Rate the season

1 hour ago, Watson said:

If Jos doesn't get us into the playoff at least, he will be hounded out of the club.  Fans nowadays are not prepared for a club to be built they want instant results and will turn against the incumbent at the drop of a hat.

Disagree totally 

Fans want to see progression. If the same mistakes are being made over and over again then supporters will rightly get annoyed 

If supporters see improvement they will back it 

I’m not going to rate it. I can’t, too complicated. 

I feel better at the end of this season compared to the end of last season though. We have a better spirit and the feeling around the club is one of relief that the season is over, and quiet optimism that next season is going to be a memorable one for the right reasons. 

Oh go on then, 6. 

I would say a 5/10 for this season.

Below 5 for not letting Carlos go at the end of last season, and then after that, because he stayed, we had the injury crisis, and the awful form that came with that.......

But, above 5 for DC setting on Jos, and finally we look like a team that can do something again.... All averaging out at 5 ish.

It's been a hard lesson this season, but one I think DC has learned from, and I honestly think we'll do much better next season.

This is a tough one. Any season where we finish below dirty Leeds and Yoonited isn't one to shout about(especially one where your rivals humiliate you on national television and score 4 goals at your ground for the first time ever). Yet we had excessive injury issues and it was inevitable there would be a big hangover after the play off defeat (what was not inevitable was how spectacularly Carlos was revealed to be the naked emperor). 

Under Carlos 2/10

Under Jos  7/10 (possibly inflated by seeing Adthe get a hattrick and the fact it is sunny outside today).

So overall 3/10   - very poor year but more optimistic than I was at the end of last season

On the whole disappointing so a 3/10 but there have been some promising signs, some of the squad players have really stepped it up, and it's allowed players like Lucas Joao who wasn't getting an opportunity before to show how good he really is. Some talented young players breaking into the first team this season and getting some decent minutes under their belts, Wildsmith, Dawson, Thorniley, Clare and adding Baker into that recently. 

We also have a manager who's going to get them fit over the summer and not have the usual holiday camp for pre season, you never know he might be able to get a few games out of Abdi next season.

3 with JL rescuing us after CC’s belated departure 

One of the worst seasons I can remember in terms of promise and end result.

..that said hopefully we are through the worst and JL can get us moving again.  Last 5 games suggests he might just do that..

2 hours ago, torres said:

Disagree totally 

Fans want to see progression. If the same mistakes are being made over and over again then supporters will rightly get annoyed 

If supporters see improvement they will back it 

Exactly, we won’t be in the play offs next season Imo but for me that’s okay . I feel we have a proper manager in place now and the club is being run better on and off the field . It’s actually worth watching as well not the snore fest that put me off attending matches 

5/10

forget Carlos and forget Jos for a minute, I have supported the club for nearly 50 years and never seen an injury list which effectively wiped out the 1st XI. I don’t think even financially doped Man City or Wolves  would have sustained any kind of a challenge in their respective leagues with that kind of handicap. Look at how dem Blavdes suffered when ONE of their top guys got hurt. It was inevitable we would struggle and credit to the incoming players that we didn’t go down.

With Bannan and Fessi back - guess what - we look more threatening. This is a season when we have held Wolves away Cardiff twice and beaten all the play off teams apart from Boro. We have a decent squad and mixing youth with experience, we could challenge top six next year.

One thing we should consider, however, is at least ONE top quality Prem loanee. Mooey got Udders up in his own. 

We desperately need more pace (Woodburn Liverpool?) and if we are dealing at our own level, don’t swap Winnall for a Jones clone this time, get Anya or summat. 

Weird one.

Disaster up until the appointment of JL, then the inevitable settling in period followed by some fantastic results in the final quarter of the season.

Causes for optimism are:

1) A manager who seems to know how to actually manage the entire squad effectively

2) A manager who is not afraid to give youth a try

3) A manager who knows the value of getting players properly fit for the task

4) The realisation that our academy system is working and producing some real prospects

5) The realisation that our fringe players are actually very good solid players at this level

6) The termination of the relationship with Doyen

Causes for concern are:

1) The overall naivety of the Chairman which allowed the situation re Carlos and Doyen to go on as long as it did (hopefully lesson learned)

2) The Hirst situation. My concern here is that the Chairman appeared to allow his ego to get in the way of the Club's long term interest. Whether or not Hirst makes it is not the actual issue, it's the fact that the situation escalated to the point where we were denied the opportunity to find out if he could cut it due to the ban on him playing imposed by DC.

OVerall I am optimistic for the future if JL and the squad fulfils the promise shown recently.

Overall I'll go 6/10.

5 hours ago, Watson said:

If Jos doesn't get us into the playoff at least, he will be hounded out of the club.  Fans nowadays are not prepared for a club to be built they want instant results and will turn against the incumbent at the drop of a hat.

Sorry that's absolute rubbish. The fans pay hard earned cash and want to see a return on the product, if that product is failing they have a right to question and voice concern.

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

Sorry that's absolute rubbish. The fans pay hard earned cash and want to see a return on the product, if that product is failing they have a right to question and voice concern.

How long are you prepared to give him?  Would you want him sacked if he fails to make the playoffs?  

So what about the fans who have paid soft earned cash do they have the same rights as the hard-earned cash payers? 

Just now, Watson said:

How long are you prepared to give him?  Would you want him sacked if he fails to make the playoffs?  

So what about the fans who have paid soft earned cash do they have the same rights as the hard-earned cash payers? 

As I do with any other manager, once I can see its ran its course then I want to see a change. Carlos' dismissal was long over due.