Adthe Nuhiu Stats, Facts and Figures...

7 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Give over

Surely the merit of a player is to pull it out the hat when it counts ??

Threadbare squad and he’s performing - what more you want ??

Like i said the last couple of games hes been great, but long term he aint good enough, hes been cr@p for 4 years!

2 hours ago, Hughthecone said:

Supposition?? or are you ITK

I think it’s pretty obvious!! You don’t need to be ITK or clever to see Nuhiu wants to play and there has been prolonged periods where he hasn’t played any football at all...I’m sure there has been times where he wanted to go and play regular football.

Depends what people want or expect now. 

Nuhiu is doing a good job and playing well in a side that have won 3 out of 20+ games and in most normal seasons would be a lot closer to a relegation scrap than we are. 

Nuhiu would not be an asset to us if we want to challenge at the top end of the league. Hence why he hardly featured under carlos.

He's playing for a contract. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Depends what people want or expect now. 

Nuhiu is doing a good job and playing well in a side that have won 3 out of 20+ games and in most normal seasons would be a lot closer to a relegation scrap than we are. 

Nuhiu would not be an asset to us if we want to challenge at the top end of the league. Hence why he hardly featured under carlos.

He's playing for a contract. 

Excellent post. 

Unfortunately those facts and figures don't touch on everything else he brings to the team. Essentially the parts of his game that many have refused to or couldn't see what a huge influence he is. Jos certainly has created an extra dimension to his game but then you could say that by playing on a regular basis has given him the chance to show what he can do and improve his confidence. We're all human after all.

Always been a fan .

9 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

There's more to being a striker than just scoring goals (especially when those numbers are knowingly filtered). And let's not forget that Nuhiu has started just 11 of our last 84 league games. David Hirst has always been quick to praise the graft of Paul Williams when it came to creating scoring opportunities, even though his own scoring record was rather modest.

I agree there’s more to being a striker than scoring goals. But from what I see Nuhiu doesn’t make decent runs, can’t win headers or take a man on and his passing is pretty average. Yes he bumbles around and sometimes comes out with the ball but it’s hardly enough to warrant a contract extension at the club. 

Havent even mentioned one’d the amount of fouls he gives away in the final third, thus allowing their defence off the hook.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

If he keeps up the standards and improvement seen under Jos until the end of the season then it's likely IMO that he'll be the only one of our players, whose current deal ends in the summer, to be offered a new deal.

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Yes because there hasn’t been a buyer or a club to take him on loan!! 

Didn't need a buyer or offer of a loan tho'.

Previous managers could have chosen to release him when his contract(s) expired but chose to

offer him a new contract or extension.

So, presumably, 3 managers (we obviously don't know what Jos will decide) have seen something

in the big guy that many on here fail to see.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

If they could get him match fit to play a full 90 minutes twice a week week in week out. He would be a good squad player to have.

But if we have Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Joao, Rhodes all fit can you see him even making the bench. If we are getting rid of Fletcher and a n other then I would keep him as another option but if not then thank you but no thank you.

We cannot afford next season to be carrying 7 strikers when anymore than 4 is too many.

it hasnt been this year tho has it?

13 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

I agree there’s more to being a striker than scoring goals. But from what I see Nuhiu doesn’t make decent runs, can’t win headers or take a man on and his passing is pretty average. Yes he bumbles around and sometimes comes out with the ball but it’s hardly enough to warrant a contract extension at the club. 

Havent even mentioned one’d the amount of fouls he gives away in the final third, thus allowing their defence off the hook.

And Id probably agree on some of the points.
I guess my point is he's never going to Premiership quality but he gives his all when maybe others on the pitch are not. Equally we have been struggling going forward at times in the past and maybe more opportunities for him may have served us better.

Giving him a new contract should really be dictated by how our forward players look for next season. Who is with us, who is fit or any replacements. 

Superstar striker he aint but he is definitely an asset

As someone pointed out, in the last 10 games he has played in , we have lost eight. fair enough, but look beneath those stats. How long did we go nwithout a shot on goal, then suddenly we are losing 2-1,3-2, 4-2, That tells me one thing. The blame does not lie in the forwards, but in the defence!!!. If a team scores even 2, that should be enough of a leeway for the defence. but it isn't. So. What do we want -no contract renewal for a forward who's started scoring? 

I have a friend who's football loyalties lie with no particular team. His constant theme- that's a great lad you've got there. He is constantly singing Atdhe's praises.

As for his two goals against Leeds last week, I was a little concerned with his second goal and so watched it carefully over and over. My final take on this. Nuhiu went for a loose ball towards goal. He was followed by a Leeds player. The Leeds player was obviously trying to get to the ball first, but to do so he had to  go past Atdhe. Had he done so, he would have crossed his path and been brought down.. This is a technique used regularly in Premiership football. If you can't get to the ball, run across the  forward who cannot help but bring you down. Atdhe was having none of this and used his weight to keep the player behind. A for the first goal, yes, it was a toe-in from Reach's shot, but HE WAS THERE and knew what to do.

Get him re-signed ASAP.

16 hours ago, Hookowl said:

My guess is that Derby will keep Winnall, Rhodes will be offloaded and possibly Fletcher as well, Nuhiu will get another year.

Hope so, said this in another thread bud, very rarely injured and no doubt far less expensive in ffp terms to the others, so would make sense., especially as he gives you something different to the others. He's also looking more like the adte under gray, but the difference now is once everyone is back fit, we'll have more creativity making chances. 

Nuhiu actually has a very good footballing brain. Yes he's not as prolific as we'd all hope but he's a much better player than some give him credit for.

In my opinion some of our best performances of the last few seasons came when Nuhiu partnered Hooper up top and he was unfairly frozen out for much of last season.

17 hours ago, Vernster said:

If we hadn’t got 7 strikers we would be well and truly goosed this season . Strikers win matches , and unfortunately for us this season all ours have either been injured or out of form . 

So , yes in my opinion we need all 7 , if they were fit most of them would start for any team in this league. ( and we wouldn’t be in the dire league position we’ve found ourselves in ) 

So what your point?