Adthe Nuhiu Stats, Facts and Figures...

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Jos has won 2 league games in 12. Not exactly a brilliant record is it. Lets hope the very good result against Leeds is the start of something but previous to that he wasnt producing even with the injuries imo.

personally imo he aint up to the job

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Might get a testimonial, and play in the premiership with us. He’ll murder those lah di dah Premiership defences.

Often wondered about that myself.

Watching Premier games for last few seasons the defending is aawful. So much pushing, holding, grappling , shirt pulling etc.

Think many would find him something different to what they usually have to contend with.

1 minute ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Everybody loves Atdhe - Why Barry Bannan hopes Nuhiu gets a new Sheffield Wednesday deal Owls pair of Atdhe Nuhiu and Barry Bannan pose for a picture after securing a place at Wembley Pic :Steve Ellis 

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/everybody-loves-atdhe-why-barry-bannan-hopes-nuhiu-gets-a-new-sheffield-wednesday-deal-1-9075437

Well said wee Barry

Just now, Blatter said:

Often wondered about that myself.

Watching Premier games for last few seasons the defending is aawful. So much pushing, holding, grappling , shirt pulling etc.

Think many would find him something different to what they usually have to contend with.

Absolutely, they won’t have stumbled across a player like him. And he can play bloody football, he’s not just a big lump.

Our secret weapon.

Just one thing though.

Think we need to get there first. Forgot about that bit.

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

He's the only one of our senior out of contract players I'd give a new contract at the end of the season.

Infact I'd have him around for as long as we're a Championship club. Say what you want about Nuhiu - and people frequently do - but he clearly understands his role in the squad, is never going to upset the apple cart, doesn't command big wages, seems immensely popular off the field and never gives less than his all on it. He remains a unique player at this level that still causes problems for other teams and he's been an absolute warrior during difficult times this year. 

We could allow him to walk for nothing but I think we'd regret it. Much like I think it's typical that we've badly missed Semedo's infectious enthusiasm, experience and professionalism in the one season where we've probably needed him at this level, as soon as we decide to get rid. 

People will say we need to do better and they might be right from a pure ability standpoint. But we've tried assembling an expensive collection of "better" forwards than Nuhiu and I'd get rid of a couple of those sooner than I would him. 

Brilliant post ,and spot on mate 

There is no one like Dave in the championship , he must be a nightmare for defenders . His attitude is fantastic ,and when ever he crosses that white line he gives his all for the cause . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Depends how you define not good enough 

if on goal scoring then yeah fair enough but he’s a kevin Davies type player who provides and does the hard work

guess it depends whether you value that type of player or would rather 2 goal scorers up top 

His bad games far out weigh his good no matter what way you look at it. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

His bad games far out weigh his good no matter what way you look at it. 

Improved under Jos (like Joao). 6 goals in 10 starts under him. If he keeps his current form going then he'll likely get a new contract.

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Here's a stat for you

The more games Nuhiu plays, the lower down the league we finish.

You have no credibility left.

It’s nothing to do with your berating of Atdhe either, it’s because you’re called Ian. lol

2 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Improved under Jos (like Joao). 6 goals in 10 starts under him. If he keeps his current form going then he'll likely get a new contract.

Jos as done something with him yes...and I’m chuffed to see it but 10 half decent games doesn’t warrant a contract IMO.

Some fans have very short memories. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Jos as done something with him yes...and I’m chuffed to see it but 10 half decent games doesn’t warrant a contract IMO.

Some fans have very short memories. 

Better than half decent IMO  but yes agreed he needs to keep it up for the next 8 games. If he does he'll be a real asset to the squad and I'd expect he'd be offered new terms. One of the encouraging things for me too is how Jos is getting a tune out of both Nuhiu and Joao.

Not really about memory for me. I've always thought he had more about him than some gave him credit for. 

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Adthe Nuhiu.jpg

Just waiting for some idiot to say hes better than Winnall !!!

3 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

This nuhiu love fest because he’s finally scored a couple of goals in a single game is getting silly now 

Guest Manwithastick
31 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Better than half decent IMO  but yes agreed he needs to keep it up for the next 8 games. If he does he'll be a real asset to the squad and I'd expect he'd be offered new terms. One of the encouraging things for me too is how Jos is getting a tune out of both Nuhiu and Joao.

Not really about memory for me. I've always thought he had more about him than some gave him credit for. 

What tune? We've won 2 in 12.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
7 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

What tune? We've won 2 in 12.

The 6 goals in 10 starts tune for Nuhiu. Many think Joao looks an improved player under Jos too.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

3 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

This nuhiu love fest because he’s finally scored a couple of goals in a single game is getting silly now 

OK I see your point but id we exclude the last game he's still got 4 in 9 starts. You would pay top dollar for a striker who can do that. I'm not getting carried away but if he doesn't want a big rise I'd give him another year.