Nuhiu felt unloved

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

The whole ground more or less singing his name should give him a hint....

I haven't really got time for self pity, the players are paid top do a job, much like the rest of us......

I always was amongst those who thought he did a job, even when not hitting the target, but fans are allowed their opinion, and from my recollection on here, it was more "opinion" than it was abuse.

Folk are paying up to £40 to watch the team, its gonna cause a few outbursts isn't it?

Agree with this. Before this season I wonder how many fans would have wanted him to stay on? I’m guessing not many, myself included. I wasn’t impressed by him when I saw him. The fact he was a bit part player and never got any continuity or confidence will no doubts have played a large part in that. In the second half of the season he’s been superb and he’s changed my opinion and I would like him to stay on now but don’t think that will happen now after listening to that interview.

30 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

The only players who deserve abuse who those who clearly don’t put the required effort in, Bothroyd I’m looking in your direction. Nuhiu fights for everything, if only the likes of Butterfield and Fox could do similar you might have a couple of decent footballers there.

Which brings me around to Ashley Westwood. 

Westwood was a 4th division standard defender who because of our circumstances at the time found himself playing for Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship.

Westwood wasn't good enough. He was a below standard centre half who often found himself put of position at right back.

He wasn't very good. He worked his socks off. Bist his balls. Would leave the pitch shirt drenched in sweat having given it absolutely everything in his locker.

But. ..he just wasn't good enough.

We knew it.

He knew it. 

And yet he was unmercifully hammered.

The blatantly obvious pointed out to the lad every time he got the ball. When his name was read out. The lot.

And yet. 

And yet. ..

In that same team. On that same pitch...we're players on £15,000 a week.

Massive money in those days.

Players with International caps. 

Stood about on the half way line, hands on his and not trying a leg for Sheffield Wednesday football club. 

Scot free. No abuse. No deafening silence when their names were read out. No groans or shouts "your flipping wànk, fizz off!" When they misplaced a pass or neshed a header. 

Some of them were even idolised.

Westwood was poor. He'd make my worst XI. 

But I never booed the lad because I knew he was doing his best for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.  It wasn't good enough. But it was the best he had to give. 

Some will applaud mercenary shìthouses because they're names. 

Nothing changes. 

There's a lot of short sighted people put there. A lot of angry people.

Sad people.  People who can't see deeper that a first glance through a drunken haze. People who hate their boss and have to take it out on the wife.  There's people who threaten to burn the homeless sat in a doorway if they're "there when I come back". 

Angry. Idiotic people for who the world is black or white. And no shade in between.  

Every club has them.

The irony is.  Adthe Nuhiu isn't a shìt player like many who get abuse 

He's a very good one. He's never been a goalscorer but is a forward,  so that's cart blanche for the oxygen starved brains of some to dig him out.

If he was midfield player he not have taken as much abuse. He might he a hero. But someone else would take the ire of the knumbnutted.

Maybe Fox. Or Hunt. Who knows.

There's always one. Always one who has to be a target. 

Doesn't matter if they do their best.  Doesn't matter if they're good or bad.

People make their mind up.  And in their lives , someone has to take the flak. Someone has to be on the end of the screams and effing and jeffing. The exultant cries of the sad, angry drunk and footballing blind. 

It gets the hate of their wives, their bosses, their lives out of their systems. 

If Adthe leaves. ..it'll only be someone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Sheridan was very popular. The reason why he sometimes got booed was because he was sometimes seen out on the p155 the night before a match. I think the Oxford game he was spotted at pine grove country club. Of course without the internet it was all word of mouth. After the match he was surprised as he had not been booed before (he said ) although you clearly know better - and it gave him a kick up the arse 3 weeks before the cup final. So you are right sometimes fans criticism is what is needed. Oh hang on.........

I'm not saying it's right. You may have misunderstood. 

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I haven't really got time for self pity, the players are paid top do a job, much like the rest of us......

I always was amongst those who thought he did a job, even when not hitting the target, but fans are allowed their opinion, and from my recollection on here, it was more "opinion" than it was abuse.

