Nuhiu felt unloved

I'd never abuse a player but Nuhiu got it because he's been mostly garbage for 4 years. 3 months ago there was not a single person who would have fought to have him offered a new contract. 

Very pleased to see him playing so well and if this is going to continue into next season he absolutely deserves to stay. 

But come on Dave. Grow a pair lad.

1 minute ago, poite said:

I'd never abuse a player but Nuhiu got it because he's been mostly garbage for 4 years. 3 months ago there was not a single person who would have fought to have him offered a new contract. 

Very pleased to see him playing so well and if this is going to continue into next season he absolutely deserves to stay. 

But come on Dave. Grow a pair lad.

I agree with what you say.

He's in the driving seat now though.

Most of the abuse of Atdhe has come about through the complete and utterly useless type of football he has been asked to play under Carlos. In addition, after playing some of his best games, he found himself dropped or benched  for the next game. It is only after the arrival of Jos, and the decision to play to his strengths not his weaknesses

A lot of us have been secret admirers of him. I know the abuse he has had to suffer, and I would not blame him were he to leave us, although I hope NOT..

I hope he signs, he's got more talent than he's given credit for, but lets not lose sight of what its about.

Anniversary year, been a f.ookin' shambles, still 28k turn up to watch a mean nowt match, against a team we have hardly got a flyin' f.ook for...no offense to Norwich, no doubt they feel the same about us.

Then out they trot, wife an' kids in tow, taking plaudits for pap..Loovens and Wallace..fair enough, nice touch and I fully appreciate their commitment and what they brought to the club...

But adthe..Honestly..................... "I feel unloved".....................really?

Well Adthe let me tell you what we f.ookin' feel like...

150th year..can't even give us the stripes, can't even get into the play offs, get stuffed at home by United, sack the f.ookin' manager, players who can't raise a trot without cracking a rib, cruciate, achilles whateverthef.ook!

Players taking a wage without any intention of giving owt back?, and Owls fans sat at home cos they can't ante up the prices.....

Yea its heartbreaking isn't it?

If I had been able to have my way...The players (apart from loovens and wallace) would have peopled the stands post match and clapped the f.ookin' fans as they trotted round the pitch

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not surprised. 

Even yesterday when he had two goals there was a moment in the second half where he attempted a ball out wide to Reach which got cut out and there were plenty of audible groans.

Some folks just have to have someone to moan at. They have to moan and groan and eff and blind at don't they.

The bigman is an easy target.  He could score 30 goals and be player of the year. He'd still have folks moaning if he under hit a lay off. 

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I agree with what you say.

He's in the driving seat now though.

Absolutely. 

They'll be quite a few clubs interested in him. 

Available on a free, has finished the season on fire and is 28 years of age (so hitting his peak). 

He can start games and is great a Plan-B if things aren't working out. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not surprised. 

Even yesterday when he had two goals there was a moment in the second half where he attempted a ball out wide to Reach which got cut out and there were plenty of audible groans.

Some folks just have to have someone to moan at. They have to moan and groan and eff and blind at. 

The bigman is an easy target.  He could score 30 goals and be player of the year. He'd still have folks moaning if he under hit under hits lay off. 

Its groans cos of a misplaced pass Snoots..Its like a cheer for a one/two, or a good pass down the line..Its not a bloody declaration of "I don't love Adthe"...

• Haha 1

If he goes it will be a real shame and typical after he finds some consistency.

But in that event, the positive is that we have a fair few strikers and we need to move some on and freshen things up. So that would be a decision made for us. 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Its groans cos of a misplaced pass Snoots..Its like a cheer for a one/two, or a good pass down the line..Its not a bloody declaration of "I don't love Adthe"...

There groans and then there's the absolute berk I had to sit in front of when we played Reading a few weeks ago. 

Such was his dislike of Nuhiu, he believed he should have been sent off for "cheating" when the Reading player kicked him. 

Admittedly, this guy may have been the stupidest fan I've ever had the misfortune of sitting next to, but still. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Most of the abuse of Atdhe has come about through the complete and utterly useless type of football he has been asked to play under Carlos. In addition, after playing some of his best games, he found himself dropped or benched  for the next game. It is only after the arrival of Jos, and the decision to play to his strengths not his weaknesses

A lot of us have been secret admirers of him. I know the abuse he has had to suffer, and I would not blame him were he to leave us, although I hope NOT..

It also helped that all the strikers were either injured or out of form it was more through necessity than anything else. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

There groans and then there's the absolute berk I had to sit in front of when we played Reading a few weeks ago. 

Such was his dislike of Nuhiu, he believed he should have been sent off for "cheating" when the Reading player kicked him. 

Admittedly, this guy may have been the stupidest fan I've ever had the misfortune of sitting next to, but still. 

I know mate.We all have one sat near us, but the vast majority are heard, and its simply a groan of disappointment...its not a bloody character assasination....

We had one behind us two years ago who thought Liam Palmer was LLoyd Owusu all season....You can't do owt about it

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

That's true enough.

A Fernando or Hutchinson  pass similarly  doesn't quite make its man though and there's either respectful quiet or applause for the good intention .

That's the difference. 

Always will be .

I'm sure he knows that though. 

Hes had dogs abuse off sections of ‘supporters’ who couldn’t see his ability and judged him as nothing more than a big lad.

Such a shame as we’ve had some players over the years who haven’t given us 100% effort and they’ve had nowhere near the abuse he’s had. I’m so pleased he’s shoving their ill judged vocal abuse back down their throats with every goal he smashes in.

Keep going Atdhe, there’s a less vocal minority who have the football acumen and understanding to appreciate you as a footballer.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

That's true enough.

A Fernando or Hutchinson  pass similarly  doesn't quite make its man though and there's either respectful quiet or applause for the good intention .

That's the difference. 

Always will be .

I'm sure he knows that though. 

If you want abuse..you ought to have been sat with me after my

"Where the f.ook is Butterfield?"... comment yesterday.

.....thought I was gonna get lynched, humourless f.ooks...includin' me son!!!

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Was it Ian? lol

• Haha 1