite restrictive as well pal,think a bit wider,hes well chuffed with his pay rise,hes an Owl,but.... hes got to make a living from what maybe a short term career,have a think bruv.

CLUE.....The answer is on the various GH threads on here.

FFS cant u feckers read

Yes but at our age a lot of us can't remember!

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

I think it’s the potential the lad has, think a lot of people are worried he could become a player similar to his dad at another club, but I agree if his surname wasn’t Hirst I very much doubt there would be as much fuss. Clare on the other hand has showed he can play at this level, against Villa and Derby he was one of the stand out players, and they are two of the best teams in the league. If I had to choose I think I’d rather Clare sign a new contract, But if Hirst did sign I would be over the moon and I think Jos would give him a chance in the first team, unfortunately I think they’ve both already made there decision 

20 hours ago, Arnold said:

After seeing Jos start to play some of the youngsters, he may fancy his chances here.

That will have zero baring, the reason he's not signing a new contract is purely financial. He knows he can go and sign for a Premier League club, on a contract that a Championship club  just can't offer to an 18/19 year old kid, and will set him up for life so you can't really blame him. Short career. 

Guest Arnold
12 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

That will have zero baring, the reason he's not signing a new contract is purely financial. He knows he can go and sign for a Premier League club, on a contract that a Championship club  just can't offer to an 18/19 year old kid, and will set him up for life so you can't really blame him. Short career. 

No I wouldn't blame him either.