Folk are paying up to £40 to watch the team, its gonna cause a few outbursts isn't it?

Everyone is entitled to their "opinion"

But there is a huge difference between expressing an opinion and hurling personal abuse.

Those responsible for that abuse should hang their heads in shame !

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Hmmm. I’ve heard people around me dish out proper abuse towards Nuhiu even during this recent purple patch of his. It’s only been the last couple of games that the abuse has stopped. 

31 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Which brings me around to Ashley Westwood. 

Westwood was a 4th division standard defender who because of our circumstances at the time found himself playing for Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship.

Westwood wasn't good enough. He was a below standard centre half who often found himself put of position at right back.

He wasn't very good. He worked his socks off. Bist his balls. Would leave the pitch shirt drenched in sweat having given it absolutely everything in his locker.

But. ..he just wasn't good enough.

We knew it.

He knew it. 

And yet he was unmercifully hammered.

The blatantly obvious pointed out to the lad every time he got the ball. When his name was read out. The lot.

And yet. 

And yet. ..

In that same team. On that same pitch...we're players on £15,000 a week.

Massive money in those days.

Players with International caps. 

Stood about on the half way line, hands on his and not trying a leg for Sheffield Wednesday football club. 

Scot free. No abuse. No deafening silence when their names were read out. No groans or shouts "your flipping wànk, fizz off!" When they misplaced a pass or neshed a header. 

Some of them were even idolised.

Westwood was poor. He'd make my worst XI. 

But I never booed the lad because I knew he was doing his best for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.  It wasn't good enough. But it was the best he had to give. 

Some will applaud mercenary shìthouses because they're names. 

Nothing changes. 

There's a lot of short sighted people put there. A lot of angry people.

Sad people.  People who can't see deeper that a first glance through a drunken haze. People who hate their boss and have to take it out on the wife.  There's people who threaten to burn the homeless sat in a doorway if they're "there when I come back". 

Angry. Idiotic people for who the world is black or white. And no shade in between.  

Every club has them.

The irony is.  Adthe Nuhiu isn't a shìt player like many who get abuse 

He's a very good one. He's never been a goalscorer but is a forward,  so that's cart blanche for the oxygen starved brains of some to dig him out.

If he was midfield player he not have taken as much abuse. He might he a hero. But someone else would take the ire of the knumbnutted.

Maybe Fox. Or Hunt. Who knows.

There's always one. Always one who has to be a target. 

Doesn't matter if they do their best.  Doesn't matter if they're good or bad.

People make their mind up.  And in their lives , someone has to take the flak. Someone has to be on the end of the screams and effing and jeffing. The exultant cries of the sad, angry drunk and footballing blind. 

It gets the hate of their wives, their bosses, their lives out of their systems. 

If Adthe leaves. ..it'll only be someone else. 

This post deserves a better reply than to what i'm about to give it.

However Westwood was one example.

There was another, I forget his name - a right back who'd been playing non league I think but had been with Tottenham?   

Around the same time, if not exactly at the same time?

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

This post deserves a better reply than to what i'm about to give it.

However Westwood was one example.

There was another, I forget his name - a right back who'd been playing non league I think but had been with Tottenham?   

Around the same time, if not exactly at the same time?

Hendon 

1 minute ago, modboy said:

It would be great if he re-signs but if not I'd like to see mcburnie from Swansea

Nah. 

That whole socks down by his ankles nonsense is an instant no, no for me. 

Abuse of players has always been there. First I remember getting stick was Porterfield. After that Bolder,  Zico, Chris Morris, Shez - for one game - Brunt etc. Sometimes the slagging was pretty brief.  Sometimes it was good players who got grief. 

I wouldn’t blame Nuhui if he left. He’s looked like a limited player at times but always given 100 per cent. Getting abuse off your own fans must be pretty annoying.

Guest Jack the Hat
40 minutes ago, Cockers said:

I'm not saying it's right. You may have misunderstood. 

You've misunderstood . I am saying that sometimes criticising is necessary