Nuhiu felt unloved

I think this might be one of the factors of him staying or not... 

Fans really have got on his back at times, maybe he's finally had enough... he might want a change.

But hopefully he does genuinely wants to stay and can see past the negativity in the past.

Would really like him to sign a new deal, really showed what he's made of under Jos. 

It’s a tough one for him 

He’s in the form of his life, does he gamble and go for more money elsewhere?  he may not repeat this form next season so might be best for him to strike whilst the iron is hot 

If I was him I’d go, especially after all the abuse he’s received 

Edited by FreshOwl

Really hope Nuhiu signs a new contract.  

Easily one of my favourite players at the club. 

I would understand if Atdhe did decide to leave us, especially considering all the hate he's had to put up with over the years.   

Hopefully DC will offer him a top contract that will convince him to stay.  

There's constructive criticism of a players and there's outright abuse. 

Unfortunately, Adthe has received a bit too much of the latter from some fans over the years. 

He seems like a pretty intelligent guy and no doubt some of the abuse has stung him. 

I hope he stays, but wouldn't begrudge him if he thinks it's time to move on.

Think he'd be a loss on and off the pitch. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately we have a boo boy element at the club.  Chris Brunt used to suffer it.  Adam Reach did and he's now player of the season.   Leon Clarke did and he was Championship top scorer for much of this season.

Even Carlton Palmer and Lee Chapman attracted ridiculous criticism.

Shame if Atdhe goes but I wouldn't blame him.   

If he went to another club in this country then he'd probably be back at square one regarding the fans not understanding him, leading to abuse.

At least here we're now all used to his strengths and weaknesses. The fans are way more patient with him now than they were a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

Unfortunately we have a boo boy element at the club.  Chris Brunt used to suffer it.  Adam Reach did and he's now player of the season.   Leon Clarke did and he was Championship top scorer for much of this season.

Even Carlton Palmer and Lee Chapman attracted ridiculous criticism.

Shame if Atdhe goes but I wouldn't blame him.   

Can throw in Whelan too. 

Had a poor second season (on promotion) and was deemed not good enough. 

Same old and I don't think Wednesday are unique in having it. 

Unfortunately, the old "I've paid my money and so am entitled to my views" extends to directing abuse too. 

The one saving grace for us in this might be the way it has fallen into place for him under Jos. Football isn't just about having the ability it's about how all the pieces fit together and right now for Adthe everything is in the right place. For that reason I think he'll stay, but if you'd asked me a few months ago I'd have said he'd definitely go.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Can throw in Whelan too. 

Had a poor second season (on promotion) and was deemed not good enough. 

Same old and I don't think Wednesday are unique in having it. 

Unfortunately, the old "I've paid my money and so am entitled to my views" extends to directing abuse too. 

Then went on to become Stoke's leading ever international cap winner!

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Then went on to become Stoke's leading ever international cap winner!

Yep. 

Had a brilliant second season in the Championship and got his move to Stoke. 

17 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

I hope the thick fans now realise there abuse and wee wee taking doe's make a difference.

I've heard some village idiots calling Nuhiu everything under the son in the past.

Same

We used to get em signing up to Owlstalk specifically to hurl abuse at anyone on here defending him or asking people to wait and see what Jos could get out of him

utter madness that our own fans would do that to their own fellow fans about our own players 

Owlstalk Shop

The whole ground more or less singing his name should give him a hint....

I haven't really got time for self pity, the players are paid top do a job, much like the rest of us......

I always was amongst those who thought he did a job, even when not hitting the target, but fans are allowed their opinion, and from my recollection on here, it was more "opinion" than it was abuse.

Folk are paying up to £40 to watch the team, its gonna cause a few outbursts isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1