How far behind are we?

We’re some way short of automatic promotion, that’s for sure. The lower half of the playoffs is attainable with one or two additions.

It’s so difficult to tell, at the moment Millwall are going great guns. Likewise earlier in the season, Bristol City and United. I doubt many would have expected any of them to be challenging for the playoffs at the start of the season.

More than anything consistency is what’s needed if you’re going to be up there. We’ve been sadly lacking in this department all season.

I think we could do it, but as it stands I see mid table as where we’d finish next season, so tweaks must be made in the summer.

I don't think our squad is a million miles away from being able to compete towards the top of this league again, as we showed with our form in the second half of last season.

The key is getting our best players fit and keeping them that way throughout next season, as well as making sure they're all 100% prepared, both physically and mentally, for the battles ahead.

I do wonder what kind of lasting impact the two failed playoff campaigns and this season's catastrophe may have had, so a bit of turnover and freshening up wouldn't go amiss, of course. I expect we'll have to try to move on at least one of our better players in order to free up some funds to allow Luhukay to bring in the kind of players he likes, as it certainly feels like he's had to 'make do and mend' to a large extent thus far.

I thought there wasn't too that much between the two sides today.  Fulham looked more composed going forward, had more passing options but we still arn't at anywhere near full strength.  We need to shift some out (the ones who can't seem to play 4 or 5 games on the trot) and get 3 or 4 players in. 

Can't believe people think that with a fully fit squad we'd be nowhere near. Have any of you seen Cardiff this season? We are where we are because something is clearly wrong within the club in the fitness/medical department. All the teams that do well at this level tend to have few injuries and can more or less put the same squad out every week. The players we have, fit, playing with confidence would be right up there.

In a season with anything like an average level of injuries probably bottom end of top 6.

Previous two seasons deficiencies have not been sorted out.

We still lack midfield presence. Pelupessy, Bannan and Reach are lightweight.

Hunt as right wingback is just ok but there is no adequate cover.

Left wingback is an ongoing problem.

Our only players with anything like pace sat on the bench for 80 minutes today.

Having said that Fulham, in spite of theri recent form, struggled to break us down because we played so defensively.

Think we all know the areas that need strengthening.

Some serious trading is the only answer to avoid P&S sanctions if we are to sort out this squad in a way that makes themcserious contenders.

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

In a season with anything like an average level of injuries probably bottom end of top 6.

Previous two seasons deficiencies have not been sorted out.

We still lack midfield presence. Pelupessy, Bannan and Reach are lightweight.

Hunt as right wingback is just ok but there is no adequate cover.

Left wingback is an ongoing problem.

Our only players with anything like pace sat on the bench for 80 minutes today.

Having said that Fulham, in spite of theri recent form, struggled to break us down because we played so defensively.

Think we all know the areas that need strengthening.

Some serious trading is the only answer to avoid P&S sanctions if we are to sort out this squad in a way that makes themcserious contenders.

Totally agree with this.

Squad needs a refresh. 

Two years of missing out on promotion and then this horror show of a third. 

We need an enforcer in midfield (we were so lightweight today it was embarrassing) and some proper wingbacks if we are to continue with this system. 

I just feel we are too lightweight , too easy to play against. we need some power ,especially in midfield , and a couple of pacy attacking players who can break at speed and stretch the opposition. We have the nucleolus of a top six team , just a few additions in the right areas . 

Just now, handworth52 said:

We are a million miles off Fulham .we need to forget any ideas of top 6 until we lose all the injury prone ageing crocks . 

Seeing as someone thought it was a good idea to give these injury prone crocks long contracts , how the hell do we get shut of them ? 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Seeing as someone thought it was a good idea to give these injury prone crocks long contracts , how the hell do we get shut of them ? 

Other than shoot them we are stuck with them without doubt .going to drag this club back big time