Nuhiu felt unloved

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
44 minutes ago, poite said:

I'd never abuse a player but Nuhiu got it because he's been mostly garbage for 4 years. 3 months ago there was not a single person who would have fought to have him offered a new contract. 

Very pleased to see him playing so well and if this is going to continue into next season he absolutely deserves to stay. 

But come on Dave. Grow a pair lad.

Many have argued the opposite of this persistently. Yes he's improved a lot under Jos but IMO he's not been anything like garbage for the last 4 years.

Well was not expecting that, a few truths aired is not always the best way to endear yourself to other people, he has to realise that under Carlos he was not 

first choice, and to be fair has taken his opportunity all guns blazing, but (always a but) if we had not the injuries to most of our strikers would he have got 

the same game time.

Think he needs to put things into perspective, there will always be fans criticising players, some unjust, sometimes fair.

From what he said, I dont think he will be here next year.

Edited by daleblue

By sounds of how he answered those questions I’d say he’s probably off. Or at least waiting to see what other offers are on the table, can’t blame him tbf. I can’t say I’d be too fussed if he stays or goes, he’s replaceable and hasn’t been consistent enough under a number of managers not just Carlos. 

However, if he can carry this form into the new season then credit to him and Jos. 

Edited by robowl4life

58 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The whole ground more or less singing his name should give him a hint....

I haven't really got time for self pity, the players are paid top do a job, much like the rest of us......

I always was amongst those who thought he did a job, even when not hitting the target, but fans are allowed their opinion, and from my recollection on here, it was more "opinion" than it was abuse.

Folk are paying up to £40 to watch the team, its gonna cause a few outbursts isn't it?

Outbursts I understand saying that's rubbish Nuhiu if he misses a simple chance etc but I've heard people shouting at him calling him a cheeky monkey and telling him to fizz off which is embarrassing especially when the fans would poo themself if Adthe came over to have a "chat".

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

By sounds of how he answered those questions I’d say he’s probably off. Or at least waiting to see what other offers are on the table, can’t blame him tbf. I can’t say I’d be too fussed if he stays or goes, he’s replaceable and hasn’t been consistent enough under a number of managers not just Carlos. 

However, if he can carry this form into the new season then credit to him and Jos. 

IMO he'd be a massive loss if he goes. We probably don't have the finances to replace him with someone of equivalent quality. Losing him without a compensatory fee would be a real setback IMO.

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Outbursts I understand saying that's rubbish Nuhiu if he misses a simple chance etc but I've heard people shouting at him calling him a cheeky monkey and telling him to fizz off which is embarrassing especially when the fans would poo themself if Adthe came over to have a "chat".

Iveheard folk shoutin' the same stuff at Hirst, waddle  etc...it always happens...although "Cheeky Monkey" is a bit f.ookin' strong.............

• Haha 7

As a back up striker, behind Hooper, Joao & FF, he's a keeper.

It makes no sense to persist with Rhodes, and there are question marks about  Winnall. 

Jos seems to got a bit more out of The Big Man, so why go looking for something new that might be another flop.

If he's going to invest in the squad, I hope we get the Lacey right sided midfielder we've needed for donkeys years.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

As a back up striker, behind Hooper, Joao & FF, he's a keeper.

It makes no sense to persist with Rhodes, and there are question marks about  Winnall. 

Jos seems to got a bit more out of The Big Man, so why go looking for something new that might be another flop.

If he's going to invest in the squad, I hope we get the Lacey right sided midfielder we've needed for donkeys years.

As things stand, FF and Nuhiu would likely be first pick.

Not being funny but prior to the last 20 games (whatever the reason be) Nuhui has not performed consistently well. Whilst I disagree with some of the stick he got, as I admire him as a person and a player, you can understand people’s criticism. I think as a player he should acknowledge that he’s not been at his best previously (as the last 20 games have showed). Thus, I think he could have been a bit more humble about it all. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

There's constructive criticism of a players and there's outright abuse. 

Unfortunately, Adthe has received a bit too much of the latter from some fans over the years. 

He seems like a pretty intelligent guy and no doubt some of the abuse has stung him. 

I hope he stays, but wouldn't begrudge him if he thinks it's time to move on.

