Sean Clare future in doubt

6 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

But he's not "home grown" is he. I think we only signed him last season. Could be wrong but didn't we get him from the nike academy ?

FFS

Well, yeah, fair point - you know what I mean though, youth coming through from the U23s and actually having chance to make an impact after working with the backroom staff for a year or two, rather than being completely unheard of and eventually drifting off into League 1 obscurity or worse.

Producing that sort of talent isn’t easy They aren’t anywhere near the finished article, but the fact that they are on the radar of the big clubs, shows they have real promise 

So what will happen? Our best two young prospects walk away for zilch, or just a bit of compensation, meanwhile we’ll be stuck with a load of crap, on big money, with no prospect of any takers 

What’s changed, we’re still make no the same mistakes aren’t we

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Producing that sort of talent isn’t easy They aren’t anywhere near the finished article, but the fact that they are on the radar of the big clubs, shows they have real promise 

So what will happen? Our best two young prospects walk away for zilch, or just a bit of compensation, meanwhile we’ll be stuck with a load of crap, on big money, who no prospect of any takers 

What’s changed, we’re still make no the same mistakes aren’t we

You think Spurs are actually interested in Sean Clare?

26 minutes ago, mkowl said:

He is not as good as he thinks he is.

The problem will be the crap that he will be getting told by his "representatives".. Rather than players making their own decisions in life and being a man they have some tard who gets paid alot for corrupting his decisions. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mkowl said:

He is not as good as he thinks he is.

25 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Nowhere near,

28 minutes ago, Roland Nilsson said:

He's had 1 good game.. Don't be blackmailed Wednesday.  If any of them don't want  to stay in our wage structure get rid of them

MOTM performances against promotion chasers Aston Villa and Derby County.

I bet there are plenty of 21 year old footballers that wish they could be as rubbish as Sean Clare.

Edited by The Captain

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I do, yes

Fair enough, I think it’s a load of bolllocks. Guess we’ll see where he ends up. Maybe he’ll shun the big boys and their riches and sign for us. Yet somehow it would be our fault if he doesn’t.

3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

The problem will be the crap that he will be getting told by his "representatives".. Rather than players making their own decisions in life and being a man they have some tard who gets paid alot for corrupting his decisions. 

Spot on mate 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Well, yeah, fair point - you know what I mean though, youth coming through from the U23s and actually having chance to make an impact after working with the backroom staff for a year or two, rather than being completely unheard of and eventually drifting off into League 1 obscurity or worse.

It was just a bit of nit picking really. But until we are once again a consistently semi successful club it is going to be a nightmare trying to hang on to these good young players. Even then, if one of the more advertised clubs, ( no way can I say bigger ), comes in for a young player then they WILL have their heads turned. Be that by their agent or the possibility of playing for the other team makes no matter really.

UTO
WAWAW

25 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Agree fella but I just feel like Hirst has already gone. It's all just formulaic now. In my head, the divorce is finalised - it's just easier that way. Hope I'm proved wrong, of course.

Hirst's weird situation with the spectre of his dad's missed opportunities hanging over etc etc, it was always going to be either proper Roy of the Rovers stuff, of really weird and messy and awkward. Clare, on the other hand...I honestly don't see how he'll improve his lot in the short term by not taking the golden FOOTBALLING opportunity he's worked so hard for all those years.

The game's in a right state.

Both Hirst and Clare should be trying to prove themselves at Wednesday... if either were good enough, which for me requires the right attitude, which should be playing first team football first then they’d make it easier that way... Hirst will get nowhere near the Man U first team... 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Fair enough, I think it’s a load of bolllocks. Guess we’ll see where he ends up. Maybe he’ll shun the big boys and their riches and sign for us. Yet somehow it would be our fault if he doesn’t.

A move to Spurs might also not be that good a move for him, and there’s no guarantee that he won’t end up playing non league Plenty have, some who were far more talented than Clare

We don’t know what him or Hirst have been offered, only that the players and their agents don’t believe it is enough 

It just seems odd that the club will meet the wage demands of so many players who are clearly, well past their sell buy date At the end of the day, the club will have a structure of which players get what 

Personally, I don’t have any trust in the clubs judgement in these matters, but hey, it isn’t my money

Signs or doesn't sign. 

That's that.  He's got promise but I'll not be crying myself to sleep at night if he doesn't.  

I'd have thought he'd look at things and realise he has a good chance here of breaking into a team at a big championship club and making a name for himself.