Everton to push ahead and sign #SWFC striker

7 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

We have totally alienated one of the worlds most promising young players by using threats, intimidatons and ultimations to get gh to sign. 

I find the way gh has been treated as distasteful in the extreme.. 

I'm pleased he's as withstood the barage of abuse he's had to put up with. 

If we'd treated gh decently then he'd have stayed. What must he think when rubbish like nuhiu gets in the team ahead of him? 

There's a nasty stench these days at Hillsborough. 

One of the world's most promising young players??????

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

We have totally alienated one of the worlds most promising young players by using threats, intimidatons and ultimations to get gh to sign. 

If we'd treated gh decently then he'd have stayed. What must he think when rubbish like nuhiu gets in the team ahead of him? 

One of the worlds most promising young players. lol

• Haha 2

Well I suppose in a world where people get really angry if it’s suggested that Ryan Jones might not have been going straight to the top then George Hirst could well be one of the most promising players in world football, maybe even the universe.

• Haha 1

I don’t understand those sticking up for Hirst.

I do fully understand why he’s leaving and I don’t blame him. Also given his position I’d more than likely do the same.

However it doesn’t stop the fact that his actions have been that of a tailface and he’s basically shat all over Sheffield Wednesday. To get ahead in life some people will or feel they have to screw others over.

It’s a bit like if a bloke was cheating on his mrs with Kate Upton. You’d 100% understand why he’s doing it, you’d do the same. Doesn’t stop him being a fool for doing it.

Here’s some Upton to cheer us all up.

B4E48E7F-C2F6-437D-A134-06DEE9CBB732.jpeg

Edited by jonesy87shef
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

If it wasn’t for Nuhiu’s goals, assists and MOTM displays since Jos took charge, we could have been staring relegation in the face this season.

A talented young player’s inevitable departure from the club, shouldn’t be used as a stick to beat our top scorer with IMO.  That’s just unfair criticism, and not the first time I’ve heard this bizarre accusation on this forum either.

I agree that Hirst has been mismanaged and unjustifiably scapegoated by an incompetent regime here over the past 18 months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

What a load of cobblers

:tango:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

I don’t understand those sticking up for Hirst.

I do fully understand why he’s leaving and I don’t blame him. Also given his position I’d more than likely do the same.

However it doesn’t stop the fact that his actions have been that of a tailface and he’s basically shat all over Sheffield Wednesday. To get ahead in life some people will or feel they have to screw others over.

It’s a bit like if a bloke was cheating on his mrs with Kate Upton. You’d 100% understand why he’s doing it, you’d do the same. Doesn’t stop him being a fool for doing it.

Here’s some Upton to cheer us all up.

In an ideal world I’d give you to pluses for this post, one for the comment and one for the picture!!!:goalie:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Not buying that...signing Winnall and Rhodes made zero difference + the contact stuff was turning sour well before they signed.  Whatever club he goes to, especially the likes of Everton, Man Utd etc, he’d be likely overshadowed by bigger and better signings anyway. If he’s chucking toys out because we signed a couple of more experienced and more successful players, then he needs a reality check. 

And as for telling his side of the story, they already did that via various media articles. I remember Hirstys pal lambasted the club on Biggys show as well.

As I said earlier, I’ve not doubt Wednesday have contributed to this saga. But it’s disingenous to suggests they’re solely to blame. 

I'm not saying Wednesday are solely to blame. Hirst and his advisors don't come out of this well. But the club let it get to a point where we banned the lad from playing for us. That's such a petty and vindictive thing to do for me. We handled the situation poorly and let it get to this stage. I know for a fact George has never said he doesn't want to play for us or refused to train.

You've contradicted yourself here. You said it has gone sour before we signed Winnall and Rhodes. Yet Hirst's mate went on Biggs's show and blasted the club for spending millions on strikers when George was knocking on the door.

On 4/26/2018 at 13:43, room0035 said:

Was reading the above article at the week end it seem to suggest that even though GH will be out of contract ourselves and his future club still try to negotiate on a fee with add ons to avoid FFP because he is under 24.

If it goes to tribunal they look at how long he has ben at the club (since the age of 9), what contract was offered, what level or first team games he has got, which clubs are interest and any previous offers, but the one which will be the issue is was his old club value him at and as we have not allowed him to play at any level for near a full season we cannot then argue he is worth £5m can we so I hope we uses some common sense for the first time in this whole messy affair and try and come to a deal with Everton, Man Utd, Leicester on a fee of say £1-2m with add ons based on future first team appearances or maybe a sell on clause if sold for more than we get for him.

If it goes to tribunal i think we will come away with less than £500k

Don't think he joined at the age of 9, he was at that Man U satellite academy for a while.

22 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'm not saying Wednesday are solely to blame. Hirst and his advisors don't come out of this well. But the club let it get to a point where we banned the lad from playing for us. That's such a petty and vindictive thing to do for me. We handled the situation poorly and let it get to this stage. I know for a fact George has never said he doesn't want to play for us or refused to train.

You've contradicted yourself here. You said it has gone sour before we signed Winnall and Rhodes. Yet Hirst's mate went on Biggs's show and blasted the club for spending millions on strikers when George was knocking on the door.

How do you know this for a fact?  Have you been involved in every conversation he's ever had?  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

russell-google-it.gif

Guest timrud
23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I know for a fact George has never said he doesn't want to play for us or refused to train.

Are you posting this as fact or opinion?

2 hours ago, timrud said:

Are you posting this as fact or opinion?

Fact. He may want to leave but he's never refused to train or play for Wednesday. The club stopped him from doing that. 

Sad situation. We could have got a few good years out of him and made a decent fee if we did things right. Let's hope it's a big lesson learnt. Having said that George has missed out on a year of football, just because he wouldn't sign a new deal. Not really fair.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fact. He may want to leave but he's never refused to train or play for Wednesday. The club stopped him from doing that. 

Sad situation. We could have got a few good years out of him and made a decent fee if we did things right. Let's hope it's a big lesson learnt. Having said that George has missed out on a year of football, just because he wouldn't sign a new deal. Not really fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na5Y9FxR0lg

On 27/04/2018 at 09:13, jonesy87shef said:

Excellent work Jones!

However, I do have one question. Does she have a proper waist?

Sometimes these fillies with the wobbly fun bags have straight up and down torsos and don't have the waist pinch.

I'm wondering if her arms are so positioned to hide the straight lines of her side?  Makes you wonder. 

• Haha 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Just business.

We could have paid him big money for 3 years and then released him for free. Who knows what the future holds? He was unprepared to commit to the club for what the club felt was prudent. I have no problem with actions of either club or player.

On 28/04/2018 at 13:52, Lord Snooty said:

Excellent work Jones!

However, I do have one question. Does she have a proper waist?

Sometimes these fillies with the wobbly fun bags have straight up and down torsos and don't have the waist pinch.

I'm wondering if her arms are so positioned to hide the straight lines of her side?  Makes you wonder. 

Good spot Snoots! Although I think she can get away with it.

5EE077E0-75A0-4540-B8D2-C34F79A01912.jpeg