Adthe Nuhiu Stats, Facts and Figures...

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

This.

Always done us well. When Hooper/Fletcher/Forestieri return he shouldn't be starting matches.

Nuhiu on current form would be ahead of Fletcher for me. I have a hunch that we might lose either FF or Hooper in the summer. Nuhiu good to have around even if as a squad player IMO.

54 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Nuhiu on current form would be ahead of Fletcher for me. I have a hunch that we might lose either FF or Hooper in the summer. Nuhiu good to have around even if as a squad player IMO.

A player in and around the team would be ideal. But he can't start. Fletcher should come back in the team ahead of him when he returns, although that won't be this season. Our good run of form last season which saw us clinch the playoffs came after Fletcher finally hit a bit of scoring form. Him and Joao would work very well in a front 2 IMO.

Think we'll lose both Hooper and Forestieri if I'm honest.

Great spirit and attitude but he reminds me of that tall bloke Birmingham used to have - always scared me when he came on but never did anything. I think is a law of Physics or summat - like Peter Crouch, Giants don't jump properly. 

Put it this way, if the team is crying out for pace, why do we think Atty the Lumberjack is the answer. He is a last ten minutes last throw of the dice option. And he can scare people ..... 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The only stat that counts is that over the course of his time here he hasn’t been good enough and hasn’t scored enough goals. A run of 12 half decent games doesn’t warrant a £10k a week contract for another 12 months. 

Hes been a good servant and yes he’s stepped up in recent months but over the last 3/4 years he’s been poor and struggled to hold down a regular place...there is a reason why 3 previous managers haven't played him and when Jos has a fully fit squad he will find himself in a similar position. 

And maybe there is a reason why none of the 3 previous managers have got rid of him. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

He has been given a fair crack..... hes just been cr@p! Fair play to the lad hes been great the last couple of games, but hes not really good enough

Give over

Surely the merit of a player is to pull it out the hat when it counts ??

Threadbare squad and he’s performing - what more you want ??

7 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

4 in 9, the first time he’s achieved that ratio in a bunch of games in his entire Wednesday career, it’s a flash in the pan 

Maybe a flash in the pan, as some would put it BUT he did it when we most direly needed it.

100% commitment, effort and passion, so probably others should look to his example.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

A player in and around the team would be ideal. But he can't start. Fletcher should come back in the team ahead of him when he returns, although that won't be this season. Our good run of form last season which saw us clinch the playoffs came after Fletcher finally hit a bit of scoring form. Him and Joao would work very well in a front 2 IMO.

Think we'll lose both Hooper and Forestieri if I'm honest.

If Nuhiu continues as he is then fletcher will have his work cut out. I wouldn't call it either way at the moment.

I suspect you may be right about Hooper and FF. They may well be sold to raise funds for the necessary summer overhaul. Shame but needs must probably.

22 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Maybe a flash in the pan, as some would put it BUT he did it when we most direly needed it.

100% commitment, effort and passion, so probably others should look to his example.

His commitment, effort and passion have never ever been in question, just his ability. What’s he’s done against Leeds is brilliant and I can’t knock him for that, If every player put it in like he does it’d be perfect, I’m just talking about the ones constantly talking about him like he’s the new ronaldo it’s way over the top is all and for the record I’d give him a new deal but not a 5 years contract guaranteed starter role like some are suggesting I think he can do a job off the bench if required SOME games 

Edited by SheffWed-1867

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
10 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

163 appearances. 23 goals. That’s all the stats you need

We’re already up against it with FFP. He might be a nice bloke that gives 100% but the fact is he isn’t good enough for a team with promotion ambitions. 

Disagree, 6 in 10 starts under the new regime is a valid stat.

Nice bloke doesn't come into it. He's proving to be a useful asset. Maybe not as a first choice starter but good to have  even in a promotion chasing squad if used right IMO.

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

If they could get him match fit to play a full 90 minutes twice a week week in week out. He would be a good squad player to have.