Think he'd be a loss on and off the pitch. 

Never been a fan but I believe he’s earnt a new deal, but he’s had 1 decent half a season out of all the time he’s been here. Some of our fan base are shocking for giving vitriolic abuse which will play on a players mind. 

From what Alan Biggs says he thinks he will stay but the question is how long is the deal that’s been offered? I don’t think a year offers the player or the club any benefit so will be interesting to see.  

I'll never understand fans getting on the backs of their own players, especially during matches. It really is completely and utterly stupid and counterproductive.

Hope the big guy stays, as I love him, but won't hold it against him if he goes.

13 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

IMO he'd be a massive loss if he goes. We probably don't have the finances to replace him with someone of equivalent quality. Losing him without a compensatory fee would be a real setback IMO.

Lets not be over dramatic here, FF would be a massive loss but the big man is replaceable. We will spend some coin this summer where it’s needed. We’ve released a few players such as Loovens and Wallace who are no longer on the wage bill. 

Also, let’s not forget he’s been here 5 years or so and only banged in 30 odd goals. Blame managers all you want, but it hasn’t been just Carlos who he hasn’t performed for. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Lets not be over dramatic here, FF would be a massive loss but the big man is replaceable. We will spend some coin this summer where it’s needed. We’ve released a few players such as Loovens and Wallace who are no longer on the wage bill. 

Also, let’s not forget he’s been here 5 years or so and only banged in 30 odd goals. Blame managers all you want, but it hasn’t been just Carlos who he hasn’t performed for. 

Not being over dramatic. We'd get a big fee for FF because he's contracted. We'd get zero for our top scorer this season (for the second time) who has also probably been our best player under Jos. He might be replaceable but that would cost the kind of money that we possibly can't afford taking FFP into account.

It's the now that matters not what previous managers could or couldn't get out of him too.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

This is all a bit dramatic and a bit of a false argument.

Reason being is that whoever he moves to would only result in getting abused from the next group of unthinking Neanderthals.

He’ll sign. He wants three years and we’ve offered two.

The whole thing is doing my nut in..

Theres a reason he got criticism from fans..the reasons are legion....

Some fans have seen Hirst, waddle, Di Canio, Degryse, Bright, williams, Nillsonn, Sterland, Mother fookin' Turton  , Fantham etc etc etc..Thats their yardstick..so they get p*ssed off when others don't reach it...In truth, some of them don't want 'em to reach it, cos it dilutes their memories.

Ive heard the odd fan shout abuse, but Ive heard the odd fan slag off the aforementioned (Apart from Mother fookin' Turton)..its football, it happens

I can not remember any orchestrated abuse against Nuhiu....

There may have been some on here, but FFS!..are you gonna take any notice of what gets posted on a forum?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

This is all a bit dramatic and a bit of a false argument.

Reason being is that whoever he moves to would only result in getting abused from the next group of unthinking Neanderthals.

He’ll sign. He wants three years and we’ve offered two.

Hope you're proved right.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The whole thing is doing my nut in..

Theres a reason he got criticism from fans..the reasons are legion....

Some fans have seen Hirst, waddle, Di Canio, Degryse, Bright, williams, Nillsonn, Sterland, Mother fookin' Turton  , Fantham etc etc etc..Thats their yardstick..so they get p*ssed off when others don't reach it...In truth, some of them don't want 'em to reach it, cos it dilutes their memories.

Ive heard the odd fan shout abuse, but Ive heard the odd fan slag off the aforementioned (Apart from Mother fookin' Turton)..its football, it happens

I can not remember any orchestrated abuse against Nuhiu....

There may have been some on here, but FFS!..are you gonna take any notice of what gets posted on a forum?

Agree with you the abuse has been at it's worst on here rather than in the real world. It has been way OTT though which was always my issue.

Agree though; it really shouldn't affect his decision.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

There groans and then there's the absolute berk I had to sit in front of when we played Reading a few weeks ago. 

Such was his dislike of Nuhiu, he believed he should have been sent off for "cheating" when the Reading player kicked him. 

Admittedly, this guy may have been the stupidest fan I've ever had the misfortune of sitting next to, but still. 

Sometimes I wish that we could transfer fans instead of players.