Everton to push ahead and sign #SWFC striker

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Previous precedent set by other tribunals would suggest we'll get half that figure.  

Anybody with a similar goalscoring record internationally as Hirst. as a lot of fee involved is based on potential 

6 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Who cares... I wish it would just hurry up and happen already. Sick of hearing about it now..

Well said that man.....regardless of what has gone in he’s off so goodbye and good luck. 

Can’t wait for 1 Jul and his final departure. Maybe then we can start to concentrate on the players that want to be at the club now and stop going round in circles debating this subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Was hoping you would? To prove me wrong.

lol

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

The closest I've come to find of examples... the "best" being the Jed Steer case. 

Obvious issue is that there isn't really a direct comparison to Hirst's situation per se, but IMO the general level of figures in this suggest maybe £1m initial fee would be about what we should hope for... anything above that as part of an initial compensation payment should be considered a bonus. 

• Thanks 1

Good luck to him.

As annoying as it is as a Wednesdayite, this is football now.

He has a choice between, maybe playing for his boyhood team... and maybe one day earning a decent contract; or maybe playing for another team, but definitely getting a decent contract.

Tough choice. It's easy, from your armchair, in a totally hypothetical situation, to say "go with your heart". 

In reality, this could be the last good contact he's ever offered. He might not make the grade, or could suffer an injury the week after he signs.

He's got to go with his head.

I hope he becomes an established Premier League player, and rejoins us one day when we make it back.

16 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

The closest I've come to find of examples... the "best" being the Jed Steer case. 

Obvious issue is that there isn't really a direct comparison to Hirst's situation per se, but IMO the general level of figures in this suggest maybe £1m initial fee would be about what we should hope for... anything above that as part of an initial compensation payment should be considered a bonus. 

Was reading the above article at the week end it seem to suggest that even though GH will be out of contract ourselves and his future club still try to negotiate on a fee with add ons to avoid FFP because he is under 24.

If it goes to tribunal they look at how long he has ben at the club (since the age of 9), what contract was offered, what level or first team games he has got, which clubs are interest and any previous offers, but the one which will be the issue is was his old club value him at and as we have not allowed him to play at any level for near a full season we cannot then argue he is worth £5m can we so I hope we uses some common sense for the first time in this whole messy affair and try and come to a deal with Everton, Man Utd, Leicester on a fee of say £1-2m with add ons based on future first team appearances or maybe a sell on clause if sold for more than we get for him.

If it goes to tribunal i think we will come away with less than £500k

Edited by room0035
  • Haha 1

So he'll be happy to move from one u23 team to another

And people say he'd rather play first team football than chase the money lol 

Sooner he goes the better, can move on and focus of players who want to play for Sheffield Wednesday 

Edited by welsOwl74

When you judge player like Hirst as money grabbers look at players like Ryan Jones, a good promising player in the 1990's had to world at his feet and was tipped to go all the way, but got a very nasty knee injury that finished his career very early. I have no problem with him trying to get the best for himself and his family.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Was reading the above article at the week end it seem to suggest that even though GH will be out of contract ourselves and his future club still try to negotiate on a fee with add ons to avoid FFP because he is under 24.

If it goes to tribunal they look at how long he has ben at the club (since the age of 9), what contract was offered, what level or first team games he has got, which clubs are interest and any previous offers, but the one which will be the issue is was his old club value him at and as we have not allowed him to play at any level for near a full season we cannot then argue he is worth £5m can we so I hope we uses some common sense for the first time in this whole messy affair and try and come to a deal with Everton, Man Utd, Leicester on a fee of say £1-2m with add ons based on future first team appearances or maybe a sell on clause if sold for more than we get for him.

If it goes to tribunal i think we will come away with less than £500k

Think the fact we supposedly turned down a decent bid from Leicester for him. suggests we would be confident getting a similar fee in the future.

Just let him go. Fed up of him now.

He's 19 already, not scored a senior goal and not been able to get a run in the team because of his silly decisions.

Look at Sessegnon at Fulham, a couple of years younger than Hirst, he's kept his head down, stayed at his club, gained 2 valuable and successful seasons in the first team and now he's respected and has the world at his feet.

A class apart from Hirst.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I blame Carlos Carvahal for this. 

If he had not been so vehemently against using our home grown players and given him chances, along with impressing on the chairman how it important it is for thses players to be signed up to the club, he would be staying. 

Instead our brightest prospect and also the son of a legend is off elsewhere for peanuts. 

Its an absolute travesty. 

I think it's likely that what you say isn't too wide of the mark. Carlos' reluctance to go with youth was a factor IMO, but what really went on behind closed doors? Everything is conjecture or spin. The truth is there somewhere...

50 minutes ago, room0035 said:

When you judge player like Hirst as money grabbers look at players like Ryan Jones, a good promising player in the 1990's had to world at his feet and was tipped to go all the way, but got a very nasty knee injury that finished his career very early. I have no problem with him trying to get the best for himself and his family.

Ryan Jones ‘tipped to go all the way’

lol

Where to?

• Haha 1