Lawrenson hates us.

8 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Is this the same Mark Lawrenson that was born in Preston, started his career at Preston and played over 70 games for them?

If so, I think I've figured out why he said it

Get rid of the victim mentality son, you're sounding like a scouser! 

Well said mate......get sick of hearing/reading how we are the victims of some sort of media conspiracy.

5 hours ago, Will69 said:

When did our fan base become a set of victims?

I've been a victim ever since that day in 1992 when me dad said '"Linda, I'm off to take our lad to his first Wednesday match" 

• Haha 4

Armchair fan,bet he wasnt in the ground yesterday,part timer.

Is he a ST holder or member?

That tash of his is awfull,like a hairy caterpillar,proper oldmans tash.

I dont care if he dunt like us,hes crap as at commentating on football. FOUR one to$$er.

Has been,never liked him on MOTD

• Haha 1

I fully enjoyed his mini meltdown. Awful pundit. I actually wondered if he'd mention it when I saw he was on. Added to that and his commentary on the cup game he also had a dig about us when the Kirkland incident occurred against Leeds. The bloke is to put it bluntly a d*ckhead.

11 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Ah soz, didn't know he was Preston fan. He often has a go at us though av noticed. 

Thinks he's funny although I do remember a comment about some winger being responsible for more crosses than pontius pilot. 

Seriously tho ...who givesafuck wether he likes us or not tho .

I don't mind Lawrenson.  Delivers  pithy comment on the modern game in the style of a camp 1980's gentleman's  hairdresser. That's his gig. 

Prefer it to the recently retired pundits who darent say anything negative because they still have freinds playing. 

Can't believe that anyone finds it genuinly annoying what he's said? 

He's a fan. If John Pearson had said it about one of our losses we'd be loving it.

If I was Mr Chansiri if seriously be considering a blanket media ban at Hillsborough next season and create something "in house" .

The media campaign against us this season has been absolutely staggering. The constant negativity from

local media has had a knock on effect into our fanbase and is causing a divide. The media campaign against Carlos was just shameful. 

Then we have comments like this by Lawrenson and Ian Dowie's pathetic claim on sky that Fessi hasn't been playing due to a fallout with the management., almost slanderous. 

There are are plenty of bloggers that would jump at the chance to write for SWFC and would do a better job than the bombardment of negativity aimed at us from every other angle. 

17 hours ago, Chris E said:

Some really embarrassing comments in this thread. Some of the precious type that we laugh at United fans for.

He's a Preston fan. Why would he think yesterday was anything but bad for his team?

how naive, he has lived and worked in the historical epicentre of the planets most badly done to people, and not have a negative attitude to hillsborough. was he a swansea fan too?

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have heard of few times people say certain people in the media are 'against' Wednesday.

Think much more likely they are not bothered about us. Been out of Premier League for nearly 20 years doubt many in media have had that much to do with us.

despite the disgusting level of behaviour at the far end of the city over the last couple of decades or more, that lot seem to be teflon, whilst wednesday undoubtably have a bias against them. 

20 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Is this the same Mark Lawrenson that was born in Preston, started his career at Preston and played over 70 games for them?

If so, I think I've figured out why he said it

Get rid of the victim mentality son, you're sounding like a scouser! 

In fairness so does Lawrenson. Miserable scouse bugger.

Maybe we should adopt Millwall's song.... :tango:

20 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Ah soz, didn't know he was Preston fan. He often has a go at us though av noticed. 

Thinks he's funny although I do remember a comment about some winger being responsible for more crosses than pontius pilot. 

He probably can't stand us for various reasons. Like most who are Liverpool connected.