How far behind are we?

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

You have pace and aggression and I'll have footballing brains and skill 

A combination of all of that works best. We have footballing brains and skill in the likes of Bannan, Lee, Hooper and Forestieri. We seldom have the aggression of Hutchinson available and we have never had pace the likes of 3 or 4 of the Fulham players that their players with brains and skill are able to make the most of. 

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We are miles behind Fulham in terms of development We were last season, even though we reached the play offs Having said that, one lucky goal and it would have been a draw

To be fair Fulham have beaten most sides they have faced this year easier than that, 15 wins and 0 defeats from their last 19. Had they not been as bad as us for the 1st 20 games of the season they would be up already. 

Beaten by the better side for sure but no shame in that given that they are at full strength. If we could say the same I doubt more than 4 or 5 of the 11 that started today would have played.

36 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A combination of all of that works best. We have footballing brains and skill in the likes of Bannan, Lee, Hooper and Forestieri. We seldom have the aggression of Hutchinson available and we have never had pace the likes of 3 or 4 of the Fulham players that their players with brains and skill are able to make the most of. 

Exactly.

Everyone could see it but the people that mattered. 

We have signed the slowest players known to man since the play off final 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Exactly.

Everyone could see it but the people that mattered. 

We have signed the slowest players known to man since the play off final 

I doubt there is a team in the league that lacks pace in every area of the pitch like we do. Speed alone won't win you games but defensively it gives you the chance to recover or play a higher line, attack wise it gives you an option to relieve pressure or turn the opposition defence and force your opponents to play deeper giving you a better foothold in the game.

It's odd.

People keep saying we would be top 6 with a fully fit squad.

As if the only reason we are where we are is because of injuries.

At the start of the season I don't recall us being top 6 material. 

In fact I do recall us being pretty dire.

After the first 10 games can anyone honestly say we were cert's for promotion.

FFS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

It's odd.

People keep saying we would be top 6 with a fully fit squad.

As if the only reason we are where we are is because of injuries.

At the start of the season I don't recall us being top 6 material. 

In fact I do recall us being pretty dire.

After the first 10 games can anyone honestly say we were cert's for promotion.

FFS.

We were far from convincing at the start of the season but we were above Fulham until the injuries kicked in.

Carlos had clearly had his head turned which wasn't helping. We could have been in top 6 contention looking at the teams still in with a shout and the points total.

Edited by Guest

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

We were far from convincing at the start of the season but we were above Fulham until the injuries kicked in.

You are right Fulham had a poor start to the season.

But I don't see the relevance.

FFS.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Good point & no, they're not.

Ironic though that the top two this season stuggled last season and 3rd and 4th place last season have struggled this.

I can't wait for this season to end and I remain quite positive for next season.

2 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

You are right Fulham had a poor start to the season.

But I don't see the relevance.

FFS.

Fulham had a poor start to the season as did we. They have been able to call upon their strongest side for much of the campaign and it has helped them 2nd half whereas our players dropped like flies and our poor recruitment left us with nothing creative in reserve. I'm not saying we would be up with Fulham had our players been fit by any means but we would have had more of a chance of top half at worst.

31 points says it all....

But as of the start of next season who knows? If Fulham fluff their charge and  don't make it this year, will they really keep Cairny, Sessegnon and Fredrick's over the summer? Things could look very different for them.

Edited by Anus

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Fulham had a poor start to the season as did we. They have been able to call upon their strongest side for much of the campaign and it has helped them 2nd half whereas our players dropped like flies and our poor recruitment left us with nothing creative in reserve. I'm not saying we would be up with Fulham had our players been fit by any means but we would have had more of a chance of top half at worst.

I too think we would possibly be top ten.

But that's not what I was saying.

People seem to think we would practically be promoted maybe even top 2 if it hadn't been for injuries.

But I am pretty sure that would not have been the case.

We have never looked liked promotion contenders from the first kick of the ball this season.

Or in fact pre season.

FFS.

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

About 75% of the way there. To match them we will need better wing backs, a player like Cairney in midfield and pace in more positions 

That doesn’t sound like 75% to me. I thought you were a numbers guy!