Everton to push ahead and sign #SWFC striker

George Hirst.jpg

Everton are eyeing at least three new signings for their u-23s squad and are understood to be pressing ahead with plans to sign Sheffield Wednesday striker George Hirst.

The Blues have a long standing interest in the 19-year-old who is out of contract at the end of the season but they face competition for his signature from Manchester United.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-sort-out-young-players-14561865

Owlstalk Shop

Depending how near to breaking FFP we are we have a chance at the end of the season we never have. Because of the changes to the transfer window instead of it opening 1st July it is opening end of may when GH and SC are still in contract if there are a few clubs wanting them maybe we can negotiate some deal to get enough in to help with FFP and maybe get a sell on before his contract ends on 30 June. 

Its an option that depends on the player and the clubs though.

• Haha 3

I blame Carlos Carvahal for this. 

If he had not been so vehemently against using our home grown players and given him chances, along with impressing on the chairman how it important it is for thses players to be signed up to the club, he would be staying. 

Instead our brightest prospect and also the son of a legend is off elsewhere for peanuts. 

Its an absolute travesty. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Carbone said:

What he and his advisors deserve 

Lets not start another slagging people off thread, there is two sides to every story - we all thought the sun shined out of Carlos behind before we found out what had happened to the squad. Don't judge the negotiation to all be down to GH and his representative with this one. I have a feeling when he leaves and can speak freely of his then former employers a lot of other information will come out that could well change people minds.

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

If he had not been so vehemently against using our home grown players and given him chances, along with impressing on the chairman how it important it is for thses players to be signed up to the club, he would be staying. 

Instead our brightest prospect and also the son of a legend is off elsewhere for peanuts. 

He certainly didn't help. One the most short term, backward thinking selfish Managers we've ever had in my view.

Fuuck fitness, fuuck injuries, fucuck developing youth.

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

You realise that during CC's tenure we had FF, Hooper, Joao, Nuhiu, Fletcher, Winnall etc all available to play.  Hirst was never going to get into the team ahead of that lot.....

12 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Then you’re very misinformed. Read Chansiri’s statement about the situation. 

• Like 4