Westwood will be Off

Guest Arcadianrocket

Guest Arcadianrocket

Reading Jos explanation on why Wallace has left, made me think Westwood days might be numbered too. Age is not on his side like Wallace.

I sincerely hop I am wrong, I think we have one last real shot of promotion with this group of lads and we need Westwood in the sticks. Another year development won't harm Wildsmith and Dawson. Send Dawson on loan and Wildsmith can play in the cups.

Does anyone else think Jos could use same method of thinking with Wallace and Loovens to Westwood?

Guest Arcadianrocket

It's not idle speculation really though is it..

If Jos decided he is too old when we have two younger keepers then he will be off.......because a host of sides would pay 3-4m for him. Fact.

3 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

If Jos decided he is too old when we have two younger keepers then he will be off.......because a host of sides would pay 3-4m for him. Fact.

Too old to be offered a new contract yes but Westwood isn’t at that stage is he !! 

6 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

Ooooooooh, discussion over, guys.

He put 'Fact' at the end of his post. That trumps everything, even 'End of'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

lol No wonder the Pork call us deluded.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ooooooooh, discussion over, guys.

He put 'Fact' at the end of his post. That trumps everything, even 'End of'.

I thought 'FFS' trumps all

FFS

17 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

It is idle speculation Rocket based on baseless assumptions.

Westwood is a top keeper while Wallace was never one of the best wingers in the league. Plus keepers have ability to play longer than wingers. He may go if we command a fee but he hasn’t got a chance under Jos due to injuries.

33 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

Reading Jos explanation on why Wallace has left, made me think Westwood days might be numbered too. Age is not on his side like Wallace.

I sincerely hop I am wrong, I think we have one last real shot of promotion with this group of lads and we need Westwood in the sticks. Another year development won't harm Wildsmith and Dawson. Send Dawson on loan and Wildsmith can play in the cups.

Does anyone else think Jos could use same method of thinking with Wallace and Loovens to Westwood?

He`s only just coming into his peak , keepers tend to play till their mid thirties at least. 

It's also about who's gonna buy him. £3m-ish (or, let's be stingy and say even £2m) for a good goalie with a couple strong years left and no resale value isn't a snip for a lot of Champ clubs and unlikely to be tempting for many except those trying for a promotion push/to avoid the drop. But would a top five side need him, and would a bottom five side have the cash? If not, he'll likely stay put.

Unless, again, Sunderland want him back. Possible.