Adthe Nuhiu Stats, Facts and Figures...

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

This nuhiu love fest because he’s finally scored a couple of goals in a single game is getting silly now 

If the love fest ever reaches the heights of the  previous hate fests it really will be silly.

6 goals in last 10 starts is pretty tidy. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

If they could get him match fit to play a full 90 minutes twice a week week in week out. He would be a good squad player to have.

But if we have Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Joao, Rhodes all fit can you see him even making the bench. If we are getting rid of Fletcher and a n other then I would keep him as another option but if not then thank you but no thank you.

We cannot afford next season to be carrying 7 strikers when anymore than 4 is too many.

If we hadn’t got 7 strikers we would be well and truly goosed this season . Strikers win matches , and unfortunately for us this season all ours have either been injured or out of form . 

So , yes in my opinion we need all 7 , if they were fit most of them would start for any team in this league. ( and we wouldn’t be in the dire league position we’ve found ourselves in ) 

Edited by Vernster

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

The stats are flawed.  Does coming on for the last ten minutes when we're 3-0 down still count as an appearance?

Minutes played should be the only yardstick.

Anyway, I think Atdhe is a better player than most folk give him credit for.  I'd have him in the squad even when Hooper Fletcher and FF are back.

He'll never score many goals, but he'll make it easier for others to score.

Interesting isn't it that we spend so much time discussing how to get the best out of Jordan Rhodes but just not finding it

Perhaps we should have been discussing how to get the best out of Atdhe..ie more goals.

Jos seems to be doing just that. He was close to getting a hat trick at Leeds with a dipping shot from distance.

Its been very unusual to see him attempting things like that in the past.

More please big lad.

The only stat that counts is that over the course of his time here he hasn’t been good enough and hasn’t scored enough goals. A run of 12 half decent games doesn’t warrant a £10k a week contract for another 12 months. 

Hes been a good servant and yes he’s stepped up in recent months but over the last 3/4 years he’s been poor and struggled to hold down a regular place...there is a reason that 3 previous managers haven’t played him and when Jos has a fully fit squad he will find himself in a similar position. 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

If they could get him match fit to play a full 90 minutes twice a week week in week out. He would be a good squad player to have.

But if we have Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, Joao, Rhodes all fit can you see him even making the bench. If we are getting rid of Fletcher and a n other then I would keep him as another option but if not then thank you but no thank you.

We cannot afford next season to be carrying 7 strikers when anymore than 4 is too many.

You're right that we need to reduce the numbers. 

I just don't agree Nuhiu is or should be the one for the chop.

I doubt Winnall will play for us again. I think Fletcher would be off if we could find a club to take on his wages, and I think FFP will force our hand on actively shopping Rhodes around. 

I'd also figure Atdhe would be comfortably the lowest wage earner of that lot, while also being arguably our closest thing to a genuinely different option. I actually don't see the sense in letting him go. 

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Without question worth a new contract.

Let’s just remind ourselves. He is keeping Jordan Rhodes, our all time record signing , out of the team. If you would have said that 14 months ago you would have been laughed at all the way to the Leeds, as the advert went.

bloody hell Leon Clarke would keep em both out,we need a lot better if we are going to push for the play offs next year,christ !!!

29 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The only stat that counts is that over the course of his time here he hasn’t been good enough and hasn’t scored enough goals. A run of 12 half decent games doesn’t warrant a £10k a week contract for another 12 months. 

Hes been a good servant and yes he’s stepped up in recent months but over the last 3/4 years he’s been poor and struggled to hold down a regular place...there is a reason that 3 previous managers haven’t played him and when Jos has a fully fit squad he will find himself in a similar position. 

Depends how you define not good enough 

if on goal scoring then yeah fair enough but he’s a kevin Davies type player who provides and does the hard work

guess it depends whether you value that type of player or would rather 2 goal scorers up top 

5 minutes ago, brando said:

bloody hell Leon Clarke would keep em both out,we need a lot better if we are going to push for the play offs next year,christ !!!

Leon Clarke has reverted to type I’ve heard. In their last match a cross came to him with an open goal just 4 yards out. He managed to put it back to where it came from.

I reckon he’s been mskicking and getting lucky up until now, else his pie bonus has been stopped

Edited by theowlsman

Just now, theowlsman said:

Leon Clarke has reverted to type I’ve heard. In their last match a cross came to him with an open goal just 4 yards out. He managed to put it back to where it came from.

I reckon he’s been mskicking and getting lucky up until now, else his pie binus has been stopped

bit like Nuhui against Villa then bud