Sean Clare future in doubt

There are players like Chris Marsden, who tore up his contract when he couldn't carry on anymore so as not to be a drain on the club.

Then there are players like Sean Clare who show no loyalty or gratefulness to the club who have invested in his career.

Good riddance.

13 hours ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

yes he's had plenty of offers

look at his performance against derby & villa, he's championship quality, shame carlos didn't see this & offer him a new deal early doors now we'll lose another prospect for nowt

good luck to the kid, he doesn't owe us owt, enjoyed watching him play for the very brief time he did 

7 minutes ago, Roland Nilsson said:

What about tbe other games hea played he was terrible

I saw him against derby & villa, he was very good then

the other games? can't answer that but no shock that a young lad playing in championship is inconsistent, the 2 games I'm referring to show he has talent & someone I'd like to see stay but he won't 

Clare's an odd one.

Realistically, if he doesn't sign for us, what's he going to do?

He can probably cut it at this level, from what we've seen.

But how many championship clubs are really going to slash out on him after 4 games in the championship?

He'd started to break into the starting lineup here, and would no question be in the first team squad next season.

His likely alternative looks like going back to Gillingham or something, which means dropping a league and spending a few years in mid-table nothingness, instead of pushing for promotion to the prem with us.

Seems a very simple decision to me. It's not like the Hirst situation where he has a host of Premier League clubs trying to get him on the books. At teh end of the day, if Clare really wants to go to Gillingham, then it's his career to waste.

We won't get a lot for Clare only been out player a few years as came from Nike academy, might get £500k if we have to go to tribunal. Not the same level of investment as Hirst.

The more worrying thing for me is producing good young players that don't want to stay and play for the team, it suggest either there is something not being said it the offers are that inferior to what other teams are offering them.

I can't think a premier team is offering them £20,000 a week so what is going on!

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We won't get a lot for Clare only been out player a few years as came from Nike academy, might get £500k if we have to go to tribunal. Not the same level of investment as Hirst.

The more worrying thing for me is producing good young players that don't want to stay and play for the team, it suggest either there is something not being said it the offers are that inferior to what other teams are offering them.

I can't think a premier team is offering them £20,000 a week so what is going on!

I can see Hirst going to a premier team but I can't see Clare doing that.

TBF I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Gillingham.

Hirst and Clare totally different cases.

Big clubs apparently after Hirst. So that's that. And would be that quite independently of whether he was playing for first team.

Clare is different. Actually the more useful player at the moment. Less attractive to the biggest clubs. Could turn into a very decent standard player. In other words the idea that we might keep him is not delusional as it is with Hirst. Would like to keep him, in fact. But only so far we can or should go.

On 12/04/2018 at 17:24, Roland Nilsson said:

What a load of rubbish.. There will be a bucket collection for us to stay in existence if you were the chairman.. You know when the youth players wages rise, the 1st team want their wages increasing

Brilliant, which bit is utter rubbish? The bit where young players get paid a lot more these days or the bit where we should pay Hirst and Clare enough to keep them at the club and get rid of overpaid, over the hill dead wood?