But if we have Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Joao, Rhodes all fit can you see him even making the bench. If we are getting rid of Fletcher and a n other then I would keep him as another option but if not then thank you but no thank you.

We cannot afford next season to be carrying 7 strikers when anymore than 4 is too many.

We can’t afford to be carrying strikers you are correct and should the unlikely happen and Hirst stays he has to be involved. But, if possible Fletcher Rhodes Winnall should all be sold before Nuhiu. That said we’d still be top heavy. 

It’s a toughy but he is unique and has deserved a new contract. And I love him !!!

• Haha 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

His commitment, effort and passion have never ever been in question, just his ability. What’s he’s done against Leeds is brilliant and I can’t knock him for that, If every player put it in like he does it’d be perfect, I’m just talking about the ones constantly talking about him like he’s the new ronaldo it’s way over the top is all 

This isn't happening though and certainly the praise he's getting now is nowhere near as OTT as a lot of the flak he's copped in the past.

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Disagree, 6 in 10 starts under the new regime is a valid stat.

Nice bloke doesn't come into it. He's proving to be a useful asset. Maybe not as a first choice starter but good to have  even in a promotion chasing squad if used right IMO.

6 in 10 starts. 17 goals in 5 years before that ...

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

6 in 10 starts. 17 goals in 5 years before that ...

Illustrates the impact Jos has had on him. Let's hope it continues. Only time,not opinion, will tell.

13 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

163 appearances. 23 goals. That’s all the stats you need. 

We’re already up against it with FFP. He might be a nice bloke that gives 100% but the fact is he isn’t good enough for a team with promotion ambitions. 

To be fair.... hes bagged 31 in 101 starts for us and got 19 assists in all comps. Granted there is also 90 appearances as a sub to his name. Realistically these  sub appearances mostly have come as 10 mins here and there. Not really enough time on the pitch to influence a game. 

For me hes a different option and a player that we should seek to keep hold of even if just a squad player. Hes been involved in 50 goals in about 200 appearances for us. Not bad for a freebie who doesnt hide and gives his all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

We cannot afford next season to be carrying 7 strikers when anymore than 4 is too many.

That would be inadequate in League Two, never mind what we're hoping to achieve. If this season hasn't shown you that then you are beyond hope. Much of the time teams will have 2 on the field and 2 on the bench. Get a single injury and you're already lacking options. Four of our top five strikers at the start of the season (Forestieri, Hooper, Fletcher and Winnall) haven't kicked a ball for us between them in 2018. Our sixth and seventh options (Joao and Nuhiu) have scored 11 of our last 16 goals between them, and thank God they have. 

3 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

We have won one league game in over 2 years in which Nuhiu started.

He's not the Messiah.

You and your infamous "selective statistics" TM again? How many league games did Nuhiu start between 8th May 2016 and 22nd December 2017 (that's 19 of the 24 months period you keep referencing)? 

TWO ! 

By the time he returned to the starting lineup due mainly to injuries, the slump was well underway. Indeed, his first league start in just one week short of a full calendar year was the day before Carvalhal scarpered to Swansea having completed his time here with a pathetic 4 points from his last 7 games.

Since winning at Villa Park in the first week of November, we've won 1 of the 9 league games Nuhiu has started and 2 of the 13 he hasn't. Yes... he's obviously the problem isn't he? :dry:

• Like 1

You need diversity in a team and he offers a different dimension which a manager could use.

I think we all agree about the limited talent but what he has can be channelled and useful.

Shame others don't seem as committed but truth is he single handily may have saved our championship survival, only time will tell.

I'm not saying he'll start every game but I also don't think he should be cast aside.

But hey OIMO

Edited by ElsecarOwl

32 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

163 appearances. 23 goals. That’s all the stats you need. 

There's more to being a striker than just scoring goals (especially when those numbers are knowingly filtered). And let's not forget that Nuhiu has started just 11 of our last 84 league games. David Hirst has always been quick to praise the graft of Paul Williams when it came to creating scoring opportunities, even though his own scoring record was rather modest.