George Hirst

My understanding, for a long tme, has been that George wants to play for Wednesday. All problems started when his Dad pished off Mr C.

That came from a friend, at Christmas, whose son is mates with George, has been a long time, as they played in the same team together as kids, and have grown up together.

14 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

My understanding, for a long tme, has been that George wants to play for Wednesday. All problems started when his Dad pished off Mr C.

That came from a friend, at Christmas, whose son is mates with George, has been a long time, as they played in the same team together as kids, and have grown up together.

I was told by somebody over a year ago that GH would leave Wednesday - he is very ITK about players generally but we were just talking about players and coincidentally he mentioned that there was a kid at Wednesday who a few clubs were looking at and he would not stay where he was - the guy didn't know i was a wednesday fan

I didn't say anything because i wasn't sure how solid the info was - i'm still not but this was waaaay before the contract issues and refusal to sign etc

4 minutes ago, scram said:

I was told by somebody over a year ago that GH would leave Wednesday - he is very ITK about players generally but we were just talking about players and coincidentally he mentioned that there was a kid at Wednesday who a few clubs were looking at and he would not stay where he was - the guy didn't know i was a wednesday fan

I didn't say anything because i wasn't sure how solid the info was - i'm still not but this was waaaay before the contract issues and refusal to sign etc

Would that have been when Leicester came sniffing Scram?

Before there was any hint of this saga being played out - before any supposed bids came in for him and before any leaks about any unrest or unhappiness - middle of the previous season 

I know that the guy knows his stuff - but didn't know how solid this info was

• Like 1

On 18/05/2018 at 20:48, Utah Owl said:

Also does anyone for a single moment think that the only reason for all this fuss (dozens of threads  and hundreds of pages) is simply down to his last name? Where's the fuss over Clare in comparison?

Completely agree!

no player should be bigger than the club no matter who their dad is.

39 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

This is my understanding as well. A few of the younger lads were really fed up about 18 months ago with the club behind the scenes. Nothing to do with contracts but I never got to the bottom of what it was (i was just getting feedback from a couple of their mates). All have now signed (and whatever it was seems to be resolved) except George so maybe his dad’s argument created extra tension for him.  From what I was told he had plenty of other idiots giving him ‘advice’ so I don’t think it’s just his dad that keeps turning his head. 

I'm by no means ITK or know anything or or anyone who is but I'm growing more confident by the day that he'll re-sign with us purely because he'll have seen and heard Jos talking about giving youth a chance and the transfer window is now open so if he'd have signed somewhere they'd have announced it, 

A lot of this discussion mixes up the question of whether he should be in the first team squad, and wages. I imagine in the end it's money that will drive this. Be odd if not. Therefore if rumours of big club interest are true he will go. Whether he is now good enough to challenge for a first team place with us who can say?  None of us. But quite simply it seems to be moot.

I will repeat this AGAIN. I was told, in answer to a direct question to DAVID HIRST, and in front of ten people, that George would not be signing for Wednesday 'If I have anything to do with it!' This was before Doyen appeared on the screen. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Interesting that he hasn't been signed by anyone yet after all its not a secret that he wants out,I wonder why

Because his contract hasn't expired yet. 

16 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Interesting that he hasn't been signed by anyone yet after all its not a secret that he wants out,I wonder why

Agents and advisors will have been talking to other clubs for months touting him about. Soon as the expiry date arrives there'll be a screech of tyres and he'll be off somewhere.

8 minutes ago, timrud said:

Hardly anybody wants him to stay now

Really?  I’d like us to sign him and see him silence all the idiot ‘advisers’ and fight for a first team place.  If Jos is building a young team to fight for promotion we need the best young talent available.  From what I’m told he’s a decent young lad who’s been advised by pack of parasites.