Adthe Nuhiu Stats, Facts and Figures...

Certainly Atdhe seems to be prospering under Jos. more than he has under others, especially Carlos. Atdhe's game has not been dependent on the goals he scores, but also on the effect he has on the rest of the team, and the opposition. On his appearance, he immediately attracts two or even three defenders, leaving others light on the defence. He also has the ability to 'square up' a side that is starting to be pulled out of shape. I honestly thought that he was not given a fair deal (not on his own) under Carlos, who seemed determined to prove his own buys were the thing.

At the time of his purchase, we were after, needed, and he was touted as a striker, out and out. I have personally never seen him in this role. he can be a goal-scorer, but this is not his primary role.

Edited by Buxtongent
finish.

He's the only one of our senior out of contract players I'd give a new contract at the end of the season.

Infact I'd have him around for as long as we're a Championship club. Say what you want about Nuhiu - and people frequently do - but he clearly understands his role in the squad, is never going to upset the apple cart, doesn't command big wages, seems immensely popular off the field and never gives less than his all on it. He remains a unique player at this level that still causes problems for other teams and he's been an absolute warrior during difficult times this year. 

We could allow him to walk for nothing but I think we'd regret it. Much like I think it's typical that we've badly missed Semedo's infectious enthusiasm, experience and professionalism in the one season where we've probably needed him at this level, as soon as we decide to get rid. 

People will say we need to do better and they might be right from a pure ability standpoint. But we've tried assembling an expensive collection of "better" forwards than Nuhiu and I'd get rid of a couple of those sooner than I would him. 

• Like 1

Without question worth a new contract.

Let’s just remind ourselves. He is keeping Jordan Rhodes, our all time record signing , out of the team. If you would have said that 14 months ago you would have been laughed at all the way to the Leeds, as the advert went.

26 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Without question worth a new contract.

Let’s just remind ourselves. He is keeping Jordan Rhodes, our all time record signing , out of the team. If you would have said that 14 months ago you would have been laughed at all the way to the Leeds, as the advert went.

At the moment I could keep Rhodes out of the team not kicked a ball in 25 years 

• Haha 2

The stats are flawed.  Does coming on for the last ten minutes when we're 3-0 down still count as an appearance?

Minutes played should be the only yardstick.

Anyway, I think Atdhe is a better player than most folk give him credit for.  I'd have him in the squad even when Hooper Fletcher and FF are back.

He'll never score many goals, but he'll make it easier for others to score.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CLswfc said:

Im not having that, Jos is crap according to quite a few on here. Those figures are fudged .:duntmatter:

Jos has won 2 league games in 12. Not exactly a brilliant record is it. Lets hope the very good result against Leeds is the start of something but previous to that he wasnt producing even with the injuries imo.

If they could get him match fit to play a full 90 minutes twice a week week in week out. He would be a good squad player to have.

But if we have Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Joao, Rhodes all fit can you see him even making the bench. If we are getting rid of Fletcher and a n other then I would keep him as another option but if not then thank you but no thank you.

We cannot afford next season to be carrying 7 strikers when anymore than 4 is too many.

None of the past stats matter...We bought Rhodes on past stats...that worked out well didn't it?

Adam Reach a few months ago was absolute pants..Now he gets M.O.M most games....Players progress....

You may tghink Adthe is too old to progress, but he obviously isn't.

Joao?.....I slated him meself, saying he looks talented but often takes the wrong option...He's improved...and he's doing fine...

Players do adapt..they improve, they get worse...Its knowing who's on form at the time and using them...Thats the job of Jos.

Last week I was worried sick about going down, 2 Adthe goals and I felt a palpable relief..The first one...yea..he simply couldn't miss..The second, despite some saying it was abysmal defending, was a fairly consumate finish...I thought...

Go with what we have at the minute...

Deserves a new contract .. when given the chance like under Gray and now Jos .. he'll do a job - he causes the opposition all sorts of problems and many a game he'll have 1,2 if not 3 players trying to get the ball off him .. its no wonder under Gray and possibly the first season under Carlos, him playing allowed others the time and space to do their bit

Good squad player.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
32 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Jos has won 2 league games in 12. Not exactly a brilliant record is it. Lets hope the very good result against Leeds is the start of something but previous to that he wasnt producing even with the injuries imo.

Conversely I like that Jos has had the sweetbreads to resist rushing players back prematurely despite the pressure he's been under. We'll see what he's really made of as even more of our stars become ready to join Lees and Hutch.

Anyway another Nuhiu stat under Jos; 6 goals from 10 starts.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

2 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Dunt think he’s been given a fair crack of the whip last few seasons.  

Unplayable at times, great asset to have 

keep it up Nuhiu

He has been given a fair crack..... hes just been cr@p! Fair play to the lad hes been great the last couple of games, but hes not really good enough