Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

Just doesn't make sense to me.

They have all now spent months out injured, which makes the chances of them being able to attract a long term contract on similar wages elsewhere less likely as the club interested are wary of their fitness record.

However the agent then tells the interested clubs that they weren't really injured but weren't being played because their current club couldn't afford to pay their appearance/loyalty bonuses. Surely they would just state that this was the case rather than be happy to feign injury? Who would sign a contract that states the player has to adhere to the club line that includes saying they are injured even though they aren't?

Even if this bizarre reasoning was the case, surely it would still make future clubs apprehensive and certainly ensure they didn't include any big loyalty or appearance bonuses in future contracts with these players? 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Have you heard the call?

It's literally just a throwaway comment

Seriously cannot understand why this thread even went over one or two replies

lol

Give over, people are DESPERATE on here lately and you know it.

Desperate to appear ITK

Desperate to be outraged

Desperate to be sticking the knife in to the Chairman and manager

What they don’t realise is that this is a toxic circle, rumour quickly becomes fact, fact becomes toxic, toxicity feeds more rumours, the people spread the rumours and so we go around again and again.

Take this subject. Some bloke phones a phone in and says something that is completely at odds with what appears to be in the clubs released accounts, at odds with what the Chairman said only yesterday to the press and fans, at odds with what our own players have said publicly, at odds with what the Irish FA have said etc... but people have rushed to believe it. It is bizarre.

If there is any truth to it this is the biggest cover up in the history of football and we will be ripped apart as a club over it, it will be a national scandal. Why would the Yorkshire Post sit on it over the weekend if they had some evidence to make this stick? Why would BBC Sheffield not have topped off Look North, in turn national BBC news etc?

People are angry and frustrated because of our appalling and mind bending season. A small minority seem to be overjoyed with using this feeling on here to cause chaos.

In my opinion.

I find very strange that players are being deprived from playing and losing out on vast sums of money and yet none of them or there agents have chirped up . they all must have the good of the club close to there heart especially the agents who get a percentage of what the players earn and are prepared to write that off with out a whimper ......

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

:tango:

Proving my point perfectly.

Anyone offering any reasoned common sense gets vilified, laughed out or shouted out etc. Not even a hint of a decent bit of a conversation because it is punctuated with this type of thing.

If (and it’s a big if) this turns out to be true it really will be a HUGE national scandal. Just Google it, how many times in the history of modern football has it been reported that a club refused to pay ONE players appearance bonus by not playing him? Not many. Now look for examples where a club refused to pay MANY players appearance bonuses and made them fake injury to cover that up. You won’t find it.

You will find examples where Chairman such as Tan at Cardiff or Ashley at Newcastle allegedly refused to pay informal squad bonuses, but not contracted, legally binding player bonuses. And this has been a hot topic in recent years, with clubs like Man City, Liverpool, Man United etc having their player’s individual bonuses at the centre of many news stories as they aim to follow the Barcelona type model of performance related bonuses rather than appearance based etc.

There just isn’t logic to it. The club would be torn to bits by the FA and PFA if this comes out on Monday. The worry of FFP will be nothing compared to this. Which is why there isn’t a chance in hell of it being true.

59 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Anyone offering any reasoned common sense gets vilified, laughed out or shouted out etc. Not even a hint of a decent bit of a conversation because it is punctuated with this type of thing.

If (and it’s a big if) this turns out to be true it really will be a HUGE national scandal. Just Google it, how many times in the history of modern football has it been reported that a club refused to pay ONE players appearance bonus by not playing him? Not many. Now look for examples where a club refused to pay MANY players appearance bonuses and made them fake injury to cover that up. You won’t find it.

You will find examples where Chairman such as Tan at Cardiff or Ashley at Newcastle allegedly refused to pay informal squad bonuses, but not contracted, legally binding player bonuses. And this has been a hot topic in recent years, with clubs like Man City, Liverpool, Man United etc having their player’s individual bonuses at the centre of many news stories as they aim to follow the Barcelona type model of performance related bonuses rather than appearance based etc.

There just isn’t logic to it. The club would be torn to bits by the FA and PFA if this comes out on Monday. The worry of FFP will be nothing compared to this. Which is why there isn’t a chance in hell of it being true.

Yeah but what if the players have been hypnotised and think they are injured?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Will69 said:

:picnic::ghoulguy:

I'd be surprised if there were any truth in this and as others have stated it is just a contingent liability on the balance sheet, which is not uncommon.  That said, didn't we have an issue with Tommy Miller a few years back where we held him out of the team because if he played a certain number of games we had to offer him a new contract for the next season?

I think this has got a little outta proportion hasn't it?

The original post was not someone saying it was true regarding injuries and contracts.

It was simply someone posting that it had been said in a call to the radio station.

It wasn't presented as a "Fact" apart from the "Fact " it had been said .

However the initial post was worded , its clear what was stated was about what was said on the phone in.

I honestly don't understand the furore

We have a flippingflat earth section ffs!

If you're The Yorkshire Post and you have the story the caller alluded to, do you sit on it for a couple of days? Surely they'd publish it immediately, especially given its explosive nature and the well-known fact that they are anti-Sheffield.

Just now, Morepork said:

If you're The Yorkshire Post and you have the story the caller alluded to, do you sit on it for a couple of days? Surely they'd publish it immediately, especially given its explosive nature and the well-known fact that they are anti-Sheffield.

They tend to publish the big ones on Mondays I think.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Embarrassing that people seem to believe some fruit loop on RS than DC, KM, Jos & Bannan.

Do you really believe that are no non-injury influences behind the absences of ANY of our players?

One's just been announced in a prov international squad!

Do you really see us playing a side again with all of Westwood, Hooper, Lee et al?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Can’t wait for your next uninformed pathetic negative thread ...... I’m tipping Monday !

Rather than trashing the thread & dishing out laughing emojis, why not tell your opinion.

Jos told us 3 weeks ago Westwood was seeing ' a doctor in London', for possible surgery.

3 weeks later,  no sign of surgery & a place in the ROI prov squad. And no news of his return to the SWFC squad.

What do you make of this?

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
5 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

If it is true that our best players were stopped from playing due to contractual issues, i think that would be me done.

I spend money expecting to see the best players we have, playing to their best to win games.  

However, I don't think this is the case.  I think the players are simply injured.

The point some of us are making is that as a conspiracy theory it is a good because it COULD be true. Not saying it is but it is the main reason this story is getting traction. We know players contracts have weird and wonderful terms. We have never experienced a series of long term injuries like this. We know the club has made a loss and is sailing close to the FFP limits. We know our former manager has suggested there was an issue he will tell us about at the end of the season. We hear comments that players are fit but not picked.

However the stuff in the accounts is just an accounting disclosure. If you read that literally it says these payments are due if they are still at the club on certain dates. It would be irrelevant if they played or not 

The one huge absence in the evidence however is that other than Hutch saying "fit not picked" (and that is open to interpretation )not one player or their agents has broken rank. Given the media is used to air points to favour their position I can't believe this would not have dripped out already.