How far behind are we?

Guest mkowl

About 75% of the way there. To match them we will need better wing backs, a player like Cairney in midfield and pace in more positions 

1 minute ago, TINGLE75 said:

Fulham are probably 1 of 3 or 4 decent teams in an otherwise mediocre league. So what are people's thoughts on how far away we are and what is needed to compete again next season?

With a full strength team out not a million miles away couple of good signings i think

I think it shows what pace does in the right areas 

Something we have next to nothing of 

I personally wouldn’t say they were outstanding - they have ability and athleticism in key areas 

For example if McDonald played for us he would be a nightmare but with those players around him he can pull the strings 

6 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Fulham are probably 1 of 3 or 4 decent teams in an otherwise mediocre league. So what are people's thoughts on how far away we are and what is needed to compete again next season?

How far away from what? 

Mid table, I said pre season that is where I expected us to finish after the transfer business. So IMO we are a mid table side. 

Play offs. Probably at least 3/4 players short. A centre half, left back, a midfield workhorse and a striker are at least the positions we are short in to reach the play offs. 

Auto, we are a million miles away. Simply nowhere near that standard. 

Without injuries I think we’d have our results together to be around the top six. 

However, I think we need that pace and aggression throughout the team to take us to the next step. It’s something CC refused to do as it wasn’t his style but we are reliant on a few players in the squad to provide this, the likes of Villa, Fulham and Wolves have it in abundance.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Without injuries I think we’d have our results together to be around the top six. 

However, I think we need that pace and aggression throughout the team to take us to the next step. It’s something CC refused to do as it wasn’t his style but we are reliant on a few players in the squad to provide this, the likes of Villa, Fulham and Wolves have it in abundance.

You have pace and aggression and I'll have footballing brains and skill 

If we can keep all of our star players fit - and that's a massive if - we are top 6 standard. We are not top 2 - nowhere near. Last season we were given a footballing lesson by Brighton. This season we've been given one by Fulham. That's the quality required for top 2. They have quality running throughout their side. We have too many weak areas that need strengthening and we've probably no money to do it. 

22 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

We urgently need some pace and power injected into the team . We currently have neither. 

With a fully fit squad, we wouldn’t be far away. Cardiff are poor, and anybody below them can’t string two results together. Fulham have proved this season and last they can’t play well for a full season. 

What I’m amazed at is the amount of our fans that think we have a good team playing at the present, because this team is as close as we were under Stuart Gray, Dave Jones and Brian Laws.

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

That’s a negative on that one . We have 2 or 3good players 2 or 3more decent ones and a lot of dross. We are top half at best 

I dunno mate, are Millwall, Bristol City or the Blunts better than our strongest XI?