Anyone ITK about pre season tour yet?

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Skeggy this year,mini tour with games against Boston,Lincoln city AND united & a toughie to finish off,Skeggy Town who are likely to field a full strength side.

So chips n dougnuts a plenty this year cant waitWTF:

Not true!!! Skegness Town folded a few years ago. lol

Heard it's Scotland for a couple of friendlies (one against Alloa) and then training camp abroad.

10 hours ago, owl-zat said:

I heard they'd booked Portugal again several months ago but then someone else told me plans had changed and they were going to Scotland.

I guess we'll just have to wait until last minute as usual when flights will have trebles in price as usual if it's abroad :-/

I was told Scotland at the game and said there would be two tours did not know where the other was. This I took to be a rumour and nothing official.

We should get Tony Toms back in for pre season stuff.

Night on the moors out in the Hope Valley, run twice up Mam Tor before a game against Buxton. Move on to Matlock and a run up to Gullivers World and back down before playing Matlock Town. Then on to Wales (Tony's homeland) and a run up Snowdon before moving on to the "Valley's" spending time crawling through cold rivers and bogs and more sleeping rough and a couple of rugby friendlies, before arriving in Swansea for  a sea swim off the Mumbles. Quick game against Newport County. Hopefully Carlos will pop along to Tony's light sessions to see what real training is !

On the way back to Sheffield, stop off in at Cardiff and give Warnock's divas a kicking in last away friendly. Arrive back at Hillsborough and after a 5 mile run around Longley Park ( a favourite for one of Tony's light stints) and then play our home flagship friendly against Bayern Munich. We'll be ready for owt with Tony's help.

• Like 2

If it's somewhere new like Dom Howson said on Twitter then I don't think it can be Holland as we've been there before, under Laws I think?

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

FFP is biting ,so its Cleethorpes this year . Training on the beach ,dodging the dog turds ,and a game against Grimsby Town .

My ideal pre-season:

Alfreton (a)

Grimsby Town (a)

Training camp in Holland, 2 matches against Eredivisie teams

Everton (h)